Road to Simulation #3

marco6158

17 minutes ago, TeamDeer said:

It should be known that any of the things you could have accomplished via save editing can be done via local only mods. 

Sure, local only mods like we all know and loved are not supported anymore. They can be used as hookups and that's harder to do, imo, so my question is this: will there be a guide on "how to adapt SP mods to MP" in the future or not? 
Thanks

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

4 minutes ago, Falco [ITA] said:

Sure, local only mods like we all know and loved are not supported anymore. They can be used as hookups and that's harder to do, imo, so my question is this: will there be a guide on "how to adapt SP mods to MP" in the future or not? 
Thanks

A guide for how to make a mod into a local hookup is currently being written and will be released soon. It won't cover the basics of Blender but will cover how to actually get the mods working. For the LED under spotlight mod, you won't even need Blender to make the LEDs local only (and therefore allowed)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I will pull peoples attention to the rule below: 

§3.6 - Local Only Modding

Local only accessories are not permitted for use in TruckersMP due to possible affects on other players. Local only addon hookups are permitted for use as these cannot affect other players. Local only mods are permitted to look any way wanted, including floating/clipping parts, looking like duplicates and similar. Local only parts must not have collision.

There is a fundamental difference between a mod and an accessory. For example, mods that change the sound or shape of a truck are not allowed, yet accessories (ie Scania varbis steering wheel) could be possible. A guide that explains how to do this would be quiet helpful and could be seen in the near future. 

EDIT: Well Fore beat me too it ^ ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Thanks for the very quick answers, I still don't know why sound mods can't work in TMP. They are a local thing, other people should not be affected by this, unless it has been save edited badly, in my opinion. But still, I'm very interested in how to convert aforementioned mods because I still have a few mods from 2018 and I'd like to use them, like the Vabis wheel and the windshield stickers :)

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

2 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I still can't understand why we'd need to be forced to use local mods... You want to show your creation, not keep it for yourself...

I certainly agree with this point

I'm trying to keep as neutral as possible in all of this, so I'm looking at this from both sides.

I've held back on commenting on this post until now, but I felt that this needs to be shared.

I know that the save editing community take pride in their creations and love displaying them.

Groups such as the "Go-In-Style" community do regular meets with save edited trucks, to showcase designs, etc.

It's now limited the level of creativity which can be displayed.

Equally the take that TruckersMP have taken makes sense, however it may not be the best way to go about it.

In any change people will disagree, however I think it's unlikely it's going to change. Once decisions like this are made, they tend to stick.

Just my two cents on the whole situation (if you want to call it that..), there are positives and negatives to the changes.

• Upvote 4

Kind Regards,

Ollie

xMbPhG7.png

@Beep Boop Coming Through Save editing is a culture. If it's not affecting you in any way, then it means you've never deeply got into it. I've gathered a few comments from people that are affected:

Spoiler

YHc8PrK.png

9XE2RSH.png

hSLvk9k.png

gPW5a0p.png

Of course there's more, but I think it's best that I don't show them, due to swearing. The save editing rules did upset some people to the point they cancelled their Patreon membership. I've cancelled mine, not only because of the changes to save editing rules, but also because I don't fully agree with the vision of TruckersMP, being so strict to the point it affects a lot of people that didn't have any harmful intentions.

I've had friends who left TMP because of the speed limit update, I've had friends who left because of save editing rules. I know you can't make everyone happy, it's impossible... But it's not going to work if you target the wrong people, just because there has been abuses in the past...

I think TruckersMP should focus more on the people with bad intentions, like the removal of the 3 months ban and going straight to permanent, that's good. But the whole "road to simulation", well... We're all playing a game which we want to enjoy. But the thing is, not everyone enjoys it the same way as others. I can understand that TruckersMP wants to go into a more "professional" and "simulation" experience. But I just think some of the things have been tackled the wrong way.

Anyways, that's just my words, had to let it out.

• Upvote 3

KkdaC1b.png

to stop people save editing & it being a problem why not just make it so players can only get the allowed save edit for the tmp website or forum & they cant be changed & them that are not from the tmp site just don't work as for the rules if you going to change the rules in that way then you need to change how the in game report system work & how the game mods do there job I don't know how you guys look at a players history but I think it would help if say there was a team of tmp staff that look at a players history even if they have not been banned & if they see a problem its added to a list that is sent to all game mods & if a game mod is doing a report they can just look at the list & say ok this play as this in there history I can just give them a  PERMANENT BAN they don't need to ask upper staff some thing like this would help the games mods do there jobs better & may be keep the bad players off like 

Most drastic changes will end up with certainly different reactions and approaches from the community, but I do fully support everything that has been announced so far. As someone who used to roleplay a lot in the SAMP community, mainly on LSRP since 2008 up to 2017, any changes that bring in more realism are certainly welcome. When it comes to save editing, I support it as well, because to be fair so many trucks look out of the place with mods that just look rather childish and make little to no sense. Feels more like a way for certain people to compensate. 

Games like iRacing, which is definitely in no shape or form associated with ETS2 or ATS, has truly achieved a gaming environment where most purists and simulation enthusiasts appreciate the effort and dedication to make everything as sim-like as possible, and that's definitely what I like to see happen with TMP - taking the steps to make everything more dedicated towards the sim environment. Kudos to you guys!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 4:48 PM, Stabbs [FIN] said:

Right....More strict save editing....So you guys are changing them how much and to a extent? Is SCS B-double with Krone Profiliner bannable trailer combination? Or even container HCT with smaller container trailer on the dolly?

spacer.png

I guess they mean is using doubles from different types like cistern + isulated for example

14 hours ago, MousemanLV said:

When it comes to save editing, I support it as well, because to be fair so many trucks look out of the place with mods that just look rather childish and make little to no sense. Feels more like a way for certain people to compensate.

Some people do it wrong, some do it right. But in my opinion, things like this isn't "childish" per se.

tJTHCKT.png

(Credits: @JackLad )

TruckersMP had to make a compromise when changing the save editing rules (unfortunately.) They are more than aware of the consequences it would cause.

I know that some people doesn't always appreciate the work done by the save editing community. But some others will definitely miss seeing the cool trucks and/or trailers passing by or parked.

4 hours ago, [Интегра] Folriden said:

Am I one of those people who aren't disturbed by new changes?

You're not the only one, I know that. But I am one of those people who do save editing for a long time, and I'm ready to defend that community of creators.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

KkdaC1b.png

1 hour ago, LordBenji said:

Some people do it wrong, some do it right. But in my opinion, things like this isn't "childish" per se.

tJTHCKT.png

TruckersMP had to make a compromise when changing the save editing rules (unfortunately.) They are more than aware of the consequences it would cause.

I know that some people doesn't always appreciate the work done by the save editing community. But some others will definitely miss seeing the cool trucks and/or trailers passing by or parked.

You're not the only one, I know that. But I am one of those people who do save editing for a long time, and I'm ready to defend that community of creators.

Seems to me like the second they see something they don't like that's it they ban it, i can honestly predict they will force us to j spec at some point because certain people in the community go out of their way to ruin it for the rest of us! I had to remove the horns as addons from my ats truck beacons which sucks as the default air horn on the lonestar & vnl are crap....

If these images offend you, your playing the wrong game people

6db794942be337f9ab65a2e7b0dbd0e7.jpg

15173203860_5fb1b6f07c_z.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• True Story 1

10 hours ago, LordBenji said:

tJTHCKT.png

But according to them thats allowed i guess , theres nothing wrong on those pics as u can do in  default game aswell

@LordBenji the green truck in the middle is the perfect example why save editing is now not allowed anymore, guess how many lights he has there in one slot? After you figure it out, you can multiply that number with 12

people kept abusing saving editing by placing 10000000500 items in one slot and now unfortunately everyone have to "pay"" for that, the same story is with speed limit, if people would drive carefully with no speed limit, no one would need to put 150 or 110km/h limit on the server, but players were pushing their trucks to the limits and abusing save editing by placing 10505105 items in one slots etc, that's why this feature is no longer allowed, I feel sad for save editing community who was doing it properly, but unfortunately due to abusers this is no longer allowed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, novice said:

@LordBenji the green truck in the middle is the perfect example why save editing is now not allowed anymore, guess how many lights he has there in one slot? After you figure it out, you can multiply that number with 12

people kept abusing saving editing by placing 10000000500 items in one slot and now unfortunately everyone have to "pay"" for that, the same story is with speed limit, if people would drive carefully with no speed limit, no one would need to put 150 or 110km/h limit on the server, but players were pushing their trucks to the limits and abusing save editing by placing 10505105 items in one slots etc, that's why this feature is no longer allowed, I feel sad for save editing community who was doing it properly, but unfortunately due to abusers this is no longer allowed

This philosophy is so wrong, there will always be abusers no matter how strict you will make the rules.

I've feel like you guys are fighting a 'war on drugs' like fight to make people follow the rules. This way you guys are taking the fun out of the game and people will start to leave. 

15 hours ago, novice said:

So your telling me we cant even swap truck engines, gearboxes & sound anymore? REALLY......

Something that I would like to see re interrgated into the system is the speed limiter lifted. I honestly believe that the faster a player is traveling the more attention they are paying to what is around them. This would help players get to their destinations faster and would keep traffic moving. However if the speed limiter was lifted then with the tougher punishments issued that might detour people from trolling with this feature. Simply because when the report is submitted in game the staff member accepting such report can review the demo which goes back two minutes. They can judge by how fast the vehicle was traveling and the impact's result. This would help them issuing the punishment. The speed limiter is a real pain and causes various issues within the community. With such large map areas to cover traveling at a top speed of 68MPH 120KMH takes forever to get somewhere. Yes this is a game but we understand you guys want to make it realistic but you have to even out the requests and changes and views from both player and staff. Not all of us troll. Not all of us act stupid while driving. There are drivers like myself who can handle a truck going down the road at 100MPH and know when to slow down when it comes to curves and other objects ahead of us which might pose a danger to the stability of our vehicle. If anything would it be possible to raise the speed limit from 68MPH to 100MPH. 

4 hours ago, William Kresh said:

Not all of us troll. Not all of us act stupid while driving. There are drivers like myself who can handle a truck going down the road at 100MPH and know when to slow down when it comes to curves and other objects ahead of us which might pose a danger to the stability of our vehicle.

True. But you fail to see the other side of the story. Some are trolls, many act stupid while driving. The speed restriction is not there because of the people like you who can handle high speeds, it's there because of the people who can't (but still will drive pedal to the metal because they don't give a ****).

16 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

True. But you fail to see the other side of the story. Some are trolls, many act stupid while driving. The speed restriction is not there because of the people like you who can handle high speeds, it's there because of the people who can't (but still will drive pedal to the metal because they don't give a ****).

Fact is they could completely restrict this right back to basics ( base game, no dlc or anything & ban all edits etc ) people would still find a way to ruin it....." everyone is restricted to 310hp ivecos with a top speed of 10mph " trolls just resort to blocking, then they go on about the 3 million registered users of which probably 80% or so are banned accounts & unused accounts! 

Another thing i read which to me sounds rather silly is adding horns makes them louder which im pretty sure isnt true, its the tones that change not the sound level.