Road to Simulation #3

marco6158

1 minute ago, Pillow said:

What I said was an answer to someone stating the duplication rule should be removed. I did not say the rule changes were all focussed on save-editing.

I understand it may feel unfair, however those rule changes are done because of our focus on simulation, and that is exactly what this game is called. A simulator, simulating how real trucking is like. Times are changing and so is our community, and unfortunately we can't keep everyone happy. We understand some or many may disagree with our changes, but as I said, we can't keep everyone happy. If we don't make changes, people aren't happy, and if we do make changes, people aren't happy either.

u say to focus on irl but if u litterally look at someone whos even spend only an tiny bit of money on the looks its usually an roofbar with fogs and leds under them so the fact stuff like this gets banned is what we get mad about 

5 minutes ago, Swen_Tha_Mastah said:

u say to focus on irl but if u litterally look at someone whos even spend only an tiny bit of money on the looks its usually an roofbar with fogs and leds under them so the fact stuff like this gets banned is what we get mad about 

It's focussed on Simulation is what I said, on what trucking is like. Not on what pimping your truck is like. We allow you to customize your truck with the available items in-game, of which there are many, so it's not like we disallow you from customizing your truck at all. 

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

2 minutes ago, Pillow said:

It's focussed on Simulation is what I said, on what trucking is like. Not on what pimping your truck is like. We allow you to customize your truck with the available items in-game, of which there are many, so it's not like we disallow you from customizing your truck at all. 

okay ill go c-d style highbeams and strobes everywhere not my fault if peoples crap pc cant handle the fps drop

• Haha 1

I strongly disagree with the decision taken about basically removing save editing. Trucks are basically our mobile home on wheels, it conveys our style, our persona. You can build realistic trucks via save editing... but not anymore. Restricting what is already very limited by the game itself, is plain ridiculous. People save edited parts already in the game and not external, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd suggest reverting these changes and bring back the save edit we all loved and I'm not referring to local mods, because "they caused crashes and lag". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • True Story 1

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

Don't see how the save editing effects other players experience in the slightest.  You made it so strict that I would be scared to play it. if I wasn't already banned xD 

also limiting everybody to 110km very realistic how many trucks you know of limited to 110 in real life? none? exactly. shame how the creators know a lot about rules and nothing about trucking

I honestly believe that a player who might have four or five bans on their account should be allowed a chance on the team if they have went over a year or two without any further punishments. It is their indication to the community of their willing to change and their ability to do what is right. People make mistakes and people do things out of certain anger or other instances but given the time they have put into the community without further punishment should be reviewed as a positive change and with that should be allowed to work on the team. This being as that player has been in the wrong in the past, they have received the punishment and they have changed. They have worked to become a better person and with that it means they would in my opinion be a valuable person to the community as they come from both sides as player and staff and therefore can be seen as a role model. 

I playing since May 2016 without any Bans. I have no Problem with harder Punishments and Rules. Sure, i´ve also made some Mistakes Ingame, but the Trick is Communication, Polite Behaviour and Respect. And for the other Things, i have a Recording as Backup! ;)

And for the Guys who need 15 Different Truck Brand Parts and +35 Duplications to create their own unique Look of their Truck. Well, try this in Reality. Built a Real Truck with +20 Highbeams, 36 Airhorns, 45 Beacons, 298,5 Smallights, 60 Flash- LED, 450 Scarfs and Pennants in the Windows! It would be interesting to see what you telling to the police officer that stopped you in the European Area! ;)

You can Create your Unique Trucks with Default Parts/Slots and some legal Editing that is hidden in the Game, which not affecting other Players in Multiplayer and it is visible to them, if they having the DLC´s.

1 hour ago, Pillow said:

What I said was an answer to someone stating the duplication rule should be removed. I did not say the rule changes were all focussed on save-editing.

I understand it may feel unfair, however those rule changes are done because of our focus on simulation, and that is exactly what this game is called. A simulator, simulating how real trucking is like. Times are changing and so is our community, and unfortunately we can't keep everyone happy. We understand some or many may disagree with our changes, but as I said, we can't keep everyone happy. If we don't make changes, people aren't happy, and if we do make changes, people aren't happy either.

to be honest u do know that theres this little tuning ingame because scs doesnt want to promote illegal modifications alltough techincly every item of exterior mods is illegal besides the strobes on a grill, The roofbars with leds and fog lights being banned because it affects other users is complete bs it doesnt affect anyone unless u have 50 on that spot

3 hours ago, JackLad said:

This whole thing is a joke man... why do it? All your going to do is annoy people and loose players.

I would not say that we want this.

Every time we change the rules, there are many players who want to break these rules by abusing the opportunities that we allow. 

Any rules are contained in the text, which is limited precisely by abuse, when we see that more and more players use combinations that are contrary to the rules, and also find ways to exploit the vulnerabilities of the rules, we are forced to close these 'gaps'. Therefore, such changes are only the consequences of the fact that someone wanted to circumvent our rules. 

There is not a single project that would not do something like this, the rules always change depending on how users use them. Therefore, I do not think that you can blame us for something, we just want to protect what we expect from the project and from the community.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

2 hours ago, Pillow said:

ofcourse some changes are good but i honestly dont see how an duped bullbar is harmfull to others

57 minutes ago, Mercedes Benz said:

The only people who search for "Simulation" is like 5% of the community or so, and the rest is who disagree with this.

Well, around 3.3 Million Accounts *5% = 165.000 Players who want to play TruckersMP as a Simulator Game. I would say thats not bad. I wait for day when 165k players joining the servers! ;)

to be honest I'm saddened by this update, I mean the whole shake up about bans and punishment lengths is a step in the right direction and a positive step towards a better future for TMP, my concerns are the changes to save editing and what you can and cannot do now.

I mean, the rules as they it stood were pretty clear cut and for someone like me who enjoys building edited trucks and trailers, you knew what was allowed and what wasn't. now you can pretty much do no type of save edit at all for trailers and very minimal changes to trucks thanks to the new rules. 

as said before, changes are supposed to try and be in the right direction, but this change in some respects is a good few steps backwards, yes ultimately TMP is aiming for a completely simulation based world, which is both good and bad, but ultimately the "simulator" is nothing more than a game and by claiming things should and should not be included in the game simply because its not "realistic" is rather far fetched, I mean come on, unless TMP has thousands of staff all over Europe and the USA reporting back how every single truck and trailer looks and the "modifications" that are on said trucks and trailers, then allow those of us who want to drive more custom looking trucks and trailers around do so.

Bring back the old save editing rules!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, Opa Knicknack said:

I playing since May 2016 without any Bans. I have no Problem with harder Punishments and Rules. Sure, i´ve also made some Mistakes Ingame, but the Trick is Communication, Polite Behaviour and Respect. And for the other Things, i have a Recording as Backup! ;)

And for the Guys who need 15 Different Truck Brand Parts and +35 Duplications to create their own unique Look of their Truck. Well, try this in Reality. Built a Real Truck with +20 Highbeams, 36 Airhorns, 45 Beacons, 298,5 Smallights, 60 Flash- LED, 450 Scarfs and Pennants in the Windows! It would be interesting to see what you telling to the police officer that stopped you in the European Area! ;)

You can Create your Unique Trucks with Default Parts/Slots and some legal Editing that is hidden in the Game, which not affecting other Players in Multiplayer and it is visible to them, if they having the DLC´s.

You're literally trying to make it look worse than it is. The nonsense you're talking is ridiculus, "having +35 duplications" cant get anymore idiotic than that. The max limit with the old rules was 10 dupes per truck. It was more than enough to recreate real life trucks. And even in real life there are enough allowed parts/setups both for the roof or bottom bars, etc. If you would've ever noticed the trucks drivien by the saveedit community you would realise that we did exactly the opposite of what you're trying to tell us. The unrealistic things in TMP are the people that color their truck in any neon color and have the whole front filled with Lights. With saveedit we tried to get away from the standard christmas trees daily driven on C-D or anywhere else on the map and furthermore those edits didnt even affect any players... they just blessed them with something else than "HIDDEN WORD BY STAFF" all over the place.

You're really a genius for trying to play the "HIDDEN WORD BY STAFF" about stuff you didn't even look at. Congrats man

• Upvote 1