Coronavirus updates from China

SprinterFS

Anything I see from my side that are related to the novel coronavirus outbreak goes here.

Ā 

This thread will keep going if I manage to stay alive among all this, and if the internet does not get shut down. There are no guarantees, however.

Ā 

Controversial (but not extremist) opinions go inside spoilers.

Ā 

Replies with your own opinions are strongly encouraged and appreciated, as long as they comply with the rules. This does not mean you have to be in support or disapproval of any government.

Ā 

Keywords: Do not fear. Do not trust. Do not forgive.

Ā 

Sources: self, TV, news network. Never is anything taken from social media or blog sites, unless TV or news network sourced them in the first place.

I do not live in the biggest cities or the most seriously infected regions of China, nor do I have a chance to visit those places.

Why post here -- The TruckersMP forums remain as one of the last remaining forums that can be legally accessed from within China. Most other outlets have been blocked by the Chinese government.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

Ņ‰Ā  PEOPLE'S REPUBLICĀ OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Update 02/02/2020

Ā 

I know very closely more than a couple dozen people personally, that I have met in person and maintained a healthy relationship for years. As of now, the only 3 people of them are working their jobs because they work in the medical field. No one else is working their jobs, including me myself along with all my colleagues. My entire workplace is on a halt, and there are thousands if not millions of such workplaces across the country.

Ā 

People with money cannot buy masks because they are not being stocked. One of my relative works at a drugstore: they stocked masks (pack of 10) for 25 rmb each and sell them for 30 rmb each. The drugstore was then punished for charging too much for masks. So they stopped stocking because 25 was the cheapest they can get, and already they cannot cover the costs and trouble related to selling masks. Because obviously, not having masks is not punishable.

Ā 

Many paramedics in my city were taken away because there was a quota that has to be met, since every province has to move a certain number of doctors to Wuhan. Now there are not enough doctors for my city -- we have infected people tooĀ (Not that there were enough skilled doctors to begin with). To make things worse, doctors that are moved away also tend to be the most experienced.

Ā 

Probably, this is a desirable situation for someĀ people. They have benefitted from this incident, and they stole the protective gears from doctors in Wuhan to use for themselves, who sit away in private offices all day.

As such, I would notĀ trust my donation with the red cross foundation, along with any organizations that claim to work with red cross. I did not donate because evidently, my donation would not make any difference to the people in need.

I would not trust the official data, either. The Chinese government has a habit of under-reporting or not reporting on things like death tolls. This happens on all levels from neighborhood to nationwide.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

Officials say 20 million masks are being produced daily while there are still no masks for sale at my local drugstore.

Ā 

Meanwhile, the same officials are encouraging people to reuse masks.

Ā 

2 of the recently infected people I know personally and live in my city. We talked over the phone -- they had dinner with people who recently arrived from Wuhan -- these peopleĀ were suspected of the virus but were let freeĀ for 3 days, while they visited the only shopping center and most of the drugstores within my city, riding on multiple bus lines. This has confirmed once again that the people in power here in my city are a bunch of incompetent mess.

Ā 

This production number probably includes the large quantities of counterfeit and recycled masks. Because having a piece of cloth on your mouth gives you peace of mind, and the cloth does not have to be sanitary.

SprinterFS.gif

In relations to the Coronavirus as great of a matter as it is simpleĀ hygiene techniques are the easiest way to avoid it (that and being an introvert but hey outdoors). There are 15'000 + confirmed cases around the globeĀ however we seem to be worrying dearly about the amount of deaths, and why yes there are deaths that is tragic however majority of the people that have passed away (around 362Ā people - 259Ā of which have been confirmed deaths in China)Ā ~ not to mention the age average of these deaths is 40 and commonly sick, old or people with weaker immune systems. If you are fit, healthy and don't have any outstanding health concerns or issues then it is very likely that your body wont fail provided treatment or at least medical attention is addressed [Source:Ā https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/01/top-who-official-says-not-too-late-to-stop-coronavirus-outbreak/].

Ā image.png.2151b43db3e279f73a497b2f04ce3d5b.png

[Source:Ā https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1232241/coronavirus-warning-symptoms-china-virus-uk-complications]

Ā 

Hope this helps sooth some minds, and I know thats hard to say when some are living with it or on top of it but constant reassurance is the most positive thing you can do - the world has survived much greater epidemicsĀ 

Stay Strong out there Truckers

Ā 

Kind Regards,

Ā 

Top Bloke | Scania LTD DirectorĀ 

Ā 

On 2/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, Scania LTD l Top Bloke said:

Ā 

True, but I am more concerned about my (and other people's) jobs. MostĀ of us are not working our jobs. We don't get paid for staying at home, and we cannot start working until the virus is under control. But we still have bills to pay, and those people care about nothing but money. Life can be much harder for those who own their businesses, but I don't own one, and I don't know what's involved.

Ā 

Ā 

Updates:

Ā 

Power and water were turned off for me yesterday. They are back up now.

Ā 

Officials have now admitted that many infected in Wuhan were not receiving proper treatment, and that there is a severe shortage on medical supplies. There were so called "rumors" on the internet for one month before the officials first opened up about it.

Ā 

People in charge of the red cross warehouse in Wuhan, accused of stealing medical supplies, were "booked on an appointment to talk about it" with the governors. No related news have been released since.

Ā 

Social media link, Videos of theĀ counterfeit masks:

https://live.kuaishou.com/u/3x2jv99bg4b365a/3x8n7ju77y8p44y

https://live.kuaishou.com/u/ZYW-1207288506/3xwf9ye82km99fm

Ā 

No spoilers for now.

SprinterFS.gif

1723058041_FORZACEO.png.1034e3f8a34530e8aa9478eff30dc0f0.png

TRUCKERSMP - CHINESE PLAYER

FORZA CEO l TH3 B3ST

Languages:Chinese | English

|Ā äø­ę–‡ęæ块Ā |Ā ęøøęˆč§„åˆ™ |Ā äø­ę–‡åø®åŠ© |Ā ę‹›č˜Ā |

Chinese Discussion | Rules | Help |Ā RecruitmentĀ |

éœ€č¦ęŸäŗ›åø®åŠ©ļ¼Œčæ˜ę˜Æę‰¾äøåˆ°č§£å†³ę–¹ę”ˆļ¼ŸåœØčæ™é‡Œč”ē³»ę”ÆęŒå›¢é˜Ÿęäŗ¤ę”ÆęŒå• Ā ļ¼

On 2/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, Spig_Xiao Zhu said:

Everyone is fighting with the devil. It's painful to see this sceneļ¼ŒIt's going to get betterļ¼Œ?Refueling China???

Ā 

Ā 

I haven't been out for a long timeļ¼?

I agree with you, man. :(Ā 
RefuelingĀ China ??

Report a UserĀ |Ā Appeal a BanĀ |Ā Feedback SystemĀ |Ā Support SystemĀ |Ā Knowledge BaseĀ |Ā Event RequestĀ |Ā RulesĀ |Ā Event RulesĀ |Ā Meet the TeamĀ |Ā Join the Team
Ā 

Further details on the officials I referred to on yesterday's update. I had more time to read into the news interview transcript.

Ā 

Basically, the officialsĀ admitted to the public that Wuhan's healthcare system has failed. Since local hospitals have run out of all resources, many people with confirmed ncov infection were sent home to self-medicate. These people then pass the virus on to their family, other people living in the same apartment building, and anyone they meet with.

Ā 

The self-medicating situationĀ also implies (although not expressively) that there could be a (severe) underestimation of the death toll. People who are suspected of ncov infection but not fully diagnosedĀ could not receive proper treatment, and their deaths do not count into the official statistics.

Ā 

In the link below: people are posting here to ask for help. Most if not all of these cases are self medication that went horribly bad while proper medical help remain inaccessible.

In order to post there, the applicant's name, age, address, phone number,Ā medical information, and emergency contact information must be made public. According to weibo's super admin, some applicants have since received spam and harassment by phone calls, including advertisements for counterfeit medicine.

https://huati.weibo.com/6882551Ā (Social media, contents in Chinese_Simplified)

As of 2pm (GMT+8), Feb 7 / 2020, a total of 1,231 requests were posted. 97 posts (less than 10%) received a response.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

PEOPLE ARE DYING.
Ā 

Ā 

SprinterFS.gif

OntoĀ Steroids as a method of treating ncov infection:

Ā 

https://tech.sina.com.cn/roll/2020-02-07/doc-iimxyqvz0918506.shtml

Source: Dr. J. Kenneth Baillie. "Clinical Evidence does not Support Corticosteroid treatment for 2019-nCoV lung injury", The Lancet (2020)

"The steroid has nearly no benefit for patients, and does more harm to their body."

Ā 

Meanwhile,

http://finance.sina.com.cn/roll/2020-02-04/doc-iimxyqvz0104524.shtml

"The steroid has been selected (for a total of 4 times, by 2 gov.Ā departments)Ā as a valid way to treat people infected with ncov, and is now being massively produced."

Ā 

This is the exact same steroid that destroyed people's bones in the 2003 SARS-CoV epidemic.

Ā 

Here, the government's overall competenceĀ is determined by its ability to reduce the number of deaths. It seems that nothing else is being considered.

Therefore, nobody cares if you are disabledĀ for the rest of your life. As long as you don't die from the virus, they have done their jobs.

SprinterFS.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Ā 

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been over 14 days since the last reply.

Ā 

For the reason stated above, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Ā 

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

Ā 

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | SupportĀ | NewsĀ |Ā Meet the Team

Archived