KaitanFox

Question

Whenever I go to play either American Truck Sim or Euro Truck Sim 2 the game starts but then freezes halfway through showing the SCS logo when you first open the game. However I can still hear the sound of the game music and if I manage to click something with the mouse despite only being able to see the frozen SCS logo. I have tried restarting steam and validating the game files but it does not work.

7 answers to this question

Hello there,

Do you alt-tab out while starting ETS2/ATS up? If so, that is the problem why your game keeps freezing.

You could also try to edit the "config.cfg" file under "C:\*Username*\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2". In that directory open the "config.cfg" file with any text editor of your choice (Notepad ++ for example). Once in that config.cfg file press "Ctrl+F" and type "r_fullscreen"  in the search box and hit enter. If you see the option "uset r_fullscreen "0" ", you can try either setting it to "1" or "0" to enable/disable fullscreen and see if that helps you out.

I hope I could help you out with my knowledge.

Kind regards,

- Inklink

Edited by Inklink
Corrected some things here and there.

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @KaitanFox

1.After you have logged in to your game profile.
time in TruckersMP does not stand still, as in a single game.
you should wait 5-10 minutes and everything will load.

1.Video Driver Issues
Video driver or graphics driver is also one of the major causes of freeze in games. It is always recommended to install the latest video drivers for the latest games. However, sometimes the latest graphics driver can also be the root of the problem, and in such cases, it is better to revert to the older stable drivers. You must remember that the latest video drivers are not always better, and not one driver suits all graphics cards the same, so you should test all recent video drivers to find out which driver version works best for you.

2.Malware Infection [Viruses]
If your computer is infected with Viruses or any other malware then sometimes these malware does cause high CPU usage by continuously running in the background, even when you are doing nothing (sitting at idle). This can result in higher CPU usage in games, and you can face freeze during gameplay.

3.Background Services / Tasks
A whole lot of background services consume resources such as CPU and RAM and may cause freeze. So, it is better to turn off unnecessary background services

I hope it helps

Best Regards,

[LKW Tr.]xxTH3 B3STxx

1723058041_FORZACEO.png.1034e3f8a34530e8aa9478eff30dc0f0.png

TRUCKERSMP - CHINESE PLAYER

FORZA CEO l TH3 B3ST

Languages:Chinese | English

中文板块 | 游戏规则 | 中文帮助招聘 |

Chinese Discussion | Rules | HelpRecruitment |

需要某些帮助,还是找不到解决方案?在这里联系支持团队提交支持单  !

Hello there,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Kind Regards,
Rico
TruckersMP Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive