Possible fix: Kick for Unreliable Connection

butilka123

You got kicked for unreliable connection while connecting to a place with many players  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the same Problem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaay, its now open for discussion. What do you guys think?

I Personally would enjoy a combination of Option 1 and option 2. In a Non collision zone the rule would not trigger for example 2 min. Then even people with bad computer will have a chance to spawn everywhere. But this exception should only be made when you connect to an server or teleport somewhere. If you lose mid game the connection ull have still to restart the game.

Option 1 and Option 3 combines could also work. This would require more accurate programming and more work to do. I personally prefer option 1+2

EDIT:

I also forgot to say that if you leave the non-collision zone, the exception is not valid anymore as you leave. And that the Rule is only valid when you're log-in / teleport destination is in a non-collision zone.

11 hours ago, drew156 said:

ok so how do the def's fix the problem with unreliable connection  with so many members they cant not everyone's internet speed is the same 

Hi drew156,
This topic is about getting kicked while logging in or teleporting somewhere. If your internet is that bad that u get kicked mid road, i can't help you.

I guess u mean the case while connecting or teleporting. While you connect or teleport the game need to load much stuff. While this loading process its normal that the game freezes. While the game is frozen the ping goes up because your game is not responding, That's the main reason why you get kicked. With my solutions this problem should theoretically not happen anymore.

I hope u understand it now

ok so you want a way to reconnect to the server with out having to restart & log back in how would this work for players trying to login & join the servers if players are getting reconnected 

16 hours ago, drew156 said:

ok so you want a way to reconnect to the server with out having to restart & log back in

No,
Forget the word reconnect. The main reason why you get kicked is entering a place were many players are. This can be done by two ways: teleporting there or logging in there. By this way you mostly get kicked for unreliable connection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 hours ago, drew156 said:

how would this work for players trying to login & join the servers if players are getting reconnected 

If you read my post you will see this:

On 1/26/2020 at 3:09 PM, butilka123 said:

What ever trigger this message /kick -- make an exception:

Option 1: To not trigger in an No-Collision Zone. Note:  This Option can also be Modified with Option 2/3.
Option 2:  A little timer so you can load everything.
Option 3: To not trigger until the game from the user is FULLY synchronized.

There is a little help for spelling: [LINK]: https://languagetool.org/

Please read before you post.

ok so what is this option if not Unreliable Connection your talking about Unreliable Connection then your saying its not for that so what is it for  

On 2/20/2020 at 8:57 PM, drew156 said:

ok so what is this option if not Unreliable Connection your talking about Unreliable Connection then your saying its not for that so what is it for  

Hi drew,

First of all please use punctuation marks. It's hard for me understanding your sentences.

I will again try to explain everything in simple words for you.

Okay so I am talking about Unreliable Connection. You get many times kicked for the reason: "You got kicked for Unreliable Connection". The reason why you get kicked for that reason is because of high ping. When you are in the loading screen the game is making stuff. And if the game is making stuff the game naturally freezes for a short time. While you're game is freezed the game can't respond to the server. Because the server constantly requests your ping and your game is frozen, the ping goes up because the game is not responding. The ping is a value for the respond speed between game and server. (For others reading this: with game I mean client). If this Ping (respond speed) gets to high, the server kicks you because you would lag around.

To fix this problem my suggestion is to make a rule for the game that you can't get kicked when you are joining a game. The options I am talking about are only one way of many ways to fix the problem.

So this was my last explanation. If you still don't understand it I can't help you. I will also not answer anymore because everyone else seems to understand it except you. I also want to prevent trashing the topic with such things. 

I have said everything.

And sorry if my grammar is horrible. I wrote this on smartphone without grammar check.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This raises the question why someone would need to or would want to log into an highly populated area in the first place.
I believe that the areas in question and their surroundings are infamous and are already well known.

Let us not forget that every additional player that appears in an already crowded area will add to loading times and lag for himself and others. Therefore I understand the high ping kick as a protective measure.

The problem with the suggested timer (option 2) might be that different internet connection speeds and computer performances will need different times to load everything properly.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, Joao Rodrigues said:

This raises the question why someone would need to or would want to log into an highly populated area in the first place.
I believe that the areas in question and their surroundings are infamous and are already well known.

Let us not forget that every additional player that appears in an already crowded area will add to loading times and lag for himself and others. Therefore I understand the high ping kick as a protective measure.

Basically, I agree. But also normal cities, were its just busy, have the kick problem. With a bad PC you still get kicked in a normal busy city.

The problem with the suggested timer (option 2) might be that different internet connection speeds and computer performances will need different times to load everything properly.

I fully agree.

The Problem also occures when you had to F7 because someone rammed you and stuff like that. But its difficult to avoid accidents by 100%, especially when you have a topheavy freight. If you F7 then you still may get kicked for unrelieable connection. The more power your pc has the less you will have that issue, however I am playing on a lowspec gaming laptop from 2015 so I know that issue quite well. (No money for upgrade ? )

• Like 1

sticker.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is a common problem I have usually,

It only happens when you load in like 50 players in a city and because your game freezes and then the server thinks you have a bad internet connection then kick you for it.

You could be using NASA's internet and still be kicked for 'unreliable connection' because your game froze for too long while loading in players.

This problem definitely needs to be fixed.

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

Although this problem happens to me, but it no longer has to do with just an internet problem, I have too good an internet, but a pc that counteracts too much.

When I start the game in a place where there are too many players, it locks up, lowers the fps and kicks.

I would love a possibility where reconnection to the server can be done, where you have a certain time, so that you can find a safe place and when you are totally stopped, it can be done

ar la reconeccion

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The server kicks are both because of the PROBLEM of the NET and a good PC, I tell you because I was with a low one for a long time and this little problem happened even in areas where there were only 10 players; but now switch to another PC and I have an Ms of rank 220-320 and I enter Duisburg as if nothing, but it's necessary because it's something that's not to bother you, but frustrates being in every 5 minutes and kicking; but you also have to be realistic that if you know the capabilities of your PC and NET, you shouldn't be in collapsed areas or have a lot of stuff [many trucks-trailers-etc] in addition to the fact that according to me it would be better a "pre-warning" that you will be kicked from the server then gives an option not to enter that area, avoid it or do some other evasive action and avoid being always dating.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:09 PM, Moritaka said:

The server kicks are both because of the PROBLEM of the NET and a good PC, I tell you because I was with a low one for a long time and this little problem happened even in areas where there were only 10 players; but now switch to another PC and I have an Ms of rank 220-320 and I enter Duisburg as if nothing, but it's necessary because it's something that's not to bother you, but frustrates being in every 5 minutes and kicking; but you also have to be realistic that if you know the capabilities of your PC and NET, you shouldn't be in collapsed areas or have a lot of stuff [many trucks-trailers-etc] in addition to the fact that according to me it would be better a "pre-warning" that you will be kicked from the server then gives an option not to enter that area, avoid it or do some other evasive action and avoid being always dating.

Hello Moritaka,

In regards of your response I think you have a very good point about 'avoiding busy areas ect: 'Duisburg & Calais' because using a slow PC or laptop can cause a lot of problems in terms of lag, this can also effect players who drive behind players with low FPS and slow internet.

The other suggestion you pointed out with 'server giving an option not to enter that area' which is something I would love to see and Truckers MP needs, if there will be no reconnect button at all this will be the alternative, because you may get forced to teleport to a repair shop in a very busy city like 'Duisburg' for instance, if you get stuck on the road and your truck needs repairing while your currently doing a job that can be a serious problem for players who want to drive realistically.

There is another alternative however that I had to do quite a few times, whenever I get trapped in Duisburg because I had to teleport there because I was flipped over on the Calais/Duisburg road, when I get kicked I first drive out of the area and park on the side, after that I just simply log back in and don't get kicked, some players I have continuously see is they spawn on the road instead which is very unsafe to other players on the road.

• Like 1