Possible fix: Kick for Unreliable Connection

butilka123

You got kicked for unreliable connection while connecting to a place with many players  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the same Problem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 3/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, blabberbeak said:

This raises the question why someone would need to or would want to log into an highly populated area in the first place.
I believe that the areas in question and their surroundings are infamous and are already well known.

Let us not forget that every additional player that appears in an already crowded area will add to loading times and lag for himself and others. Therefore I understand the high ping kick as a protective measure.

The problem with the suggested timer (option 2) might be that different internet connection speeds and computer performances will need different times to load everything properly.

I personally have the core issue, that when ever I join, i mostly get kicked for unreliable connection, and that is no matter if I spawn in a high populated area or in the middle of nowhere.
My PC could be considered medium end, it was high end in 2016 but high end in 2021 is definetly something better than I have, but my PC is still able to handle ETS2 at highest graphical settings in areas with >50 players. Anything above 50 will make my game stutter and the FPS drop below 30.

This kick is very annoying, and since there isn't even an option to reconnect without having to let the game close and then start it again makes you take again time.

• 4 weeks later...

I think this function needs to be added because it is really troublesome to re-enter the game due to network connection errors. It needs to be loaded many times. I think we should develop an instruction that will try to connect automatically after entering, rather than quit the game and re-enter

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

• Woah! 1

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good idea. If you try to log in and you get kicked for unreliable connection, there should be an exception, and that's where the no-collision part comes in. Being in a no-collision area means that there's nothing you can to do bother or disturb other players, so whatever you do, you can't just ram into someone due to high ping. Also, let's say you've got your auto-save in the Calais service area...well, you'd basically have to just teleport to another garage and then reconnect to the server and then you'd have to teleport back to your Calais Garage..

• 2 weeks later...

Not triggering in a NCZ zone would definitely be a good option and also I think it should not let you join the server until your game has fully loaded instead of right after clicking on "Drive", and then with maybe a 5 second delay after that so terrain can load in, then it will connect you to the server. I think this is definitely a big problem for people with HDDs and/or people that have low end PCs (unfortunately I do myself) and TMP should do something about it already it's very annoying. Although they have added a feature where if you leave your profile it brings you back to the TMP login screen instead of crashing your game so that's nice to get back in quicker but it doesn't solve the problem obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, Tomassas LTU said:

Maybe you see the flaws in photos that cause me to get kicked for an unreliable connection?

1.PNG

2.PNG

The biggest problem is the HDD, I don't think it has anything to do with internet connection, or at least not much. The problem is that if your game takes too long to get past the loading screen and load the terrain up while connected to the server it kicks you, since it starts connecting you as soon as you click on "Drive".

• 4 weeks later...

2 years later and TMP is still not doing anything about this big problem, especially happens in congested cities, and can be a pain to get into event servers as well. Of course having an HDD instead of an SSD along with low end PCs in general doesn't help. Just a simple thing if you're in a non collision zone you can't get kicked for that how hard is that to implement? Not to mention this suggestion has a ton of views, replies, and upvotes over the past 2 years. Clearly many people want this because I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced this at least once. Maybe I should have asked about this on the Q&A.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 2:09 PM, butilka123 said:

Suggestion Name: 

Possible fix: Kick for Unreliable Connection

Suggestion Description:

Hello everyone,
since TruckersMP refuses to do a reconnect button I have another Solution. Me and every single of my Friends have the same problem: If we are trying to go to the mechanic or garage in a city were many players are you get kicked for unreliable connection. So i dare to argue that this problem has everyone. Problem: you can't spawn in cities with many players.

So the explanation is that you get kicked because you are having a to high ping while connecting. This is only a thesis but I'm pretty sure its like that. But anyways:

The solution:
What ever trigger this message /kick -- make an exception:

Option 1: To not trigger in an No-Collision Zone. Note:  This Option can also be Modified with Option 2/3.
Option 2:  A little timer so you can load everything.
Option 3: To not trigger until the game from the user is FULLY synchronized.

Note: When you are in a queue you also first load the map and then (if u are  queue 0) you sync to the multiplayer. (= connect with delay -- but you still get (sometimes) kicked because you have to load much at once)

I hope this problem is going to get fixed.

Any example images: 

Kick.jpg.7b3d68ea950a298e3a5a43c9b1f2c26b.jpg

Why should it be added?: 

This would make the gameplay much nicer and fix peoples problem

Their is a fix to this! When this happens you can simply pause the game(ESC Key) and then bottom right click the exit button which comes to the Launchpad click that then it does bring you back to the Login Screen for Truckermp so then you can simply log back in and this does let you auto connect back to the server! Regarding the timer it is in the game and that's called Ghost Mode which allows a time for you to load into the server. However this can be caused by your internet provider being slow which isn't a TMP issue. If your internet is slow then you could always spawn(can change location on single player then load onto TMP) into a less populated area and make sure people in the area are loaded in before moving from your location you have loaded into.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I have this problem everytime when i login and spawn in Calais, Rotterdam or such cities like duisburg..

Hope they fix it! 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:35 AM, Drift_Legend said:

Their is a fix to this! When this happens you can simply pause the game(ESC Key) and then bottom right click the exit button which comes to the Launchpad click that then it does bring you back to the Login Screen for Truckermp so then you can simply log back in and this does let you auto connect back to the server!

yes, of course.. I did this 10 times and I still couldn't connect to the server. And when I wrote what the problem is and what would be needed (it's a ping limit, as it was years ago) they simply threw my topic in the trash. there is no point in discussing it at all because they are simply incompetent.

• 4 weeks later...

Last three days I'm getting this problem too and I'm tired of this problem images showing I'm driving middle of the Iberia dlc not even 1 driver around and I still get kicked from the game !!!!!!!!!

Other games works perfectly like GTA V online Red dead Online and any others don't have any connection issue only truckersmp ? 

Euro-Truck-Simulator-2-Multiplayer-2022-

This is the from us server still get too high and why everybody pings steady not mine always changing what's the point ???

1.png

On 1/11/2022 at 3:23 AM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

The biggest problem is the HDD, I don't think it has anything to do with internet connection, or at least not much. The problem is that if your game takes too long to get past the loading screen and load the terrain up while connected to the server it kicks you, since it starts connecting you as soon as you click on "Drive".

I use a HDD and have no problems with disconnects, unless... the high laggers are in my vicinity.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, Николай_ said:

I have this problem everytime when i login and spawn in Calais, Rotterdam or such cities like duisburg..

Hope they fix it! 

That is to be expected.

Yes I feel the servers could have more better Internet connections due to there bandwidth dropping when alot of players are trying to connect to these servers at any peak times of the day and also giving others in the game with broken connections now the reconnection needs to be activated again when you get kicked. Also most people don't like this and have reported it to right teams to handle this report but I think TMP needs to try listen to there community and be there and try find ways to make things better for end user and maybe have an option for the system to work on similar peer to peer. 

Raise the patreon price and invest money on better servers like ie banks have with 100% secure peer to peer connection to game servers. 

• Like 1

gra3m388
TruckersMP Event Team

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand that some people get upset or get annoyed by the servers anti kick system that will remove somebody from the server if their ping is too high. however you have to consider both the person who has the issue and then somebody who is around that person who made encounter another issue because of the original issue which is the person who has the high ping. Here is a prime example. Let's say that you are traveling down the road and you are behind somebody who has a really high ping and they lag back or they desync really bad and they hit you and then you might hit somebody else or caused a disturbance. Now most of us would press the tab button and then look for the players name and report them but how do you act to report them if it's not really their fault. So now you're mad at somebody because they have caused you to wreck because of their desync or their High ping. However everybody is allowed to play on the game regardless of where you are in the world and that is something that comes with circumstances as well as consequences. So to help alleviate such issues if a user's ping becomes a certain numeral or higher the automatic kick system will kick in and remove that person from the server

• 2 months later...

***MAKE SURE YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE GAME ON YOUR FASTEST HARD DRIVE BEFORE TRYING THIS***

It's mainly your hard drive that is a little bit slow to load everything that quick since the online has some restriction on for how long it can load/high ping or something like that I guess(?)

I changed the game to my primary hard drive (fastest) from a kinda old and slow one,

after this change I loaded in instantly without any error message.

The hard drive I use and worked perfectly for me is "Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***IF YOU HAVE THE GAME ALREADY INSTALLED ON YOUR FASTEST HARD DRIVE TRY THIS***

I've had this problem occur almost every time I load in crowded places before I moved the game to my fastest hard drive.

The fix that works (at least for me) is that after you have launched the multiplayer game and you are on the main menu screen where you can hit the "Drive" button on the bottom left,

do not HIT it directly after your menu shows up, wait around 1 minute or more and let everything load BEFORE you hit "Drive" button to enter the game.

After you have done this and waited, it should now load in faster and without the error message.

If it doesn't work the first time, stay in the game until you get kicked out by the online message and WAIT til' it loads the area around you,

when you know everything is loaded in-game, do alt + f4 and redo everything as stated above and it might work the second time.

I wish you all good luck!

Or if neither doesn't work, sadly you have to use "Quick Travel" to a nearby location.

You can use this below to unlock the cities if you haven't already;

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

signature_pandadoc - Copy(1).png