How long is a Day in ETS2?

LeonPhilopt

Hello, i drove in a short time 1000 km. Maybe in a h. But I was not 1000 km/h fast because at the same time the length is also shorter. This mean in ETS2 Is a Time Dilatation with length contraction. Who know the technical data how this exactly works? BTW. Off Topic: Which Key is the Talk Button in the Multiplayer, i found only the Y-Button for Chat.

2 hours ago, Lukassrs said:

It's different where you are. 

For more information look here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35794

This is only valid for Singleplayer, MP has it's own time conversion rate, that is constant throughout the whole map, that's why everyone on the server has the same time in-game.
After checking it with a stopwatch, 1 in-game minute is 10 seconds long IRL, thus making the conversation rate 6 to 1 on the servers (ETS2). This means that 1 in-game hour is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes.

So 24 hours in-game is 240 minutes = 4 hours IRL. 

11 hours ago, buksee said:

This is only valid for Singleplayer, MP has it's own time conversion rate, that is constant throughout the whole map, that's why everyone on the server has the same time in-game.
After checking it with a stopwatch, 1 in-game minute is 10 seconds long IRL, thus making the conversation rate 6 to 1 on the servers (ETS2). This means that 1 in-game hour is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes.

So 24 hours in-game is 240 minutes = 4 hours IRL. 

True, that is exactly what I found out too in my thread "Realistic simulation time calculations":

In Multiplayer the time ratio seems to be 6 to 1, independent from our location (outside cities and cities have the same time ratio).
6 game time units correspond to 1 real time unit, e.g. 6 game time hours = 1 real time hour

And a Kilometer is only 100m long. Thats really a problem because  when at the autobahn is a traffic sign exit in 100m the navigation system think this 100m are a Kilometer. I guess it is not so easy ro create a good time dilatation with length contraction :) The speed (Km/h) seems to be realtime  and a km are a km and not only 100 meter. this mean just the navigation system  and night and day using wrong time and distance.

25 minutes ago, LeonPhilopt said:

And a Kilometer is only 100m long.

According to the ETS2 map scale discussion of 2013, there are 3 different map scales used:

• 19 to 1 in Europe, meaning 1 km in real life equals 19 km in game,
  • 15 to 1 in UK, meaning 1 km in real life equals 15 km in game and
  • 3 to 1 in Cities, meaning 1 km in real life equals 3 km in game.

If these numbers are true, I do not see how 1 kilometer can equal 100 meters. ?

Drive just 100m at the autobahn, you will see then that this is ca 1km on the navigation system. The speed is everytime real speed. But the map is only ca 300x300 km big.... Yes, you drive in the game a Kilometer and the navigation system say this kilometer are 19 km, this can be. the 10/1 was only my estimation.

this is really a big art to make such a map with such nice streets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For this reason, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived