Musings from an old bastard

OldAndSlow

First of all, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place on this most excellent administered forum (and I really mean that, stale posts gets moved, everything is...just managed...brilliant)

Second of all, this is going to be a long rant and a wall of text......... the admins will put me in my place, if not, the rest of you just have to deal with it! :)

Background:
I am 50 years old, and have been playing video games for a long time.

To all you grey-beards:

Sega, ZX81, ZX Spectrum, VIC 20...and the master of them all, C64.

I have always been a first-person-shooter-player, even before I knew it.

When Wolfenstein 3D got released back in the in the day I thought: "Yes, this is fekking made for me!!"

In all the years after that I have been through them all.

CoD, Doom, Quake, F.E.A.R, Deus-Ex, Fallout 4 (modded to the hilt), Haf-Life (all of them), System Shock, and countless others.

Then, a while back I got this pop-up on Steam with a sale on something called Euro Truck Simulator 2. I have never been a simulator player

(and yes, I played Flight Sim way back when Microsoft released it as their own, we are talking the 1980s here children).

But, I checked it out, downloaded Promods (of course, what an aw some thing that is....)

Anyway, it was dirt cheap, so I bought it, and a crap load of DLCs.....long story short:
I started with mouse and keyboard, now it is Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition with a Lenovo Android pad to run the most brilliant little app, SIM Dashboard.

And then things got worse, I became aware of TruckersMP. Was sceptical (viewed the videos from Tony747 and Darwen on YT, this is not for me..), but I registered a couple of days ago.

...I think I am hooked, what an absolutely magnificent community this is, with the cool guys and girls I meet on the road.

And the no-pay work that the creators of TruckersMP...and Promods, have layed down, I am amazed.

This is one of the best online adaptations of a game I have ever seen, if not maybe the best.

As I understand it, SCS, the Promods-crew and TruckersMP all talk together, and get things done....for free!

My heartfelt thanks to all You beautiful coders, managers, developers, community ninjas and Game Moderators in your Police-cars, who make all this happen!

- OldAndSlow
(You'll find me on PM1 if I am not working IRL, driving along at 80 km/h...or below :)

Hey there,

Happy to hear you have having a wonderful time here at Truckersmp. Im frequently on PM1 Server sometimes on EU1 server. Feel free to hit me up if you ever want to go for a drive. Im always around. 

4 minutes ago, OldAndSlow said:

You'll find me on PM1 if I am not working IRL, driving along at 80 km/h...or below :)

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Thank You very much!

I am pretty new to all this TruckerMP-stuff , and how to behave ..... pretty stressed to not screw up and get kicked because of some stupid crash...

I was part of a crew back in the Battlefield 2 days who kind of kicked everyone's asses so I am no stranger to online stuff.

You are signed on my "who to contact"-list  :)

-OAS

• 3 weeks later...

Archived