Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Advice for managing a strictly casual VTC

Soren_Revvy

Hello, I am a moderator and one of the convoy leaders for FoxPaw Logistics, the reason I am making this post is because I need some help. I'm going to preface this by saying that from day 01 FPL has always been a very casual space, the owner and I try to keep an atitude that "Life always comes first."

Back to what I need help with, I am just wondering for those of y'all that regularly play either ATS or ETS2, what exactly should VTC's offer to cater to a casual gamer? What sort of advice would you give to someone like me trying and to appeal to our drivers? Is it possibile that the atmosphere is TOO relaxed? 

FPL already has those guidelines in place for conduct in the discord and such, there isnt any pressure to join convoys or log jobs. In our discord there is a channel that is only accessible for convoy leaders and the owner that we use to advertise our planned convoys, everyone that plays w/ MP gets a role that we ping for these adverts. 

I'm just trying to figure out what I can do to get activity going again, it's a little disheartening ?

In Prime, which is one of the biggest and most active VTCs there is a 1,000 km limit, which I think is good. The drivers have to play ETS2/ATS but only for about an hour which is appealing. Prime Logistics also has a ranking system, the more you drive the higher the rank and you get custom rewards. Your best bet is to bring rewards to your drivers, and to make interactive events such as a race once a month on Arcade with a DLC prize, or the driver with the most km's at the end of the month gets a DLC, something simple that will bring motivation to drive and be active.

@me with any questions :)

5 hours ago, TFM_Flaming said:

In Prime, which is one of the biggest and most active VTCs there is a 1,000 km limit, which I think is good. The drivers have to play ETS2/ATS but only for about an hour which is appealing. Prime Logistics also has a ranking system, the more you drive the higher the rank and you get custom rewards. Your best bet is to bring rewards to your drivers, and to make interactive events such as a race once a month on Arcade with a DLC prize, or the driver with the most km's at the end of the month gets a DLC, something simple that will bring motivation to drive and be active.

@me with any questions 

Okay, that sounds like a decent place to start. Thank you :)

3 minutes ago, Space Night said:

1000km limit, I can do that in a single trip. 

Being a casual VTC,  you don't need limits, I'd be tempted to consider convoys on a quiet server, perhaps a few challenges for drivers to do, such as fuel economy challenges where the aim is to get as far as possible on a single tankful of fuel 

oooooo that's also an interesting idea as well! Thank you :)

On 1/18/2020 at 10:01 PM, Soren_Revvy said:

Hello, I am a moderator and one of the convoy leaders for FoxPaw Logistics, the reason I am making this post is because I need some help. I'm going to preface this by saying that from day 01 FPL has always been a very casual space, the owner and I try to keep an atitude that "Life always comes first."

Back to what I need help with, I am just wondering for those of y'all that regularly play either ATS or ETS2, what exactly should VTC's offer to cater to a casual gamer? What sort of advice would you give to someone like me trying and to appeal to our drivers? Is it possibile that the atmosphere is TOO relaxed? 

A company should have minimum 20.000km, even as a vtc should have the same. Thats also the point, to write more and more km and deliveries. Its not a poker competition, neither a ranged party where everyone is free to show himself once in a blue moon. Some rules must be taken from the real acting of a normal company, wothout that to put the players under stress. That about the km situation. About language and rest...as a truck driver, personally i dont respect nobody and for sure my language is really ranged to extreme levels when thats necessary, but well its a game as many here saying. That should be up to the owner's of the vtc decisions. There's no attitude. Either in real life, either in-game you are here to drive. If not, then they can go to watch cartoons or to play woth their dolls. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived