Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Game not saving

kycbo

Question

Hi!

I recently re-downloaded ETS2 and TruckersMP. Everytime I create a new profile, edit the keybinds and graphic settings (ANYTHING), nothing saves after I reset my PC and come back to the game. For example, I make my first profile, play a little bit, need to do something IRL so I turn off the PC. I come back and launch the game, only to be greeted with menu music which I disabled, and after I sign into my TruckersMP account OR just launch normal ETS2, I see the "choose your name and avatar" screen. 

This has never happened to me when I previously played ETS2 and TruckersMP 6 months ago. All I did then was uninstall.

I have noticed however, that when I launch ETS2 or TruckersMP a document folder with game data is being created in my C:// drive every time, even if I delete it, it reappears. 

I have a ETS2 document in my steamapps/common file, but also one in my (This PC>Documents). The one in steamapps file mostly containing DLC files, and the one in This PC>Documents containing normal game files.

Please I would appreciate any help I can get.

Just bought a wheel so I really want to be able to progress through the game!

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

I have the same problem, it comes and goes.(Its beginning to be a long time since it has happend though). But, what I do is:

Launch TMP, start ETS2. When at the TMP login screen, notice if the music is louder than what you set, if it is, close the game.

After the game has closed, launch TMP again and start ETS2.

If it tells you that the game is already running, press ok, and wait a few sec, then try again. Now it should've loaded everything correctly, and you should be good to go :) 

Now, everytime you get this problem, just repeat, and you should be good. 

I know, its not a permanent fix, but you can try to fully re-install MP this way (If you haven't done it this way already):

How to re-install TruckersMP

> Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
> Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
> Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
> Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
> Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Now, remember, when re-installing MP, install on the C drive (You'll get ALOT less problems this way)

I hope this helps :) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello,

If your auto save doesn't working properly for you then I'm suggesting manual saving. 

How to make manual save :

When you edit your binds and graphic settings, go play and park on safe place(services,garage..edc) and follow my steps
1. Press ESC on your keayboard to get on the start screen and than press Save & Load icon.gkMj9YB.png
2.Choose Save Game.UFhsym8.png

3. When you chose that just make New save and you should be fine! 

Thank you,
Lukavsky TMP

Languages : English,Bosnian,Croatian,Serbian,Slovenian
Rules || Let us know your Feedback || Appeal your Ban || Create Support Ticket || Report a Player
? Happy Trucking ?

Hi there, @kycbo

What folder you are deleting would be the game data folder that has your saves in it. When you're deleting it, your saved game play will be erased aswell, do not delete that because it will contribute to your game being saved! 

I hope this answers your question & issue. 

Regards,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Member since December 2018

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Dear @kycbo,

If you are using an antivirus, disable it and try save the game again. some antivirus programs can block ETS2 files. This problem has happened to me before.

Kind Regards,

Aborjin

TruckersMP - Player

Hello @kycbo,

Make sure none of the settings files in:

\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 are set to “read only”.

The one that I think might be causing the issue is “config.cfg”.

To fix this do the following:

>Right click “config.cfg” and hit “properties”.

>At the bottom, please ensure that “Read Only” is unchecked. If it is checked, then click it to uncheck it.

>Then click Apply/Ok.

Then launch ETS 2 and apply the settings you want to. Then save and quit the game. Finally launch the game up again to see if your settings have changed or not.

If they haven’t, then your problem is resolved, if not let us know here and we will do our best to assist you further.

Kind regards,

[Plasma] Sergey.

Alexander

VTC: Transport Tycoon Truckers

Languages: gb.gif.5c62d5debd940937df522ac34901ebed.gif ru.gif.68cf1993be948f9c891688d8cd4dbc09.gif fr.png.39d7e822481d949895d04ac94bd120f2.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Knowledge Base | StatusNews

Appeals | Reports

6 hours ago, [Plasma] Sergey said:

Hello @kycbo,

Make sure none of the settings files in:

\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 are set to “read only”.

The one that I think might be causing the issue is “config.cfg”.

To fix this do the following:

>Right click “config.cfg” and hit “properties”.

>At the bottom, please ensure that “Read Only” is unchecked. If it is checked, then click it to uncheck it.

>Then click Apply/Ok.

Then launch ETS 2 and apply the settings you want to. Then save and quit the game. Finally launch the game up again to see if your settings have changed or not.

If they haven’t, then your problem is resolved, if not let us know here and we will do our best to assist you further.

Kind regards,

[Plasma] Sergey.

Normal ETS2 is working now. But in order for TruckersMP to load my settings and everything properly I have to first launch ETS2, quit, then launch TruckersMP. I've checked all the files in the TruckersMP folder, and all unchecked for readme.

4 hours ago, Sabbi [GER] said:

Hello there!

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards
Sabbi [GER]
TruckersMP Support

Still trying to solve this issue, thanks!

Hello there,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Kind Regards,
Rico
TruckersMP Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive