can we post (for the sake of "simulation", American traffic laws for ATS?

carolinafrog

it seems like ... esp with convoys, that "everything just goes out the window" which completely disrupts the flow of any non-convoy related traffic, i know in some countries "turning traffic has the right of way" in others they may drive on different sides of the road, but.... here in the states, things like "slower traffic stays to the right", "thou shalt not make a u-turn across a median" and "turning traffic shall yield to thru traffic" "proper 3-4way stop sign usage" would really help reduce the problems that convoys and other driving issues cause ingame.  obviously its up to we the players to abide by rules not prescribed in the "TMP Rules", but it would highly improve the ingame atmosphere

one thing i am finding to be especially irritating is in Winnemucca NV on us95 where everyone turns north to go into oregon while avoiding california, when convoys come south on us95 out of OR, if they would simply continue south to the next left turn, they would simply pass under i80, make that left, then a 2nd left, then be on the highway without choking off the northbound drivers ability to make a safe right hand turn to go north on us95 because while they flood the intersection making their lefts, it leaves us no room to "buttonhook" that right hand turn to get onto us95NB without collisions

It's the same in ETS2, 90% players don't follow traffic rules, they either don't have a clue, or more likely, don't give a damn.

What are the chances of them to read some guide and wise up?

Most don't even learn from punishments, I don't know what else we can do, but get the worst of them banned enough times, so they get eventually banned permannetly. 

I am waiting for TMP's  next step in the "road to simulation" project.

On that Winnemucca problem, it's bady designed by SCS in the first place, hopefully it will get some revamp. In the meantime, take that alternate route through the town while going north to Oregon, all that left turning traffic will have to give way.

ultimately it would be up to you to drive safe if there is a convoy and they are not breaking the rules what would there be to report them for there are just alot of trucks yes sometimes the convoys do get hectic but if they are not breaking the rules it would be up to you to make sure that you are driving safe and not breaking the rules yourself to try to get away from them 

Schibi Logistics.png

On 1/17/2020 at 7:06 AM, Space Night said:

One idea could be a theory test. In order to play, players must pass a simple test when they set up an account 

That would be near impossible because you would have to translate it to every single language which isn't possible, so select people can't play the game. If the test was driving it would be impossible to have a staff team large enough to test 2 million people. Also it is like IRL, you take a driving test and you pass it, but do you really do 35 mph in a 35 mph zone or do you go 40 mph? People know what they are suppose to do but don't do it because they know they can get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. If you notice people who break the traffic rules, report it where necessary. And they will be punished.

Regards.

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For this reason, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived