What wheel set ups does everyone use?

hctiM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many others, I use the Logitech G29! I preferred the G29 over the G920, as it has more buttons, and looks better, in my opinion.

The wheel itself it amazing, I've never had a problem with it (knock on wood), and it's built better than I expected. The pedals are sturdy, and each pedal is spaced comfortably apart from the other— which was a concern of mine before purchasing. 

It's a hefty price, but definitely worth it, if you play the game multiple times a week. It can also be used on many other racing / driving games, if you're interested in that.

ioJopO8.jpg

I went for the G920, as I have an Xbox 1 and felt that it would be appropriate to go for something that would be compatible across all hardware I had. It also means my brother can test the wheel on his own console if he ever wanted to.

In addition, I have the Logitech Shifter with a Scania 12+2 SKRS head on it, meaning I can have 24 gears and shift manually.

kodLBpB.png

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

My first wheel was a Logitech MOMO Racing which I bought used for 20€, it only had about 150° Steering, 6 buttons, interestingly also force feedback and a sequential shifter.

Then I bought myself a Logitech Driving Force GT which I found STILL BOXED AND UNUSED FOR 20€, the deal of the century! 900° and force feedback and it has just as many buttons as a G29 including the red dial, which is a GODSEND, if you assign it to dial up and down your Cruise Control. If you don't have G29 money or don't want to spend that much and can live without manual, get the Driving Force GT!

Then I wanted something with a Stick so I can learn shifting dynamics for driving school while it was closed because of the pandemic, so I got myself a Logitech G27 and I am still using this one to this day. And believe it or not, practicing how to shift with that thing actually helped!

spacer.png

I also want to say: if you are reading this and don't have a wheel and cannot afford spending a fortune on one, believe me even a cheap 10-50€ wheel on the used market can bring a lot of fun into the game

I use the Logitech G27; however, I only have the one desk and most of the time I can't be bothered setting it up #KeyboardWarrior. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

i have a Logitech G920 + Shifter and the Saitek Sidepanel.

I love this setup :)

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am using the Logitech G29 with H-Shifter, it does the job and I personally feel like it is more than enough for this game. 

Since, we're talking about wheels here ... Does anyone face a problem where your wheel randomly re-calibrates on its own? I am facing this issue for a while now, cannot seem to find a solution. 

gsSGXpp.jpg

Archived