What wheel set ups does everyone use?

hctiM

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a classic g27 with pedals, shifter and a tobi eye so i can look around whilst driving

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

I use a G29 and a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter.

Just wondering what most of you do about range and splitter on your shifters? I used a few spare buttons I had laying around and a USB encoder and fixed the buttons to a nice leather shift knob I got on amazon. Also makes it easy to swap back to a normal shift knob when I want to play a racing sim

I've used a G27 for 5 years and I've recently upgraded to a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition + Thrustmaster TH8A shifter.

Even though I used to think the G27 was one of the best wheels out there, the difference between it and the T300 is night and day :D

If you've had a G27/29 for a while and you're looking for an upgrade, this is definitely the right choice :) 

As for now I have G29 with G27 used as shifter adapter. All though the shifter will work fine with G29, I would lose 12 additional buttons, which could be assigned in-game, such as: Range switch, beacons, since the G29 won't recognize anything other than the shifter itself.  

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I’ve had my Logitech G29 + H-Shifter for over 2 years and both are still working perfectly. I always used to use my shifter with simple automatic, but recently started using manual. 

I also use TrackHat for head tracking which i’ve been using for just over 6 months and now wouldn’t be able to go without it.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

• 2 weeks later...

I use the G29 because it has a lot of buttons so you can easily reach everything you need, like parking brake, lights, horns, engine toggle, trailer, indicators, shift toggle and even a d-pad for looking around. However one big issue I'm having which G27 does better is the G29 not having any buttons on the shifter, which means that all your buttons are on the wheel and if you want to toggle gears while going around a corner it's all upside down and mirrored so it requires a bit of fiddling.

To be perfectly honest I think using G29 plus a xbox controller on the side for some rudimentary fixed actions is the best solution (or getting a shifter that has a toggle switch).

Archived