Thoughts on the Physics mod that is optional with the snow mod.

Beenz.

49 minutes ago, Beenz. said:

But in real life is every inch of road like ice?

I think you are wrong about this. If i speak for trucks, highways are more stable than small roads. Also if you go northern regions, like scandinavia or finland, it feels like roads are more slippery, but I am not sure about the north thing is true or not. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, [VIVA]Henry Tudor said:

I think you are wrong about this. If i speak for trucks, highways are more stable than small roads. Also if you go northern regions, like scandinavia or finland, it feels like roads are more slippery, but I am not sure about the north thing is true or not. 

Well, it depends if the roads are maintained I would think. But with physics is feels like they don't take it into consideration. But I'm not 100% sure as I don't user it just from what I see. I feel the spinning out is fine it's just how you have no control to stop or to stop from spinning. When you start spinning it's like spinning on a lake that is full of ice. That's my main issue. 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

I have to admit I don't have any issues with the winter mod and physics... Why's this? Because I plan ahead when I'm driving, I slow down with enough time to gentle come to a compeltely stop. Harsh braking and late braking will mostly result in your truck sliding. Another bit of advice is think about your roads, if they're slightly twisty, maybe it's worth going a little bit slower than the suggested speed limit. People would rather you drive safely even if it means going slightly slower if it means a higher quality driver! Just remember to take your time and plan ahead. ?

9 minutes ago, Fezz98 said:

I have to admit I don't have any issues with the winter mod and physics... Why's this? Because I plan ahead when I'm driving, I slow down with enough time to gentle come to a compeltely stop. Harsh braking and late braking will mostly result in your truck sliding. Another bit of advice is think about your roads, if they're slightly twisty, maybe it's worth going a little bit slower than the suggested speed limit. People would rather you drive safely even if it means going slightly slower if it means a higher quality driver! Just remember to take your time and plan ahead. ?

I can see that I just don't bother risking it because if I make 1 mistake and slide into someone then I have high chances of being banned and I rather not ruin my clean record 

6 hours ago, Beenz. said:

I can see that I just don't bother risking it because if I make 1 mistake and slide into someone then I have high chances of being banned and I rather not ruin my clean record 

It's good that you have taken matter in your accounts and done what you feel the responsible thing to do is!

On 1/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, Beenz. said:

I don't use the mod. I think it would be much easier on everybody to only be able to use it on arcade server.

So, you're telling me winter doesn't exist in reallife?
Also, we all know that not full europe has snow roads, but you have it in the eastern and northern regions. - Also, its every year a chance that a cold winter may begin, where it snows everywhere.

2 hours ago, poland.ball said:

So, you're telling me winter doesn't exist in reallife?
Also, we all know that not full europe has snow roads, but you have it in the eastern and northern regions. - Also, its every year a chance that a cold winter may begin, where it snows everywhere.

I'm taking about the physics mod not the part of the mod that puts the snow on the ground. Obviously it snows in real life but in real life is every inch of road ice and when you spin out do you go 200 mph while spinning and when you hit a snow bank do you continue going? I'm not talking about the frosty mod in general I'm talking about the physics part of it. 

1 hour ago, poland.ball said:

Ok so you can seperate inreallife physics and winter? - No, honestly if you don't like the winter physics you're welcome to turn them off or go to Arcade server, like you suggested.

Well, 1. I already have them turned off as I mention a lot on this thread. I'm not here for an argument but to know peoples opinions. So in my last comment if I sounded rude or tried to argue I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying in real life when you lose control you don't spin at high rate of speeds at least I never heard of that happening and when hitting a snow bank you usually end up stopping and not continue to spin out of control. Also I made my point clear that I do not like the physics mod but I do like the snow mod in general. I hope I didn't disturb you. Also I never tried to separate real life physics and snow. I also know that winter exists. In both your comments you replied what to me seems hostile when all I'm doing is asking for opinions. But in the end we all have are own opinions and I appreciate your opinion. 

1 hour ago, Reaper9518 said:

My take on this is that MOD is really realistic for a realistic Simulation game. Plus if this is a problem for you, just don't use the MOD or walk carefully as this is what really happens on the icy roads out there.

Ya I can see that, but I disagree with the icy roads out there I understand maybe having it icy on some roads maybe like back roads or smaller roads but on major highways I feel like it would be maintained to a point where you don't go flying everywhere. I also want to point out that when you do spin out lets say you hit a guard rail or a snow bank usually you would stop maybe go a bit into the snow bank but with the physics mod it's like you continue to go until you hit a wall or stuff like that. That's why I don't like the physics. I also choose not to use it because I feel if I slam on the breaks to hard or maybe take a corner going a bit to fast I'll slide and have the chance of being banned which I rather avoid.

The winter mod this year doesn't seem as intense as last year's. Braking is still hard and steering is hard at high speeds but you can't drift as much for some reason. I don't think it should be banned because I notice some people do drive slower and it makes for funny crashes sometimes and that's what ets2mp is about now. In non congested but decent populated areas like middle of germany most people drive alright.

2 hours ago, Beenz. said:

Ya I can see that, but I disagree with the icy roads out there I understand maybe having it icy on some roads maybe like back roads or smaller roads but on major highways I feel like it would be maintained to a point where you don't go flying everywhere. I also want to point out that when you do spin out lets say you hit a guard rail or a snow bank usually you would stop maybe go a bit into the snow bank but with the physics mod it's like you continue to go until you hit a wall or stuff like that. That's why I don't like the physics. I also choose not to use it because I feel if I slam on the breaks to hard or maybe take a corner going a bit to fast I'll slide and have the chance of being banned which I rather avoid.

I agree that on the highways I think I shouldn't have this Ice MOD deployment but on the secondary roads as you have said I don't use physics MOD either because I want to avoid any kind of problems.  :) 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, Beenz. said:

But in real life is every inch of road like ice? In Europe not every road will be like ice.

No offense but you're exaggerating. Next time take snow plow. :)

1 minute ago, FullM00n said:

No offense but you're exaggerating. Next time take snowplough.

Ahh you right I should've put the snowplow attachment on my truck I'll make sure to do that. Oh and have the thing that sprays salt everywhere so others to go flying.

This year winter mod is totally unrealistic and I'm sorry to say that but It's the worst winter mod I ever played on ETS/ETS 2.

I play on ETS 2 MP since May 2014 and this year winter mod physics is a big disappointment for me (not only me, a lot of veteran players will told same) 

You can't even countersteer drift because you will spin 2-3 times xD Thats realistic? 

All map is like driving on ice, no matter you drive in Russia or Italy. 

If you catch the grass you will be spinning forever faster and faster (my record 290 km/h) untill you hit something.

Braking with trailer is another joke. After a little brake you start accelerate and the trailer is still faster than you and you can't do anything about that. (No newbies, thats not realistic and that NEVER happens in real life) 

Not in that scale there is actually on this winter mod. 

Why you can't add last year winter mod ? It was 1000x times better than this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been over 14 days since the last reply.

For this reason, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,

Chev

Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

• Chev locked this topic

Archived