Thoughts on the Physics mod that is optional with the snow mod.

Beenz.

Hi everybody,

I want to know your thoughts on the Physics mod. I personally think it should be banned from ETS2 permanently, or usable only on the arcade server until they fix it. I think the snowmod is broken if you lose control a lot of the times you have no way to recover because you're spinning at 400mph off into the sunset. I think this is super unrealistic and ruins the experience of not only the driver but other users in the vicinity. Overall I think it's a good add-on but at the moment it's broken in my opinion. My friend isn't going fast taps the breaks and loses control and goes spinning out of control without any chance of recovery. But I would like to know your perspectives on the mod. 

Here is just 1 clip of what I'm talking about: 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Well my issue is the fact that you spin out of control going gods speed with no chance of recovering even if driving carefully. I don't run it but if I were to I don't think it's realistic to drive 10mph every where just not to spin out of control with no chance of recovering to me that's not realistic. I like the part of having to drive carefully due to it but the fact that if you spin out like that makes no sense to me

The winter mod was always sketchy with the physics add-on, but this year it's even worse. Have tried it, first on arcade at extreme conditions (like at high speeds, in tight curves and emergency braking), then made a few "live" runs on less populated parts of Sim1. It is perfectly fine during emergency braking, but only if you are going completely straight. But, as soon as you turn the wheel even a little bit, the wheels lock up, make you jack-knife in a split second and sends you into Narnia.

So I decided not to use it, just like last year.

And on the note that the physics should be banned or not: obviously not.

And here's why:
1. It is 100% optional, and it's the players choice to use it or not.

2. If a player uses it, and gets into a wreck, they were the one who took the risk of getting the physics add-on, so they have to accept the consequences (aka: a ban, 100% damage, or even both).

As Prime mentioned in the Official Forum Post:

"Note: All rules need to be respected, even if you have the winter mod activated. If you are found breaking the rules (even when certain offences are caused due to winter effects) the case will be reviewed in the same way as when the winter mod isn't applied. Please refer to our rules for more information."

2 minutes ago, buksee said:

The winter mod was always sketchy with the physics add-on, but this year it's even worse. Have tried it, first on arcade at extreme conditions (like at high speeds, in tight curves and emergency braking), then made a few "live" runs on less populated parts of Sim1. It is perfectly fine during emergency braking, but only if you are going completely straight. But, as soon as you turn the wheel even a little bit, the wheels lock up, make you jack-knife in a split second and sends you into Narnia.

So I decided not to use it, just like last year.

And on the note that the physics should be banned or not: obviously not.

And here's why:
1. It is 100% optional, and it's the players choice to use it or not.

2. If a player uses it, and gets into a wreck, they were the one who took the risk of getting the physics add-on, so they have to accept the consequences (aka: a ban, 100% damage, or even both).

As Prime mentioned in the Official Forum Post:

"Note: All rules need to be respected, even if you have the winter mod activated. If you are found breaking the rules (even when certain offences are caused due to winter effects) the case will be reviewed in the same way as when the winter mod isn't applied. Please refer to our rules for more information."

Ya,  I don't think I mentioned it I think it shouldn't be banned banned but only allowed on arcade .

I feel the Winter Mod is definitely a good and challenging addition to the game. It's very easy to not "drift" if you follow the speed limits and you slow down around corners. In the clip in the OP post, you can see it's in ProMods as well so the physics are probably flipping out. 

At the end of the day, if you cause an incident with the winter mod - you can not use the excuse of that is was due to "winter mod" as said in the official forum post. 

yo

8 minutes ago, Μatt said:

I feel the Winter Mod is definitely a good and challenging addition to the game. It's very easy to not "drift" if you follow the speed limits and you slow down around corners. In the clip in the OP post, you can see it's in ProMods as well so the physics are probably flipping out. 

At the end of the day, if you cause an incident with the winter mod - you can not use the excuse of that is was due to "winter mod" as said in the official forum post. 

HI actually found that out today. I have another clip of this issue where we were following speed and it happened and we weren't in Iceland. My main issue isn't the drifting out of control it's the fact that when you do you have little to no chance to recover sometimes and just spin out of control. But at the end of the day if you cause an accident you are held responsible 

Here is another clip: 

Well yes but is there ice on every inch of road and do you spin going that fast and that far. Maybe I don't know but I feel that it's unrealistic in my opinion with the how fast you spin the fact that you have no control through out to stop it. I'm not trying to argue I just want to know peoples opinions I said mine and I'm happy to see everybody else's. I think it's a great add-on but for me it's just too crazy with how the losing control works.

All I can say, I did use the full Frosty mod, with Heavy winter and physics and only once my truck went spinning... Because some other player hit it. The way I drive in the game, the only difference I saw was that the braking distance was longer and that I had to take turns slower than usual, but here's my trick: Keep always the highest possible gear (lowest RPM), don't slam the brakes and don't set them at max (I have them at 0.8 instead of 3.0), use the wheel gently and... Don't even try if you're using keyboard for steering.

14 minutes ago, [ÖZ DOSTLAR] ONAT - 24 said:

As the physics mod is optional, there is no need to restrict its use. If someone use it, they basically accept the consequences. 

Ya, I feel it would be easier on everybody if it's only usable on Arcade server 

Can't see the first clip anymore, but there are some slippery roads in promod's Iceland. Add frosty winter physics addon on top of that and you may have a problem.

I'm not using the physics addon anymore, because it was only causing me to be even more vulnerable to brainless drivers. Last year it took me quite some time to adjust back to regular conditions after the winter mod has been disabled.

Personally, I've never had this happened to me on it's own, only if someone hit me. I think the problem with this physics addon is, that every surface has the same level of slipperiness, not just road, there is absence of any deeper snow where you would get stopped and possibly stuck, even hitting safety barriers at an angle is not going to stop you, becauce collisions are not simulated - nothing is destructible , so you bounce of off them like pinball, with no enrgy loss.

One more thing - tampering with trailer weight, like making it zero, and driving empty, you are just asking for this.

7 hours ago, Granite said:

Can't see the first clip anymore, but there are some slippery roads in promod's Iceland. Add frosty winter physics addon on top of that and you may have a problem.

I'm not using the physics addon anymore, because it was only causing me to be even more vulnerable to brainless drivers. Last year it took me quite some time to adjust back to regular conditions after the winter mod has been disabled.

Personally, I've never had this happened to me on it's own, only if someone hit me. I think the problem with this physics addon is, that every surface has the same level of slipperiness, not just road, there is absence of any deeper snow where you would get stopped and possibly stuck, even hitting safety barriers at an angle is not going to stop you, becauce collisions are not simulated - nothing is destructible , so you bounce of off them like pinball, with no enrgy loss.

One more thing - tampering with trailer weight, like making it zero, and driving empty, you are just asking for this.

Ya I don't know why but the first clip randomly got deleted. I agree the fact that every surface is like ice I understand the meaning but no way every road you take is just ice and then when you lose control it feels like you just have to sit there and F7.

The mod is realistic enough. What I dont understand is people using this as an excuse when colliding with other players. If anyone doesn't have enough skill with the winter mod, they're allowed to play without the physics mod and still enjoy the winter textures.
IRL if you hit someone, no matter if its snow or so, you have to pay the damage and etc. Since TruckersMP is Simulation  I think moderation is the same with/without winter physics.

18 minutes ago, poland.ball said:

The mod is realistic enough. What I dont understand is people using this as an excuse when colliding with other players. If anyone doesn't have enough skill with the winter mod, they're allowed to play without the physics mod and still enjoy the winter textures.
IRL if you hit someone, no matter if its snow or so, you have to pay the damage and etc. Since TruckersMP is Simulation  I think moderation is the same with/without winter physics.

Hence why I would want it restricted to only the Arcade server.

@Beenz. - Why, because you or some others are incapable of driving without issue?  While there are definitely some bugs with the physics mod, a lot of us seem to be perfectly capable of driving without causing accidents.  Not to mention that using the mod is optional and if a player can't drive without crashing they'll quickly be banned for it.  

38 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@Beenz. - Why, because you or some others are incapable of driving without issue?  While there are definitely some bugs with the physics mod, a lot of us seem to be perfectly capable of driving without causing accidents.  Not to mention that using the mod is optional and if a player can't drive without crashing they'll quickly be banned for it.  

I don't use the mod. I think it would be much easier on everybody to only be able to use it on arcade server.

In my opinion, the mod is OK (not great, not terrible). I mean, it's a nice challenge because sometimes you'll need to change your driving type, maybe more cautious and/or slower. You don't know what could happen because now the road is frosty xD. This would work nice in C-D (trucks driving at better speeds like between 60 - 80 km/h) but some players don't give a... and drive at 110 km/h like nothing happened and then well, you know the end of the story. On the other hand, the physics are OK too, but I think that they need a little re-adjust. Anyways it's optional and I personally deactivated it. I like it but in simulation 1 everything can happen. Going 80 km/h and magically loose control of your truck hitting another on the other lane and you'll have a new report. In that case I would appeal with my video of the situation, because: if I was driving at the speed limit and had an accident because a bug of the physics (loosing control at 75 / 80 km/h), I think that I don't deserve any ban because it wasn't my intention to loose control and hit the other player (and driving respecting the rules).

if you use the physics mod then you should adopt your speed at all times. try not to drive to fast cuz obviously you will lose control of your truck, and if you cause a accident with it you can even be banned for it.

Your speed should be as low as possible absolutely in tight bends. so if you are inexperienced with driving on really slippery roads i would recommend to turn off physics mods that saves you from getting in trouble.    

1 hour ago, [E.F] Landrover said:

I think the mode is good because it's so realistic

I think it's realistic but not realistic, the mod makes it to where every inch of road of ice. This is my opinion.

22 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

if you use the physics mod then you should adopt your speed at all times. try not to drive to fast cuz obviously you will lose control of your truck, and if you cause a accident with it you can even be banned for it.

Your speed should be as low as possible absolutely in tight bends. so if you are inexperienced with driving on really slippery roads i would recommend to turn off physics mods that saves you from getting in trouble.    

Oh I know that I don't bother using it save me some hassle. 

5 hours ago, [VIVA]Henry Tudor said:

In real life, if you loose control, you could be injured or dead. In my opinion the mod is perfect. People must be aware of driving on frosty road. 

Well, yes if you crash your can die or be injured. But in real life is every inch of road like ice? In Europe not every road will be like ice. This is my opinion.

Archived