Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Slippery road surface fix

alexlewis2

Hello TMP Community!

I have a 'fix' or a workaround for the slippery surface problem.

Sometimes, when using Frosty's Winter Mod, when you accelerate at low gears (especially going uphill) if you have all truck axles down (on the road), your truck will slip and not accelerate well. 

In order to get around this, I recommend using the 6x4 taglift and if you are slipping, lift up the back axle and you will no longer slip! I'm not sure whether this works for other chassis as well, but I'll try others out.

Hope this helps someone!

[Plasma] Sergey.

Alexander

VTC: Transport Tycoon Truckers

Languages: gb.gif.5c62d5debd940937df522ac34901ebed.gif ru.gif.68cf1993be948f9c891688d8cd4dbc09.gif fr.png.39d7e822481d949895d04ac94bd120f2.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Knowledge Base | StatusNews

Appeals | Reports

Lifting the axle would increase the load on driven axle, gaining more traction, however I would't recommend trying to accelerate with tag axle lifted while hauling anything above maybe 8 tons.

Because of the position of fifth wheel, front axle can lose contact with ground, morever you will not be able to lift tag axle above certain loads, you will just get message, that the trailer is too heavy.

I have better fix, delete the file "frosty_physics_7_3.scs"  from mod folder, just enjoy the snow, trying to make out the road markings is enough of a challenge for me.

Epecially ATS version is weird, I could't stop the damn truck from 20Mph at reasonable distance, the wheels keep spinning, not slipping,  it's like artificially decreasing braking power, I kept overshooting every trraffic light, quickly uninstalled.

I get ur point but it is even possible for the front wheels to come off the ground in ETS 2/ATS? 
I dunno it was just a suggestion 

Alexander

VTC: Transport Tycoon Truckers

Languages: gb.gif.5c62d5debd940937df522ac34901ebed.gif ru.gif.68cf1993be948f9c891688d8cd4dbc09.gif fr.png.39d7e822481d949895d04ac94bd120f2.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Knowledge Base | StatusNews

Appeals | Reports

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chev locked this topic

Archived