Vsync Problem in MP while on Desktop

phk98

Question

Hello Community.
I got a problem with my Vsync, but it's quite difficult to explain.

My GPU load goes up to 100% immediately when i go on Desktop while ets2 is running.
Like the Vsync doenst work when its running in background.
But only in TruckersMP, not in Singleplayer.....

If im launching ETS2 as Singleplayer, all is fine.
The Vsync keeps the locked  fps ingame and also when i tab out to desktop.
Without Vsync my PC goes crazy because of my all Ultra settings and my Power Target 100%, but with vsync no problem.
On task manager  it says 37% GPU load Ingame and the same 37% GPU load if im on desktop (alt + tab) with ETS2 running in background.

But:
If im launching ETS2 as MP from Truckersmp, my Vsync totally breaks down as soon as i tab out (alt + tab) to desktop.
My ingame fps are great, 60 fps locked, all good. 
But if i tab out of it to browse something or change music, it seems like the vsync doenst work
On task manager -> Power tab it says 37% GPU load Ingame, but on desktop with game in background running its always 100%. Instantly 100% as i switch over to desktop. 

Its loading my GPU that much that im hearing this coil whine...
I could just set down my Power Target in my GPU tool, but thats not how it should be ....

6 answers to this question

I did a work around via Nvidia settings, 3d settings -> Programsettings -> where i activated vsync for Program ETS2.exe

Only the login screen of TruckersMP and the time until im connected are'nt vsync supported in background ETS (alt + tab).
From the point on where you connected and are out of queue, the vsync grips in to background screen ETS (alt+tab),
and the gpu load goes down from 100% to about 40% (ETS in background [alt + tab] )

If someone knows a better fix for these vsync problems please tell me :)

You could try to force an FPS limit. I use the RivaTuner statistics server for that, which comes with MSI Afterburner.

If you have Afterburner go to settings and click the On-Screen Display tab and click the More button. There you have to add eurotrucks2.exe to the list and then you can set the maximum allowed FPS.

As you want to use vsync, set it slightly above your refresh rate.

There can be a delay before the FPS limiter kicks in, so give it some time if you still hear the coil whine.

• Thanks 1

Heyhey, sorry for not answering?
It didnt helped :(
I also checked everything for ets2.exe on Nvidia Inspector, but all settings seemed okay....

Still same problems with this delay

On 1/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, phk98 said:

Only the login screen of TruckersMP and the time until im connected are'nt vsync supported in background ETS (alt + tab).
From the point on where you connected and are out of queue, the vsync grips in to background screen ETS (alt+tab),
and the gpu load goes down from 100% to about 40% (ETS in background [alt + tab] )

It also kicks in again when i get afk kicked. instantly gpu load 100 of ets2 when alt+tab'ed out.

i think thats that delay you talked about @Haulvoc^^

On 1/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Haulvoc said:

There can be a delay before the FPS limiter kicks in, so give it some time if you still hear the coil whine.

after im out of the queue for joining Simulation 1 ,my gpu load sinks down to 40%-50% and the coil whine goes off^^
seems to be a normal thing with that delay??

The easiest solution for me is to just not press Alt+Tab when im not fully connected online.
But there has to be a fix for this...

Hello there, 

As this topic has not received a reply in over three days, we will have to move it to Inactive Topics.  

If you wish to enquire further, feel free to send a private message to myself or any other Support Team member who will be able to open your Topic for further replies.  

Kind Regards, 

Jamie R 

TruckersMP Support Team. 

//Locked and moved to Inactive Topics.