Pi**sed off

Josh115

Hi,

I downloaded last week ProMods. I’m impressed! It’s awesome. I really like driving tight Roads and routes. That why I decided to go to Kirkenes.

I drove this road a few times without any “problems”. You just need to be patience and not selfish.

Most people stop for other which is actually great too see. 
But yesterday I got so pi**ed off that I immediately exit the game after waiting 1,5 hours in a traffic jam and only driving an kilometre (I will explain further later)

I’m fine with only driving an kilometre and waiting 1,5 hours in a traffic jam, I’m just angry about the people who think that they are the best drivers.

I’m really patience. When somebody is stuck in front of me (which happens quite often there) I will wait and will make some space if necessary! (Because this person could also be me)

I won’t be honking or typing: “idiot” , “learn too drive and go back to mummy” , or “just press ALT + F4” or “F7 you idiot”.

It won’t make it faster! It will make the person, who is stuck, more nervous!
I really really don’t understand why people do this??? Can please somebody explain me why?
The best part is when these people who type this kinda stuff get stuck themselves. 

Now here is why I was pi**ed off:

I was coming from the company “Stein”. I wanted to take the curve onto the second bridge. Unfortunately I took the wrong angle and got stuck.

So I tried to stay cool and to reverse to correct my angle. I was completely stuck and locked up! There was also a big traffic jam ahead so I had time.

After only 30 seconds people where spamming that I should just F7 / ALT F4 /don’t know how to drive /  go back to mummy etc. 
Normally I don’t care about those people but in this situation I was so stressed and pi**ed off by them that I just quit.

My question to you: 

How do you handle such situations? 

(Again I’ m not complaining about other peoples driving style or the long waiting time. I’m complaining about the sloppy tone in the chat.

I wish that there would be more Admins who would kick people for sloppy tone (I know that they already have enough things to do))

I understand some of your concerns.

For instance I have been in multiple traffic jams in-game which was due to having too many players or traffic accidents. I do get annoyed myself when people keep constantly honking their horn and swearing up the wazoo because they can't move. I think some players like to rush things which is why they go fast in the first place, inappropriately overtake and honk in-front of them since they don't want to waste times.

I personally handle the situations in a quiet manner if possible. I don't honk, I don't swear (unless they are trying to overtake me to cut the line in a traffic jam) and I follow the road rules like the traffic lights. I would ideally just do missions to cities that aren't gonna be congested with traffic that often. I like to use the Server Map to keep an eye on traffic and area myself too.

Game moderators and admins do try their best to sort out the problem, but let me remind you that the servers are pretty busy most of the time, not every mod and admin is on all the time and the amount of reports can get pilled-up quickly and may not be looked out since it may time-out. I personally record my view on OBS in case of anyone breaking the rules.

I hope this has been helpful and keep trucking! ?

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I don’t understand why people are trying to rush. Especially during an Traffic Jam. After they overtake me they will be stuck again. They will only save a little time but also waste others people at the same time because they usually only make it worst.

I also usually drive with the server map. But the Kirkenes road is only one way so it doesn’t really help. 

I also handle those situation like you do. I don’t swear or discuss with them. But sometimes I’m just to stressed that I give up.

And I use Windows DVR to record. You can setup a shortcut that it only saves the last 30 seconds.

Hey there,

I really really don’t understand why people do this??? Can please somebody explain me why?

Likely due to impatience. If you don't move within nanoseconds, then you're a bad driver and wasting their valuable time and game experience. 

The best part is when these people who type this kinda stuff get stuck themselves. 

That's the funny part.

After only 30 seconds people where spamming that I should just F7 / ALT F4 /don’t know how to drive /  go back to mummy etc. 
Normally I don’t care about those people but in this situation I was so stressed and pi**ed off by them that I just quit.

Here's the issue. Other people's comment make you angry which therefore makes the situation even worse. The best thing you could do is to ignore them and do your own thing. Don't let bad comments influence you in any way. You see that comment? Fine, just laugh and ignore it. I can guarantee you that IRL is far worse than what you see in the game. 

How do you handle such situations? 

I handle such situations by not driving on that road or only when it's somewhat empty. If you see people telling you to quit the game or how bad of a driver you are for getting stuck, simply ignore it and try to get out of that situation. Don't overreact and most importantly, stay calm. You'll always encounter angry and aggressive people both in-game and IRL and the least you should do is to give them any attention. Hit that F9 button and ignore everything else.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Hello, 

Personally know what it is like to do that road having tried it on the US server, luckily the drivers behind me were understanding.

If you can, record your gameplay.  

If I know an area is likely to be busy I will generally avoid it or log onto a quiet server.  One problem with the road is the exit ramp causes low trailers to ground out ( everyone grounds there) and players tend not to have patience.

Like Weezy says, stay calm.  

It might be worth to go with a couple of friends and use the US server as that server is usually quiet and together you can use the chat and cb if you have a mic to communicate with each other so you can enjoy the road together without the hassle of rude players.

That's what I did, using the cb with a couple of random drivers and it made the experience quite enjoyable as the players I was with were able to see things I could not from my point of view. 

If you can, use a higher power 6x4, I used a 6x2 daf with a manual.  Use your difflocks too and use the auto box in manual mode, makes it easier as you are not having to worry about the clutch

Hi thank you for a the reply’s.

What I just wanted too add:

I don’t swear or start discussing with the people (I ignore the chat but I still read it). I just try to get out of the situation quick.

But I trying to be too quick and usually get more stuck. 
Also I really like driving on dangerous and crowded roads. But the people are just nuts sometimes. 

I know exactly what your feeling buddy. Alot of times a player doesnt just want to F7 especially if its a situation where you can lower your axle and reverse out of. But the issue is that alot of the players in the game do not see it  from that players perspective. 30 seconds is not a bad time to wait on someone to reverse their stuck trailer. Alot of players need to put themselves in other peoples shoes and think what if i was stuck. I wouldnt want someone honking at me calling me an idiot etc. Patience is a vertue which sadly is lacking from alot of people. 

Happy Truckings and Have a safe Journey! 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

27 minutes ago, weezy said:,

Likely due to impatience. If you don't move within nanoseconds, then you're a bad driver and wasting their valuable time and game experience. 

Maybe (this is just a speculation!!! I do not want to disrespect anyone) these are kids. 
I remember when I was a younger that I was only allowed to play 1 hour or so a day.

Maybe are these kids under time pressure and want to get their job done before their time is up?

These kids are probably also not mature enough to follow traffic rules (also because they might not know them)  and to share the roads.

However. This is just a speculation. This might not be true for everybody. Others might be just Trolls. 
I don’t want to disrespect anybody.

12 minutes ago, Josh115 said:

Maybe (this is just a speculation!!! I do not want to disrespect anyone) these are kids. 

Actually its alot of Grown men. That are saying alot of these things. they are just impatient and think that everything should go how they want it to go aka spoiled grown men. IF you listen to the CB radio you will know that alot of them arent kids. 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

4 minutes ago, Truckerpilot said:

Actually its alot of Grown men. That are saying alot of these things. they are just impatient and think that everything should go how they want it to go aka spoiled grown men. IF you listen to the CB radio you will know that alot of them arent kids. 

Really? That’s crazy? I actually did not expect that! 
I would expect from them to drive normally! 

Just an idea: 
Can you get Chat banned / kicked?
I know that you can get Chat kicked / banned (for the next hour)  in other games if you will type words that are on a blacklist!
But only after you get 3 warnings.

What do you think guys. Should I create a feature request?

you can be banned for typing offensive or racial slurs in the chat as well as excessive profanity and extreme profanity. However you are not likely to get banned for calling someone an Idiot. 

TruckerPilot

1 hour ago, Truckerpilot said:

you can be banned for typing offensive or racial slurs in the chat as well as excessive profanity and extreme profanity. However you are not likely to get banned for calling someone an Idiot. 

My Idea:

The System has a “Blacklist” with all kinds of assault (for example ALT F4, can’t drive, idiot etc. ) which can detect those automatically.

When somebody enters one of those words you will get a warning. After 3 warnings (in 1 session) you will get Chat banned for the next two or three hours.

Or the system just filters everything out...

1 hour ago, Josh115 said:

for example ALT F4, can’t drive, idiot etc.

Well the issue is you can't Ban or warn players for telling someone to ALT+F4 or cant drive or even idiot for that matter. Their is still some level of freedom of speech in the game and those are not really offensive to the extent of being banned or banned from texting in chat. Also to get a system implemented that can detect these words is not as easy as you may think especially in a Mod like this where their are so many different varities. 

TruckerPilot

2 minutes ago, Truckerpilot said:

Well the issue is you can't Ban or warn players for telling someone to ALT+F4 or cant drive or even idiot for that matter. Their is still some level of freedom of speech in the game and those are not really offensive to the extent of being banned or banned from texting in chat. Also to get a system implemented that can detect these words is not as easy as you may think especially in a Mod like this where their are so many different varities. 

ok I do agree that these were bad examples.

But I have seen very nasty assault. And I don’t thing that they should be allowed.

I don’t think that it is very complicated to develop such a system. (Well I’m not an expert but I still know a few things about filtering systems - depends on what Chat system they use)

But idk. It was just an idea. I think you are right. The system would chat Bann without knowing the context. That wouldn’t end good

I think quite some people have experienced what you went through here. Honestly, just ignore those people and if they start to insult you, report them. Everybody makes mistakes at some point so don't worry too much. Don't take those insults personal either, just laugh about it. It would be best if you didn't respond to those things as well as not responding will most likely make them stop at some point.

Greetings

I completely get you. I've had a couple situations like that in the past. I know this is easier said than done, but try to ignore them as much as possible. Regardless of location, they are the ones likely to get banned or kicked for spamming, abuse or even the same thing. Try to focus on yourself, have a good shot at trying to rectify the situation. If not, either F7, or load an earlier auto-save if you can. After, take some time away to calm down, and review the situation - thinking about what you could do next time to avoid getting stuck, etc. This has really helped me in the past and develop my driving skills further.

I get that is so many situations on TMP kirkenes has become the new C-D of promods until you are blocking after not being able to move you are not in the wrong just keeping focused and not losing your cool is the best way it may sound easy just saying it but it just takes practice from experience maybe avoid highly populated areas as promods is huge there is so much to explore no need to waste your efforts stuck on one road . 

• Chev locked this topic

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been over 14 days since the last reply.

For this reason, I must lock and archive your thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,

Chev

Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived