0.2.2.6.4 Released

ShawnCZek

g_set_skybox has nothing harmful in itself, yet it gets blocked. Blocking the climate command is understandable since you are able to change it to local daytime. But what's the point to block local skybox? All it does is change the sky. It also controls rain. 0 for light rain, 1 for normal rain, 2 for heavy rain with thunder. These features are nowhere close to console abuse if that's the reason you blocked it.

Edit: These commands after all do not alter gameplay. They are only used for different vision, which again, does not affect gameplay.

Edited by Ouskiller

4 hours ago, ShawnCZek said:

List of changes from 13th January 2020:

• Blocked g_set_climate and g_set_skybox game commands.

I do not understand why either of these commands are blocked they are very helpful to the players and dont effect the other players in any way 

• Upvote 5

spacer.png

Both commands are totally harmless. Media uses these commands a lot if its too dark in-game, its a very useful tool for media. For example if an event or convoy starts at 7pm GMT it means it will be night time, media usually dont want that because its less details visible to the eye and therefore media uses one or both of the commands to achieve higher quality pictures.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 2

tmp_coover.png

4 hours ago, ShawnCZek said:

List of changes from 13th January 2020:

• Blocked g_set_climate and g_set_skybox game commands.

Please don't take these away from us, they're so useful to media inclined people! And quite frankly I don't see how these affect casual players really, perhaps someone here can explain that to me?

• Upvote 8

I don't agree with this change at all, it's very useful to media and everyone who wants to take nice pictures with friends, without hoping for a good skybox and maybe not night time. Surely, this can't harm the MP in any way.. I see plenty of people who are on my side as well, expect more to come in the following days. 

Greetings

#bringbackclimateandskyboxintmp

• Upvote 3

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

Unfortunately Truckers MP is on a steep slope down hill As far as I can see.

Yes the Sim update made a lot of people dislike TMP, but most of us are used to it now.

Then The console was limited in stopping trucks fly, it was really good for content creators of funny moments, but hey we got used to that now too.

But to limit the Sky and Weather, That's just stupid. Those commands have nothing to do with people getting banned or increasing Danger to other players. They aren't even seen by the other players.

I'm not one for using that command but I know Tones on Media people use that command to make their pictures look better.

I have said this before and ill say it again now, the more and more TMP make changes people dont like the more and more people will leave, And I cant help but feel like Players and the community are being forgotten about, We should get a say in how we want to TMP to be as at the end of the day were're the players that play the mod.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 1

The "g_set_skybox" command does no harm, i cannot understand the reason to block this. It's kinda like blocking the "g_set_weather" commands, a bit stupid...

However for "g_set_climate", i have never been able to get this command to work, and i dont even know how to use this command, so i'm clueless about that.

• Upvote 1

cmgeow.pngbanner

Just now, SgtBreadStick said:

The "g_set_skybox" command does no harm, i cannot understand the reason to block this. It's kinda like blocking the "g_set_weather" commands, a bit stupid...

However for "g_set_climate", i have never been able to get this command to work, and i dont even know how to use this command, so i'm clueless about that.

The way g_set_climate works is by adding "reference" after the command which locks the skybox into local daytime. I don't know why the specific word "reference" was needed but many people liked using it. The way to change it back is by just adding "default" to the command

Maybe there is a good reason behind it but i dont believe there is, just like i said earlier ( a year ago ) they dont care about the community anymore i mean this is not the first time they changed something without asking to their community ( 3 Million users ) and like other people said above there is totally no harm given to other players by using those commands, this is what TMP have become.

• True Story 1

Very sad to see this on the update news today. Both the skybox command and the climate command are partly essentials when it comes to in-game photography.
And sometimes, sending us photographers into singleplayer is just not cutting it, because we need these tools at convoys even such as the monthly TMP convoy. I personally feel like TruckersMP have cowardly sabotaged not only their in-game photography content creators of this community, but also their own media team by doing this. Very upsetting to see you guys not care about these aspects of the game.

I truly hope that the backlash you guys are receiving for this right now will make you rethink the decision to block those commands. Maybe make it a rule that lag based on abuse of these commands will not be tolerated in terms of ban appeals. Or make it a rule that they are only to be used in a safe environment such as media staff usage at events.

But please give us back our tools. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Kind regards,                                                           

Sana                                    

39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0 f48JosS.png

Feedback | Support | Rules | Knowledge Base |

7 minutes ago, ShawnCZek said:

g_set_skybox will be most likely enabled again, a deeper investigation must be done to find all cons and minuses. Not all commands are properly documented and it is hard to find the limits of these game commands.

I use the g_set_skybox command a lot, will it be re-enabled until tomorrow?

1 hour ago, ShawnCZek said:

g_set_skybox will be most likely enabled again, a deeper investigation must be done to find all cons and minuses. Not all commands are properly documented and it is hard to find the limits of these game commands.

Great to see your quick answer. I appreciate your efforts

1 hour ago, ShawnCZek said:

Nice to hear but will it be the same for g_set_climate

spacer.png

2 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

Would it not be more sensible decision to investigate before you remove it?

You're absolutely right.  While the developers and administrative staff of TMP are very bright and intelligent, they are (for the most part) very young making them prone to power trips and knee-jerk reactions and a flat-out refusal to admit and correct mistakes they've made.  We saw this with the last "Road to Simulation" update. "Because we can" is never a good reason to do something.

• Confused 1
  • True Story 1