First Person / Third Person whilst driving?

James

Greetings ?

Since that's a simulation game, I prefer driving in first person camera but sometimes, when there is a crash ahead or something similar, I am changing my camera to third person to see better what is going on to take the appropriate actions.

I would like to note that it's not really safe to drive in third person camera, especially in high population area, especially when your driving skills are not that good because it's easy to crash into someone in a turn or something similar.

About other cameras, I usually use the one which shows the side of the truck/trailer. That helps to see what is going on behind or to see the name of a player who just passed me but doing that often is dangerous as well as you may crash to the truck ahead.

Sincerely,

BL4CK$K1LL

I travel in first person view with occasional drive by shots with 8 cam when streaming, however use 8 cam ONLY WHEN TRAFFIC IS LIGHT as it is easy to drift across lanes. 

Be aware of your blind spots when  using in cab views, however when using no2 camera there is a risk of side swiping a skoda or solo tractor unit that may be obscured by your trailer

I feel you have more control over the truck and can see ahead of you better while in first person. I feel when I'm going 68mph and go into third person I feel like I have less control over the truck then if I was in first person. For that reason I only use third person when trying to line up to a buddy or park.

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hi there! 

I drive in 1st person when there is no congestion infront of me, but when there is congestion infront of me, I switch to 3rd person, to see what the cause of the congestion is and go from there to see if I need to slow down quickly, or if I can overtake in another lane, if there is one. 

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

I generally tend to use first-person view when actively driving 95% of the time, and I use the third person view (Cam 3) when unloading/loading as it's the easiest way for me to handle unloads, however when I am in cities, I do also occasionally tend to switch over to Camera 0 to get the idea of what goes on in the surrounding area outside of the depot where I am parked. 

Archived