Is Logitech G29 with Shifter good?

pasztet_blr

6 minutes ago, Jeronimeau said:

It's really good. I use it all the time when I'm playing ETS2/ATS. It's easy to set up, once done it's only plug and play. The quality is really good as well, so all I can do is recommend it. You can also buy the G920, it just depends on which one you prefer. 

I watched at the online shops, and couldn't find any differences between G29 and G920 except for wheel diameter. G920 is bigger and thats all?

// Steam || YouTube || Telegram @pasztet_blr || Discord pasztet_blr#5988 \\

4WZnYI3.png

• Business Analyst
10 hours ago, pashtet_blr said:

I watched at the online shops, and couldn't find any differences between G29 and G920 except for wheel diameter. G920 is bigger and thats all?

No, their physical characteristics are identical. The only difference is their appearance and the fact that the G29 was specifically made for PlayStation 3 and 4 and the G920 was made for Xbox One. The G29 has a few extra buttons that may be useful, but that depends if you use them or not. I personally don't really use the extra buttons (check image below for a comparison), but I know some people use the +/- buttons to change cruise control speed and the red turning wheel to change radio volume. Both wheels are compatible with PC, so if you only use the wheel for PC gaming I'd definitely recommend buying the G29. But if you have a PlayStation or a Xbox and you want to use the wheel for the console as well, you have to make a choice because they're each only compatible with one specific console.

TDLdMua.jpg

I've got a G29 Set (the wheel + pedals) in early 2019 and I'm very happy with those. They are definitely high quality products and it's a pleasure to use them. Sadly I couldn't yet get my hands on a shifter but I will definitely do that soon! ;)

As others already said, the extra buttons on the G29 are actually quite useful. I personally use the "enter" button as a horn, the red ring to set the speed of the cruise control, + and - on the left side as to change from drive mode to neutral to backwards (driving real automation) :)

The wheel itself has nice clips with which you can mount it to your desk whenever you want... 

There is one thing though I don't like too much: The cable of the pedals leaves the pedals at the back. I personally have my pedals in front of a wall so that cable basically directly hits the wall... The problem starts with the brakes which you will need to use quite a lot and also heavy (especially with the Winter Mod) which is why it feels like that cable gets pressed towards the wall and is then between the pedals and the wall itself. The cable is not too thick so I'm scared of the cable just getting destroyed but after 1 year I didn't have an issue with that! Let's hope it stays like that.

Overall though I can just recommend the G29, it's an awesome wheel and the 450° rotation in both directions is enough to have lots of fun :)

11 minutes ago, Noctover said:

The G29 imho is a huge rip off. I have the G27 which is basically the same but comes with shifter. I'd recommend trying to find a G27, you'll save money and get a wheel that is just as good and wont have to start looking for a shifter to go with it.

Well, G27 has its buttons near gear shifter which is kinda new. I have all buttons on my old wheel on it. G29 is more familiar to me, as it has everything on itself.

But anyway, thanks for your opinion!

// Steam || YouTube || Telegram @pasztet_blr || Discord pasztet_blr#5988 \\

4WZnYI3.png

14 minutes ago, pashtet_blr said:

Well, G27 has its buttons near gear shifter which is kinda new. I have all buttons on my old wheel on it. G29 is more familiar to me, as it has everything on itself.

But anyway, thanks for your opinion!

Thats fair.

Its probably a great wheel, but considering how much the 27 was and how much more you got for your money i think its a bit cheeky.

The g29 is a good wheel as is the g920 which is the one I use. The g29 is made for compatibility with the playstation whilst the other xbox. I would lean more towards the g920 just because it has caused less problems for users since the compatibilty with Windows is better. But then if you want to use a playstation with your wheel by all means go with the g29.

G29 is a nice wheel, i like much the buttons available because i can control much function of truck as.. turn right/left, lights, engine, retarder, cruise control, visual and range-splitter gearbox with optional gear box.

I no have compatibility problem with windows, only thing i not like is the gear box is optional but in g27 is a part of the wheel.

?

#drivesafe

Yes, I recommend G29 and G27 handlebars because they are very well made and have similar parameters.  Regards!

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

Archived