How do I drift with keyboard + mouse with winter mod?

dragonslayingmaster1000

First of all, I do this in areas where there's not many players so I'm doing this safely. I'm having lots of trouble doing it because I don't have pedals or wheel (just mouse steering) so it seems impossible to do proper drifts. Either I can't start the drift and turn normally or I'm able to start it but immediately spin out a second later even if I turn the wheel all the way to try to continue the drift. I've seen videos of people doing it but they definitely use pedal and wheels. If anyone has some tips, preferably if you use mouse steering, that would be great.

First off, If you want to drift, Do it in SP or in a Arcade server. Doing it in a Simulation server will just cause you trouble, Even if no ones around. To drift, I would recommend getting a 4x2 with a powerful engine. Make sure to understand how the Physics mod works. It's hard to explain, But try messing around, And see if you can make any slips and what not. Once you got that, Then try drifting for a spin. It'll take time to master it. Its not something that will magically happen once you slide your wheel all the way. Hope this helps. :)

First of all, make sure that you are in the Arcade server so you don't get banned. 

Here's some of the things you should have on a drifting truck:
6 Speed transmission - I feel like this is needed, it makes you stay in a gear for longer, which will allow you to keep longer drifts

2 Axles - This is really important, I've tried drifting with 3 axles, but it just didn't work

High RPM engine - Honestly, I don't know how much this helps, but I always go for the engines with high rpm

I hope some of these tips will help

Grubby

You should not be doing this, at all. If you want to drift, go to Tucson's race track when there is no one there or on the very least, use the Arcade server, as there are no collisions there so you can't hurt anybody, should anyone show up without you noticing (it WILL happen. It's only a matter of "when"). Do bear in mind, however, that you are playing a dangerous game in doing that. If I were you, I would download the winter mod and physics for singleplayer and do it there. The "fun" of drifting in the snow is not worth getting a ban in your punishment history, trust me.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

On 12/24/2019 at 11:51 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

First of all, I do this in areas where there's not many players so I'm doing this safely. I'm having lots of trouble doing it because I don't have pedals or wheel (just mouse steering) so it seems impossible to do proper drifts. Either I can't start the drift and turn normally or I'm able to start it but immediately spin out a second later even if I turn the wheel all the way to try to continue the drift. I've seen videos of people doing it but they definitely use pedal and wheels. If anyone has some tips, preferably if you use mouse steering, that would be great.

It is very simple actually.first you should have a truck with retarder. Then you should pick a safe place to drift or spin. While truck is going, open the retarder, stop pushing the gas button, use the handbrake and turn the wheels at the same time. You can even in a city with that tactic. But first of all, you should have winter mode physics.

At the same time, you can use the grassed area near the road. These places are very slippery.

spacer.png

• Chev locked this topic

Archived