Istambul speed limit is ridiculous

hamer221

Hai,

I understand what you are trying to say, but this is not TruckersMP's fault.

SCS designed the city, and then TMP  implemented the rule about the city speed limit.

As soon as you enter, what is classed as the city, that's when the speed limiter, limits you to 60KMH.

This is a TruckersMP rule, and i suppose you just have to live with it!

Kind Regards,

JamesS014

First, it is İstanbul. Just a kind correction :) The area of a city is determined by SCS not TMP. What TMP does is just limitting the speed to 60 km/h whenever you enter a city. There are many in-city highways in İstanbul in real life and the speed limit is 82 km/h. So, you are right in a sense. However, this is how TMP implemented the rules and we have to live with it :)

Well it is not fast, I agree on that. But on the other hand, why rush the game. If you're rushing that much that dont even have time to cross the city on 60, is it even the right game youre playing? Im not bothered by the speed limit and in some cases I think its even good that its there.

So as said before the speed limit in cities is defined by the city area. So every city has an area that is marked as a city area by SCS, i take it they are all in the same game folder or something. So what i think TMP does is just take that area and apply a limit to it. Its how the No Collision zones work too. Cause each of the factories and stores and other delivery places you go to is a prefab. And all these are probably stored in the same folders. So all we do is apply No collision to those folders. Which is also why when a new DLC comes out, some delivery places already have no collision and also why cities usually have a limit on them. Because they are all prefabs used before so they are just added to folders that are under the no collision system. And also why some areas dont have No Collision, because they are new prefabs and those folders havent been added to the no collision system yet. I think that is how it works.  But this also means that highways that runs though what SCS defines as a city area will be caught by the speed limiter. And i am not sure we can even take individual roads and add a different limit to them. Or at least that would take a lot of work if it could be done, work that would be spent better on other things. So sadly you will have to live with the limit. :)

from what I have experienced, the way that the city speed limit works is a form of geofence, so anything inside the circle around a city gets cut to 60km/h, regardless of if a 4 lane highway goes right through it, this, although I see as annoying when you are running at 80km/h along an empty highway, does in fact have its advantages as number of players will sometimes sail through red lights at 110km/h if they could, this almost happened to me in Amsterdam when I had a green light to pull out and a player sailed by through a red, so look at it this way, its done for the protection of players.  you have more chance of seeing something and stopping for a red traffic light at 60km/h than you do at 110km/h.

• 2 weeks later...

This restriction is simply TruckersMP rules, and you have to get used to it.

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

On 12/28/2019 at 1:40 AM, hamer221 said:

It doesn't make any sense. Lowest limit I have seen in Europe is 80 in city highway. Also those highways are empty, going at 60km/h is damm boring. It takes you 10 minutes to cross the city.

Haven't been in Oslo then :P

They got 60 during the winther months, parts of it is 70 rest of the year :) 

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

On 28.12.2019 at 14:31, MrSirViking said:

So as said before the speed limit in cities is defined by the city area. So every city has an area that is marked as a city area by SCS, i take it they are all in the same game folder or something. So what i think TMP does is just take that area and apply a limit to it.

Can you add rule: if in city zone route advisor speed limit more then TMP city speed limit then TMP speed limit stay 110? Is it technically possible?

7122.jpg?_1615232738

The implementation of what is considered a city, is on the part of SCS, however, to apply this rule of TMP, the same rule creates areas that should not have a limit of 60, as for example outside that city. In several cities, it takes me forever to leave the area, the last one I counted was almost 20 kilometers long, which is ridiculous. Here there will only be two viable options, the simplest, removing the limit within cities, which I personally do not think is right, a limit is necessary, but it is badly applied because of SCS, or else increasing that limit a little more. That may be the most viable way. Having no limit creates terrible chaos, when there was no limit within the city, it looked more like race tracks. In another situation, SCS also improved the limits of the city, and in reality only the city. Leaving the highways free of this limit. But I say that the problem is not the 60kmh, but the areas defined as city.

Easily explaining this issue.
When defining a city in the Map Editor, the city has a square boundary. You can change the size of the city, and if you're withhin these boundaries, TMP will enable the 60 km/h speedlimit.

It IS possible to make the city a bit smaller and use seveal other city nodes, but this is a case of SCS Software and they will NOT do that. Same with ProMods.

So, no, this is not a bug, nothing TMP can do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For the reason stated above, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived