Ban Appeal System

GIMI

So I've got my first ban (which I don’t think I should have) and found out, how useless appeal system actually is.

I don’t think the same game moderator, who issued the punishment, should resolve the appeal. Why would someone admit they were wrong when they can just decline and say they were right no matter what? In the case the moderator has the rule-breaking actions on a video, don’t you think it would be more appropriate to be seen by another administrator? Tell me your opinion! 

Thanks.

Hi there, @GIMI

I do get your frustration with your ban that you have received, but in their defence, if they have the substantial evidence submitted within a report to have you banned, then that is why the appeal system is there. I personally do not think that the Game Moderator that took care of the report against you would have shared it towards other people within the division, and more so, I don't think it would be appropriate to be seen by another Moderator when it is not their report to deal with.

If you think that you were not in the wrong with what they have put against you, then you can also submit an appeal (which you have already done) but saying that their appeal system is useless is your own opinion, and thus, you should be sending in a feedback ticket to the Game Moderation Management in regards to it, because THEY are the only people who can handle it appropriately, not other people on the forum.

I hope this makes you understand why the appeal system is there and why it is not useless. 

With regards, 

SarahMaddy
TruckersMP Player since December 2018

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hi @SarahMaddy,

I don’t really care about the ban.. The problem is that the ban didn’t come from a report but rather from an in-game moderator who was I suppose in a bit of a rush in an event. It’s a pity I wasn’t recording at the moment, but whatever. It is how it is.

The appeal system IS a bit useless, and why is that? In this case, for example, the only one who has it on a video is the moderator and obviously, one cannot change their mind if they are not willing to. That’s why I think it would be nice if the appeals weren’t a one-to-one thing, but rather had a supervisor.

With regards,

GIMI

TruckersMP player since June 2016.

Hello @CroTruck,

As far as I know the ticket system is not intended for feedback. Or is there a separate section I don’t know about?

As I have already said, this is my opinion on the appeal system, not on the ban I’ve got and all I asked for was your opinion, not a guide to how to get my ban to be revised.

Thanks for your reply,

GIMI.

Hello again, @GIMI

In response to the above post you said to CroTruck, yes there is a separate section for that aside from the appeals, and that is here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback

I hope this answers your question. 

With the warmest regards, 

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Player since December 2018

Merry Christmas!

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hello, @GIMI

I certainly don't find the reporting system useless.

I also make reports of players who break the rules, and this works correctly.

If you break the rules, you must accept the Ban.

The managers are just doing their job, so I don't think this is appropriate for what you say.

Do you still think about an incorrect statement?

Make a Ban Appeal here: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Or a feedback here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback

!! You have the Batch Veteran III, so I can say that it should be clear could to you,

concerns the rules.

Enjoy your game, and have a nice day. !!

Regards,

@PIltBull

4 hours ago, GIMI said:

So I've got my first ban (which I don’t think I should have) and found out, how useless appeal system actually is.

I don’t think the same game moderator, who issued the punishment, should resolve the appeal. Why would someone admit they were wrong when they can just decline and say they were right no matter what? In the case the moderator has the rule-breaking actions on a video, don’t you think it would be more appropriate to be seen by another administrator? Tell me your opinion! 

Thanks.

Hello Gimi,

This system is being used for quiet some years now, the fact is still who bans you is also responsible for the appeal, for me that is common sense cuz i'm part of the team from 2014.

Anyway if you feel your appeal was not handled correctly, then you should indeed write a feedback ticket with the appeal link inside, the management will look into it.

Regards

Warrior 

Hey there,

I have never been banned so I never used the appeal system but I agree with you. It's less likely to the GM that banned you to understand your point of view and reconsider the ban. Maybe it should be another GM. I can't be the managers as there's not enough for the amount of appeals. 

Best regards,

Blueyy

I would just like to say with regards to the appeal system being useless because the same GM/RM deals with it that banned you. This isn't useless at all, in fact can be quite the opposite. I find it useful because it gives me a second chance to look at the ban I issued and see if I made the correct decision. This is the case for quite a few I am sure and not only that it is fully responsible on the person who banned you to explain why you were banned and be able to give a justification as to why they banned you. If you feel they cannot justify it or you think they mishandled it, that is what the feedback system is for, Game Mod Leaders, Game Mod Trainers or Game Managers will look at your ticket and help by giving a response which should resolve your situation.

This sort of appeal system also allows for much quicker response times for the majority of cases, if you had to have another member of the team answer it for you, it could be misleading or take a longer amount of time due to the volume of appeals that are made. Thus, the system we have is the most efficient from what I can see.

Hope this helps from a different point of view. ?

The reports system is a great way to reports user. I report a whole bunch of user who thinking that truckers mp is a place for irritating other users. And here come the funny part. Most users  i reported are users already got a ban in the past.   I totally understand that whe are humans and sometimes whe makes mistakes but this users are making a mockery of truckers MP, driving like idiots and thinks its a fun place to doing stupid thing, ramming into others with small cars, screaming i n the radio or party on the road and irritating other users. Iam verry easy. When i see something that is not good or going to far i will record this, upload via youtube and reporting  this via my account. If you hit somebody by accident i think if you say sorry , nobody has problems. But when people are recording for evidence then something was wrong beforehand.  Its looks like big places as rotterdam,amsterdam,manheim,dusseldorf and duisburg. are great places for those idiots to irritating other users. 

You are not got banned for 1 mistake. The user who reporting needs clearly evidence to proof it.

Hey @[AHL] Aek177

Could you please tell me, how much time an admin has to response for the appeal? I was trying to find an answer without success.
I found information, that I can send feedback, but before I can do this, my appeal case should be answered.
In general, I have been banned for 3 days (on Dec 31) but noticed this yesterday at 8 PM. After watching the movie, I've written an appeal, because I do not agree with the punishment. Of course, I've explained everything in my appeal. I'm "under pressure" because today we have an important convoy in my new VS, to which I've joined early afternoon on Dec 31st.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

P.S. Happy New Year for the whole TruckersMP community!

3 hours ago, EliminatorPL said:

Hey @[AHL] Aek177

Could you please tell me, how much time an admin has to response for the appeal? I was trying to find an answer without success.
I found information, that I can send feedback, but before I can do this, my appeal case should be answered.
In general, I have been banned for 3 days (on Dec 31) but noticed this yesterday at 8 PM. After watching the movie, I've written an appeal, because I do not agree with the punishment. Of course, I've explained everything in my appeal. I'm "under pressure" because today we have an important convoy in my new VS, to which I've joined early afternoon on Dec 31st.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

P.S. Happy New Year for the whole TruckersMP community!

At the moment @EliminatorPL the team is on a break due to the Christmas period. The person who banned you will respond as soon as they can if they haven't already. You can read more about it here 

If the BOT automatically declines your appeal without an answer or the person who banned you declines your appeal, that is when you can take it to feedback. But, you must wait until your appeal is closed before going to feedback if possible.

Hi GIMI,

I'm late on this but I truly thing the appeal system is fine as is, but you can always suggest a change to make it where the GM who issued the ban is unable to review the appeal. I believe the GM who bans you should review it is because they have the most knowledge on what happen prior to the video. But when appealing you can request the video and you can see the reason you were banned. To add-on to that you can always create a feedback ticket if you felt the appeal didn't go the way it should of. 

Thank you!

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

On 12/23/2019 at 8:21 AM, GIMI said:

Thanks.

whe dont know what the situation whas, Maybe you can share a link to the evidence (movie)  most admin (not everybody) are following the rules of truckers mp and you will not be banned for a small tiny thing that whas occured. There must be a logical reasson.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the ban appeals system is useless, and I think it should work like this. If a Game Moderator applies a ban, another Game Moderator may respond to the appeal of the banned user. More Game Moderators work is great, but I think some of them also don't follow the rules very much and end up applying a "Needless" ban to some users. Of course I am not judging their work but giving my opinion on what has been commented.

I do not think that the ban appeal system is unnecessary or bad. This way the Game Moderator or Report Moderator can tell you again why he saw your behaviour as wrong and maybe you can understand it then. If you are still not satisfied with the answer, there is still the possibility to complain to a Game Manager or similar. 
So I think this is a good solution that does not burden other team members unnecessarily.

Just for info, Iam also the one who report others who are driving against the rules and my whole trip of ETS2 will berecorded for evidence. Its like a blackbox in a plane. If somebody driving against the rules like ramming me i will report this with the movie. Just take a look at my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/dannyburgerh

in 1 month time i have reported over a hundred users who not drving normally and totally against the rules. But in my opinion there are not much admin in the game wich is a bad thing. I have notice that most admin are verry young. Its make a big different if a admin is 18/19 yeears of 32 years like me or older. Being a admin is a serious task in my opinion and users should following the rules of mp truckers. instead making mptruckers a childrens playground where mostly young users are driving against the rules. 

SO i dont understand what GIMI is trying to reach with this post and  make a topic without any evidence (movie) so noboy know what exactly happened. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, GIMI said:

Why would someone admit they were wrong when they can just decline and say they were right no matter what?

A successful appeal of a ban does not mean that the responsible game moderator has made a mistake nor that he acknowledges a mistake.
The appeal system gives both parties, the game moderator as well as the perpetrator, the possibility to present and explain their perspective on the event/ incident.

Archived