Trailer save editing question.

Corky3D

Hello I have a trailer save editing question. I'm just not sure on if it's allowed or not. So I save edited a rocky mountain double configuration, but instead of having the small trailer in the back, I have it in the front.  I want to think it's allowed since it's still standard length and actually handles better then standard RMD.  I just don't want to get banned for another trailer configuration issue. 

Test.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think rules are not clear enough in the this statement:

"Allowed combinations for ATS (styles and sizes will vary)"

Unlike ETS2, there are multiple trailer sizes available, but does that mean you can't actually modify them in combinations, only swap for different trailer type of the same size?

Default RM double has 45 feet front tailer and 28 feet rear trailer, can you, for example, change rear trailer to 32 feet?

This rule needs more clarification 

@TheCreepyTruckr Sorry, but that is just not explicitly mentioned in the rules, exact wording actually allows, what I have suggested:

The exact trailers and cargoes used do not matter in this rule and can be mixed freely. The maximum length of any trailer combination must not exceed the length of the longest default combination ("HCT" for ETS2 and "Turnpike Double" for ATS, see images below) - using a longer trailer on any combination is permitted if it is within this length.

No matter how many times I read it, according to this, you should be allowed to change trailer sizes freely, you only can't exceed 2x45 feet + gap, whatever that is, maybe 4 feet ? 

Tripple trailer is exception, because it is only about 2 feet shorter than turnpike, so you can't change individual trailer sizes at all.

That's how I , and certainly many others, understand it,  so I think this rule needs some work.

29 minutes ago, Granite said:

@TheCreepyTruckr Sorry, but that is just not explicitly mentioned in the rules, exact wording actually allows, what I have suggested:

The exact trailers and cargoes used do not matter in this rule and can be mixed freely. The maximum length of any trailer combination must not exceed the length of the longest default combination ("HCT" for ETS2 and "Turnpike Double" for ATS, see images below) - using a longer trailer on any combination is permitted if it is within this length.

No matter how many times I read it, according to this, you should be allowed to change trailer sizes freely, you only can't exceed 2x45 feet + gap, whatever that is, maybe 4 feet ? 

Tripple trailer is exception, because it is only about 2 feet shorter than turnpike, so you can't change individual trailer sizes at all.

That's how I , and certainly many others, understand it,  so I think this rule needs some work.

yet the turnpike doubles max trailer size is 2x53 feet plus the dolly, which can put the max length to 106 to 108  total feet. and this is with out save editing

@ShadowWolf2k7No, turnpike double trailers are only 45 feet long, total lenght is maybe about 94 feet with single axle dolly and 96 feet with tandem dolly.

You can check this in trailer browser by comparing it to triple trailer (3x28 feet + two gaps), which is visibly only tiny bit shorter.

Or add excluive marker lights on the side and count them, 53 feet trailer has 2 more marker lights.

• Chev locked this topic

Archived