Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

LOW fps after updates....

AiTE

Question

Hi.. before update i played ETS2 alot, 1k hours, 50-60fps on my laptop. after update - i got ONLY 10-13fps....... impossible to play, try it by yourself. so wtf? dx11 is problem or what? no matter what my specs laptop i think and game, cuz i said: was 60fps. and i will not try to change settings in game, cuz i dont like minecraft, so i dont like mc graphics in ets2 too, why i have to do that? just answer where is problem, thats all what i need, rip ETS2 on my laptop anyway.

6 answers to this question

Hello @AiTE,

first of all, sorry that you got problems like that in ETS. Here are maybe some solutions for your problem:

Disabling Season Effects and Winter Mod could help, to gain some FPS.

Disabling Cabin Accessories and Flags may also help for low end PCs ( or like in your case, laptops ).  Using the 2 outside flags on your vehicle can also drop you up to 30 frames . Using cabin accessories, could also cost FPS.

IF NOT - Installing the game into a SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze.

Always install the latest GPU drivers. Before you install the new drivers remove the old ones with Display Driver Unistaller (DDU).  You should download the drivers from the manufacturer!

Changing your save format for the purposes of save editing will cause auto-save lag issues on large profiles and slower systems. To remedy this, changing the `g_save_format` value to the default of 0 will drastically reduce your profile's auto-save time. Though with the default save format, you cannot make modifications to your save file, such as adding customs jobs using Virtual Speditor.

Always but always make sure you run the game on DirectX and not OpenCL. Running the game on OpenCL will cut your FPS to half or even cause you game crash. If you are not sure if you run MP in DirectX run the game once in SP by Choosing "Launch ETS2 DirectX (64-bit)". 

Hopefully, there is something for your solution.

Kind regards

Blacko.

-Blacko-

Feel free to contact me via the private message system :)

i havent any mods, winter too. :) its happen ~2weeks ago, this fps drops. :) but i tryed to open ETS2 SP today, to check "maybe all ok now", but noooo. :) same, i got 8fps. i havent any new mods. no flags, no cabin accesories (yea, i have it, but was all ok with it before update, ant its only 2 moving accesories in my truck). i think that update is problem. but nvm, i just missed ETS2, cuz im truck driver in real life too, so i have 3 weeks free now and cant play, thats all. anyway, i will think few monts later i think, about new laptop. sad.

Hello there! :)

Your topic has been inactive for 4 days since the last reply.
Because of Inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our Support Team members and we will open this Topic again.
Thanks to all for participation!

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

spacer.png