Game lags on external TV / Problem with dx11 in 1.36

ViennaKing

Question

Hello!

So my laptop screen died and my temporary solution was to connect it to my TV via HDMI cable and everything works as it should, all the games I regularly play work normally, except ATS and ETS2, where I noticed severe lagging even on profiles screen, and in-game I get around 10 FPS where I would normally get 35-40 FPS. I was just wondering if the game is in some way incopatible with the TV or the newest version is causing the problems (I haven't played for about a month and it worked normally before Road To The Black Sea DLC)? I was also wondering if problem is in game not using the high performance GPU for that screen (my lapotop has Intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon 7670M) and uses the low performance GPU by default, but I've set this application to use high performance GPU and the problem still persists.

Please help.

9 answers to this question

Hi @ViennaKing

As i know all tv or screens are supported. But note that when you enter busy areas then your fps will be lower or maybe lag out.

I suggest to avoid busy areas to avoid getting low fps-

Regards

Ah Bunker

1. The CPU is a blistering 98C. That's near boiling point. Check to see if the maker had put on a heatsink and heatsink compound! I see 99C in the CPU section. This CPU will age fast at those temps and of course slow down.

2. The Motherboard is a rather warm 36C with drives at 38 and 39C. That's warm. Maybe the case cover can be left off to cool these parts. (The CPU is far too hot!)

3. There is some USB drive plugged it. Which is bad for performance.

4. Way too many SVCHOST and System IP connections. Read and do the following:
a. https://www.howtogeek.com/224981/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-uploading-updates-to-other-pcs-over-the-internet/
b. Exit Chrome during games.

5. Single channel RAM. That's a performance hit but most of the hit is likely the CPU heat and that USB drive followed by this issue.

6. BIOS is incredibly out of date. Cure item 1 before update.
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B150M-HDS/index.asp#BIOS

7. Internal HDDs are in perfect health.

8. The External HDD is showing signs of failure in the SMART Values 01, 07, BC and maybe others.
This drive should be considered both a drag on performance and UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Do not store the last copy of any file you can't lose on this drive.

So there are some very good reasons for poor performance. Thanks for the Speccy report.

22 hours ago, Ah Bunker said:

Hi @ViennaKing

As i know all tv or screens are supported. But note that when you enter busy areas then your fps will be lower or maybe lag out.

I suggest to avoid busy areas to avoid getting low fps-

Regards

Ah Bunker

That is not the problem, I tested it on an empty highway with no other players around.

21 hours ago, Adelina said:

1. The CPU is a blistering 98C. That's near boiling point. Check to see if the maker had put on a heatsink and heatsink compound! I see 99C in the CPU section. This CPU will age fast at those temps and of course slow down.

2. The Motherboard is a rather warm 36C with drives at 38 and 39C. That's warm. Maybe the case cover can be left off to cool these parts. (The CPU is far too hot!)

3. There is some USB drive plugged it. Which is bad for performance.

4. Way too many SVCHOST and System IP connections. Read and do the following:
a. https://www.howtogeek.com/224981/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-uploading-updates-to-other-pcs-over-the-internet/
b. Exit Chrome during games.

5. Single channel RAM. That's a performance hit but most of the hit is likely the CPU heat and that USB drive followed by this issue.

6. BIOS is incredibly out of date. Cure item 1 before update.
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B150M-HDS/index.asp#BIOS

7. Internal HDDs are in perfect health.

8. The External HDD is showing signs of failure in the SMART Values 01, 07, BC and maybe others.
This drive should be considered both a drag on performance and UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Do not store the last copy of any file you can't lose on this drive.

So there are some very good reasons for poor performance. Thanks for the Speccy report.

Wrong thread?

Hi @ViennaKing

You should check the tempture on your latop since something getting hot ( I mean way to hot)

This program will help you monitor all temptures on your latop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

As example : If your pc getting way to hot you have fps issues or crash due to the temputure.

Ps: 

MINIMUM:

Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)

You said also it worked before so i asume that your latop cant really handle the dlc of some sort.

I suggest you to run a test to see if you latop can handle it here .

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/euro-truck-simulator-2-road-to-the-black-sea/19304

Regards

Ah Bunker

Edited by Ah Bunker
Added " Check "

On 12/20/2019 at 7:35 AM, Ah Bunker said:

Hi @ViennaKing

You should check the tempture on your latop since something getting hot ( I mean way to hot)

This program will help you monitor all temptures on your latop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

As example : If your pc getting way to hot you have fps issues or crash due to the temputure.

Ps: 

MINIMUM:

Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000)

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB)

You said also it worked before so i asume that your latop cant really handle the dlc of some sort.

I suggest you to run a test to see if you latop can handle it here .

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/euro-truck-simulator-2-road-to-the-black-sea/19304

Regards

Ah Bunker

So I downloaded the program and ran Cinebench test (the CPU was on 100% load the whole time) and this was the result:

spacer.png

As you can see the temperature stayed at at around 70 degrees the whole time on full load. Also I never had any issues regarding overheating on this laptop, since I use a "gaming" cooling pad aswell.

I ran the CYRI test and this was the result:

spacer.png

I play ETS2 and ATS on lowest settings at 1080p (maximum my laptop screen and TV support) but I don't think the resolution could be a problem, so it should work as it did before.

I also checked for the latest drivers for both of my graphics cards and they are up to date.

So I did some testing and tweaking today and I found out that if I launch the game in 32 bit mode it works as it should, so that means theres a problem with a 64 bit version.

That also unfortunately means that I cannot play MP since it doesn't support 32 bit version, but I am now wondering why did 64 bit suddenly broke. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit and 8 GB of RAM installed on my laptop.

So the TV has nothing to do with it, the problem I have now is that 64 bit version lags, 32 bit version works normally. I have googled this problem and I got no results...

Edit: So after some more digging I think I finnaly found the problem, It's the new 1.36 update that dropped dx9 support and now only uses dx11. I downgraded to 1.35 and the game ran flawlessly on 64 bit mode. Still I don't know why I'm having problems with DirectX 11 since my graphics card supports it. Hopefully it's just a bug and it will be fixed soon enough, or I will try to reinstall the whole game if that could fix it.

Hello there! :)

Your topic has been inactive for 5 days since the last reply.
Because of Inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our Support Team members and we will open this Topic again.
Thanks to all for participation!

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

spacer.png