Does Power Corrupt?

Darth Ducky

Hi guys, I just need to vent.....

So I had a user make it difficult for me as I was trying to park my trailer (they sped in and parked over me, making me have to move out and do the manuover again), and in a moment of anger I typed "thanks for being a douche". Not exactly a harsh statement, not even as bad as calling somebody an idiot..... but the person driving with that user was the Senior Community Moderation Manager, who then decided to tell me to watch my language.... and then kicked me for "insulting", and threatened me with a ban next time (I did also type ok boomer, which is also not bad language). The kick completely screwed my game up and took me a short while (and the use of my Task Manager) to finally shut my game of properly. But here is the thing.... I only used the word douche. Now when in the world did that become a insulting word, even worse that calling somebody an idiot (which is allowed nowadays)? It makes me think that sometimes people with power need to control their actions and use a calmer head. Rant over (sorry if I was being a douche).

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

It is an insulting word to a certain extent.  Even if you were not meant to be harsh but the word itself could be.

Take a coffee and relax  :)

Anyway, you can send a feedback ticket.  The forum is not a good place to discuss this.

IMHO, the game moderator acted within his given limits. As such, it was not an abuse of his power.

In general you should not let yourself get carried away. Doing so will sooner or later result in what you just experienced.

My advise to you is:

scream and shout as you please, but do not do it on the radio or in the chat.

In my opinion, what you said could be deemed as a insult or being demeaning to a fellow player, so the moderator/manager acting well within their rights under TMP rules.

You have to bear in mind that just because something to you doesn't seem to be an insult or abusive, to others it could be taken in that way. Its why if someone does something that causes you a problem, you don't react by calling them names, however light and meaningless that name might seem to you, to them it might be quite demeaning.

In that situation, you should ideally either not react or make a joke of it like, "oi, couldn't you see I was parking here already?" or something light-hearted that both shows your annoyance but doesn't make the person feel attacked or insulted by your choice of words. 

You have to remember that you are playing with people from all over the world and so one word can have many, many meanings worldwide, some good, some bad, so you have to be careful about what you say in chat. No matter how angry people can make you feel, screaming and shouting and using words that could be seen as abusive doesn't get you anywhere and in fact CAN land you in deep trouble with you being banned for it. 

I think you see too that the Moderation somehow changes, in the bad. Earlier moderation was better.

warn is enough, kick was unnecessary here, but you see the moderators can't handle both normal players and trolls. They think you're a troll and give you a "hard punishment"

Happened similar to my friend, he was overtaking someone, meanwhile the one being overtaken sped up so my friend could only cause a collision. Obviously that happened, he got banned and after he reported the other guy for inapropriate overtaking, since he was speeding up, the moderator said he won't take any action.

I saw the footage, and could clearly tell that my friend was able to overtake with no problems if the person wouldn't speed up

• Translation Manager

Dear @Darth Ducky,

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that.

TruckersMP team members are volunteer workers for our community, they are working without getting any payment or any favor.

In my opinion, they deserve respect for their hard work and for their time.

You are a "Veteran V" member, I think you know the process better than me. You can send a feedback ticket for your complain. 

One thing doesn't justify the other, though, I think and rethink my future action to a person when he knows he's doing something bad for me and acts naturally as if he's doing nothing wrong. One has to put oneself in the other's shoes before performing such an action and thinking, "Would that make me sad?" or "What do I get out of it?". These are thoughts that at the time of anger make you more thoughtful and calmer to know what action you will take in front of your neighbor's action. In addition, by answering your question in a generic way (in my view): Yes, power corresponds to people. Hope this helps.

I guess that would depend on how much of a snowflake the person with power is ;)

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

• 4 weeks later...

Archived