Snow

Toft69

Hello @Toft69

Read info/status about Winter Mod:

"FYI: We are aware of concerns and questions relating to the support of the winter mod this year. We hear you, and want to update you as to the situation and address questions. 

In order to support the winter modification, we need SCS Software to release the 1.36 version of ETS2. After that, the winter mod creator and TruckersMP developers both need to get their modifications compatible with version 1.36 of ETS2.

Once this all happened, we can look into supporting the winter mod in TruckersMP. We are only too aware of the attraction and appeal that the winter mod brings, and like you, we are also wanting this. Further updates will follow, and we thank you for your patience."

source: https://twitter.com/TruckersMP/status/1201248292694380547 [01.12.2019]

Winter mod for ATS is updated, let's hope they actually add it and not leave ATS in the dust for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row. It's already dead enough and we don't need it more dead because TMP is barely supporting it (except for some convoys but that's about it). It took almost a month for them to update ATS to 1.36 which is ridiculous.

Knowing Truckers MP, ATS Winter Mod will never happen in ATS MP. They stubbornly believe that it doesn't snow in the southwestern states or states with "deserts", despite evidence to the contrary. They also just lack any kind of holiday spirit. Even if what they think were actually true, it wouldn't be any reason to not support ATS Winter Mod simply to share some holiday spirit. I honestly don't expect ATS MP Winter Mod will ever happen. They neglect ATS constantly, are purposefully ill-knowledgeable about the winter weather in the southwest, and lack any kind of soul or holiday spirit. However, I still wait for the day where they'll prove me wrong.  When that day will be? Who knows.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

I think they are plenty talented people who can make snow mod for ATS out in the wild.

There already is a snow mod for ATS. https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/frosty-winter-weather-mod-ats/ It's made by the same guy who makes the snow mod that TMP uses for ETS2 MP. But TMP refuses to support the ATS version for ATS MP every single year. Any excuse that anyone could possibly give for why TMP doesn't support winter mod for ATS MP is invalid. There is literally no reason at all for not supporting the ATS Winter Mod in ATS MP. Truckers MP would only benefit from it, but they appear to be blind to that or they just simply don't care about ATS at all (which I believe is pretty obvious, plenty of evidence for it and no valid reasons/excuses against it), which if that's the case, then they should just stop supporting ATS and go back to being ETS2 MP like they started out as.

17 hours ago, Sanguinem Luna said:

There already is a snow mod for ATS. https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/frosty-winter-weather-mod-ats/ It's made by the same guy who makes the snow mod that TMP uses for ETS2 MP. But TMP refuses to support the ATS version for ATS MP every single year. Any excuse that anyone could possibly give for why TMP doesn't support winter mod for ATS MP is invalid. There is literally no reason at all for not supporting the ATS Winter Mod in ATS MP. Truckers MP would only benefit from it, but they appear to be blind to that or they just simply don't care about ATS at all (which I believe is pretty obvious, plenty of evidence for it and no valid reasons/excuses against it), which if that's the case, then they should just stop supporting ATS and go back to being ETS2 MP like they started out as.

I'm sure there is good reason behind that decision. If there isn't point out to the evidence and I will stand behind you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived