Plays.tv replacement software ???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

Ok, to capture in game footage for my video reports, I was using the plays.tv software for quite a long time and it soon will be dead, and I'm looking at anything to replace the easy of use of it, it was very easy to edit videos and upload them with this, I don't want to upload to youtube on my channel its not where I want to have all my video reports and get people to flag them as inappropriate and such. I don't wanna talk about OBS, way too complicated to use, any other gem that would let me record quick videos of the last 2 minutes of play and not the whole game, and upload it somewhere other than youtube or twitch which aren't the best places for the reports.

76561198104067447.png

If you’re with AMD or Nvidia they both have recording software built in to their graphics card driver software (I use relive and it’s wonderful) I believe there’s a one called Bandicam (never used it) that you could try. Not sure where other than YouTube you could upload it too. (Mine are uploaded to YouTube but set to unlisted with comments disabled. 

I have Nvidia shadowplay (or Experience I think now) but I would prefer using something more like plays.tv I've found something called Medal.tv and I'm setting it up to test it right now, looks like it could do just the work I wanted. I may setup a dedicated youtube channel if needed, but I think medal.tv has a builtin place to share videos.

76561198104067447.png

Nvidia ShadowPlay is really good, obviously you still need to upload your videos though to another platform such as YouTube.
I previously used Plays.TV as well since it was so easy to use and you didn't have to worry about uploading elsewhere, if there is any software that works the same, I would love to know about it.
But for now, Nvidia ShadowPLay works perfectly fine and is very simply to use.

1 hour ago, Callum Johnson said:

Nvidia ShadowPlay is really good, obviously you still need to upload your videos though to another platform such as YouTube.
I previously used Plays.TV as well since it was so easy to use and you didn't have to worry about uploading elsewhere, if there is any software that works the same, I would love to know about it.
But for now, Nvidia ShadowPLay works perfectly fine and is very simply to use.

Look no further than medal.tv (yes its the real address) its nearly a clone of Plays.tv with its own uploading platform, its still in early development and lacks some of the nice features that were in plays.tv, but still pretty good for now.

76561198104067447.png

• 3 weeks later...

When I drive I stream so if something happens I can clip through twitch but if I'm not streaming I just use Nvidia Geforce to either clip the last minute or use it to record. But if you don't have a Nvidia GPU I suggest maybe OBS or Fraps.

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

• Chev locked this topic

Archived