Double trailer disconnected from each other?

Is this something new with the update?

I am playing online and as I pulled away my double trailer disconnected from each other and the cables between to two trailers just stretched really far? lol!

It disconnected after pressing the key to make the wheels go up on the rear trailers but only the wheels on the first trailer went up and then it disconnected (which I noticed as I drove away).

Just now, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

I'd love to see a video of this happening ?

It's not a feature but most likely a very odd but entertaining bug.

I will post the link soon ;)

Those cables must bee made of spider silk or something ?

But seriously, this is some really unique bug, I've never seen anything like that before. I would like to know, if other observing players nearby would see the same thing, or if it was visible only for you.

I have noticed that problem with stiff double trailers of other players is more serious,  - like that second trailer barely bends around the pivot point when turning, instead it slides around the corner. Or is it just my imagination.

2 minutes ago, Granite said:

I have noticed that problem with stiff double trailers of other players is more serious,  - like that second trailer barely bends around the pivot point when turning, instead it slides around the corner. Or is it just my imagination.

I think this is because of desync/latency (That there's a delay from player 1 to everybody else, because, in SP theres no such thing (Ai trucks)). I've seen it too

Player 1 drives his truck/trailers and sees his trailers turning just fine(realistic). But then, because of how the syncing works, it might not get all the info about the trailers position/bending, and then it just ends up almost straight.

Just a guess, but it could be something like that :) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Sooo I'm new but I've been experiencing the same thing, sometimes exiting the game and going back in fixes the trailer, i discovered the bug by getting launched to the moon after disconnecting the front trailer quite a distance away from the 2nd one who i didnt notice until too late didnt move.

Only other info i have is that i can't get any speed when it happens.

I can confirm this bug for ETS2 . 

I took an external job with company b-double trailer, everything was fine until I lifted the trailer axle.

Front trailer's axle went up, but the rear one's remained on the ground and the air noise never stopped.

Trying to pull the trailer caused the rear trailer to remain stationary and the cables between the trailers stretch.

Truck's rear axle was also pushed down and the front axle almost not in contact with the ground and it struggled to pull the trailer.

But there is more problems.

Restarting the game didn't fix anyting, I was unable to respawn the trailer, had to abandon the job

Took another external contract, this time with standard double trailer. Just connecting the truck with the trailer and trying to pull out, without lifting trailer axles, causes the same bug, the rear trailer don't move.

Tried again with standard double again, same thing, even restarting the game again and reloading a save dont't help, seems like now whenever I take a job with company provided double trailer, it's bugged.

It happens with Freight Market trailers and External Contracts trailers, I wasnt't able to replicate this with owned trailer, they dont't seems to be affected.

Done, I have created a support ticket for bug report.

Now this happens to me every time I pick up double trailer. When I start the job in singleplayer, trailer is normal, but loading it in multiplayer breaks the trailer again.

Also the two trailers don't collide with each other inside NCZ, dont't know what happens when you manage to get outside NCZ, didn't have the nerves to stretch the cables that far ?, and it's very hard to move the trailer.

I hope my savegame isn't busted for good, I have level 232 on it and over 1 million km driven.

I don't know about ATS, but it might be affected too. However almost none of the company provided double trailers have liftable axle.

Only one I can find in the listing is the bottom dumper RM double, which, at least visually, comes with lift axle on the front 3-axle trailer, but I was unable to find any jobs with this trailer, it's very rare.

B-doubles, I think don't even appear in freight market or external contract, and don't have any lift axles in the first place.  

well, I have the same issue. I was going for my first job with a double trailer, today I got back into the game after about 3 years and thought I had done something wrong but it seems, it is a fairly new bug?

UPDATE:

Restarting the game and TruckersMP fixed it, I have now the second trailer attached.

Schuubi

It seems restarting the game fixes it rarely as i have actually yet to replicate the fix while trying different double trailers.

So it's only worked once for me actually i suppose.

Might be good for trucking stuff to the moon considering they turn into semi-trebuchets sometimes when they glitch haha.

5 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

Can you send a feedback to the development team so they can work on it.

At least now we don't have flying trailers 

Well now you've jinxed it :P

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same bug. 

Took my first double trailer job, attached the trailer and drove away and the second portion of the trailer is stationary and the cables stretching. 

I haven't tried restarting ETS2/ETSMP - might give that a go. Or just wait until this bug is fixed. Big shame!

I got a reply from support, that the bug is reported, so that means developers are aware of it.

We can only wait for fix, and avoid double trailers for now,  I will be doing external contracts  and working on new achievments in new areas anyway

New version is already out, but I doubt it is already fixed.

If you want doubles, you can still use  your own trailers, these are not affected.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived