Steering wheel settings.

Reaper42

I got the Thrustmaster TMX and it’s great. I have been fiddling with the settings. I was wondering what people use for settings to make it feel more realistic or best performance. Pics of setting would be good to see. I know it’s all preference but this would be a good place to start trying things.  

Hello :)

Make sure your wheel is plugged into a USB2 port directly on your computer and not a USB3 port or a shared USB-Hub. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest Firmware and software for your wheel.

Go through the wizard and set your wheel up. Your settings for your wheel are as follows:

Wheel sensitivity = 100% (full right)
Non-linearity = 0% (full left)

Wheel = Centred
Accelerator = Inverted
Brake = Inverted

Set your FFB settings at about 75% except for the following:

Engine, set that to about 5% otherwise your wheel will shake too much.
Terrain, set that between 5 - 10% otherwise your wheel will shake when driving on gravel or bumps.
Collisions, set that to 0% otherwise if you are hit or hit something it will jolt your wheel which can give you a shock if you are not expecting it.

They are the settings I have used for my T500 RS, my G920 and my G29 wheels and they give perfect sync with the in-game wheel.

Just one more point. Leave your settings in your Thrustmaster control panel at default settings

And read more this guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-your-thrustmaster-racing-wheel-pc

• 3 weeks later...

Archived