Too few players on Promods servers.

ROADY'O

First of all I am grateful to have Promods servers and play them exclusively. Unfortunately since the Promods release there are not enough players to adequately fill the servers. It was split at first but many of those on Promods server have gone back to the Main server due to more players there. For the size of the Promods map there needs to be more than 3000 players so it's not empty roads all the time, now there are fewer than 2000 most of the time.

Well basically they cannot do much. If you really would like to see many players try to drive around Kirkenses. That is the bussiest city in all of Promods I would say.
Promods has such a huge map, so many opportunities to drive to. The chances are low that you will see a player driving in the same area of promods like you.
Another point is that many people still do not have all of the map DLC's or don't know how to install promods. That means that they are still playing on the normal servers
You cannot really do something about the Promods server being empty I believe.
But if you'd like to see many people go to Kirkenses!

This will be mainly due to players not owning all of the required (map) DLC's in order to use Promods.  Currently and until December 3rd.  DLC's relating to ETS2 and needed by Promods are included in the Autumn sale (Here: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/227300/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2/#browse)

Because of this players have have a better chance of buying said DLC's due to them being cheaper.

Another way is to shout at people to go on the Promods servers but I highly doubt that'll work ;)

To be honest, the promods server suffers from the same problem as the simulation servers, there’s one area of the map that’s particularly busy, ProMods it’s kirkenes, sim servers it’s Calais and Duisburg, which leaves the vast majority of the map quite desolate and quiet. 

ProMods also suffers because yo need all the current map DLCs in order to play, which is fine for those of us who have owned the game a long time or have simply kept up to date with DLCs, but newer players or those who can’t afford or don’t want the DLCs can’t play. 

As long as you either stick around Norway and Finland, or head through the UK and Iceland, you’ll see a lot of players on average, but most of the map south and east are quiet, same as in standard servers, south UK p, north france and surround areas are busy, but further north and east and south are Gerald quiet, it’s just part and parcel of online, everyone goes to the places that there’s the most going on.

The actual reason people went back to vanilla is because it's actually better quality than pro mods. Pro mods has some neat stuff but I think overall it actually isn't that good. I used it for about 6 months but after a while I began to realize.... most of what promods adds is MORE, but not BETTER than the unmodded content. Plus there's a good amount of assets used in pro mods that feels out of place. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

15 hours ago, MadCowTransport said:

The actual reason people went back to vanilla is because it's actually better quality than pro mods. Pro mods has some neat stuff but I think overall it actually isn't that good. I used it for about 6 months but after a while I began to realize.... most of what promods adds is MORE, but not BETTER than the unmodded content. Plus there's a good amount of assets used in pro mods that feels out of place. 

I read that when you use vanilla maps you also need the Promods map  so you need 2 maps to play.  for Promods you need only Promods , also Promods is better then the basic map server 

I think it has a lot to do with the 'honeymoon' period has ended. It was the big new thing for a month or so, now so many people have explored the go-to places, and it's lost its appeal. It is such a shame that a lot of people stick to the same .1% of the ProMods map, but the truly dedicated players will be travelling all over it. I've certainly seen players in almost every corner of the map, and I don't doubt that I will continue to do so :D

Best Wishes;

RB :)

I'm seeing an average of 1500 players every evening (so from 18 to 22), peaking out at 1800 at 21:30. Weekends are a different thing for all servers, I honestly have no idea how many players join on weekends.

Tbh, the saint road over in Kirkenes is as much of a hellhole at 800 players as it is at 1800, I've yet to break my 2hr record on a round trip there:D

From my viewpoint, firstly, not all truckers own all map DLCs, and then it is not quite convenient to find how to download and install promods file in promods' website, next, truckers cannot do the World of Truck missions in the promods server. In the end, promods' map is so huge that it is not easy for every trucker to see each other. Maybe that are the reasons : )

Btw, I owned promods already <3

Best regards

[Chenxi/404]*イリヤ---Chenxi VTC's member

Well.

As you can see people want to go in one place where is many players. Like, look on server Simulation 1, players are only around interesting cities/roads/places for them, for example, Calais-Duisburg road, Calais city, Duisburg, Berlin and other near cities. I think that will never change, maybe just a bit if players start driving to different locations than C-D road. Map without ProMods is empty in many places and how we can think that ProMods map will be more busy? Other thing when people don't have all map DLC/have weak pc etc. They just won't drive PM and stay at Sim1/2. Really, there's many reasons why is situation like that and many people know this. 

Anyway, on PM we can see much players near one place because it's funny and they want to waste 2/3 hours while waiting for nothing. xD

That is quite a problem with ProMods been such a big map, however there is really a solution for anyone.
It is just a case of people buying the needed DLCs and downloading ProMods. Which in all honesty is easier said than done.
I do hope the community continues to grow and more people start playing on the ProMods server, time will tell I suppose ?‍♂️

I don't think it's such a dramatic thing, it depends on how you play it, but above all who you play it with.
Let's say that the promods servers suffer from the same problem as the simulation servers, 98% uncrowded streets, 2% is crowded.
Then you have to keep in mind that to play Promods you have to buy all the DLC Maps, and it is a cost that many people do not do because they simply do not care.

In my VTC, for example, most people play in Promods, so I think it depends a lot on what kind of player you are
If you are one who likes to travel or one of those who hopes to spur the Youtuber on duty to end up in his video

• 3 weeks later...

Archived