Future of ETS2

19049_Spy

There are a few things I would like to see, obviously not all at the same time or anything but heres a shortlist...

~ Spain & Portugal: I know a small part of Spain is already in ProMods, but I would love to either see them expand it or SCS add it to the base game as a DLC.
~ UK Upgrade: I would love to see them upgrade the United Kingdom, it is so neglected at the moment, add more varieties of roads, more cities, more counties, maybe even Northern Ireland and Ireland as well.
~ More trucks: There is already a variety of brands in the game, but I would love more, as well as more in ATS. Maybe older styles of trucks like vintage ones and just generally older types.
~ Little Extras: A couple of things I have always wanted that are simply small things is the ability to open and close your windows of your truck and truly hear the engine roaring, Maybe even the ability to get out of your vehicle and walk around, have a limited radius of where you can walk around the truck, just to give it an extra realistic touch.

2 minutes ago, Callum Johnson said:

~ Spain & Portugal: I know a small part of Spain is already in ProMods, but I would love to either see them expand it or SCS add it to the base game as a DLC.

I could not agree more!
The Iberian Peninsula DLC (Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain) is definitely something I am looking forward to. Some sources state that according to Pavel from SCS it is supposed to be released in late 2020.
I hope it will be released way sooner though, as IMHO it is a historically very important part of Europe that should not be neglected to the very end.

What do i think? Well seeing the progress of ETS2 right now, The future seems to be heading to a right path for the game. 

Here's what i think will happen: 

• New maps: Probably Balkans first, As that is what most fans ask for. I've also heard about Iberian Peninsula. Definitely would love to see SCS mapping places around the Iberian Peninsula. I know there's a small part of spain in Promods, But it would be cool if SCS finishes that and expand mapping the Iberian Peninsula. Who knows what We'll see after that. 
  • Rework on old parts on the map: I would love to see some map reworks. SCS did a great job on rebuilding Germany. The Germany rebuild project shows that SCS is much better at mapping then how they mapped the game 6 years ago. Some people mostly want a rework on the UK, I do agree, As the UK is really bland in the game IMO and doesn't have a lot of scenery around. Probably after the UK rebuild They'll probably touch on some areas around going east. I would love to see how SCS reworks on GE and Poland specifically since thats a need of a rework too. 
  •  New trucks: An obvious choice. I'm more specifically on older trucks, As most people like older trucks and such. That doesn't mean kill off the newer trucks, I love seeing some newer trucks in the game. But most people would be happy that x old truck is in the game. 
  • Sound reworks: I'm more talking about some of engine reworks. Like for example, A engine rework on the old TGX and the Actros MP3. Actually both of these trucks share the same engine sounds in-game. As long with the Renault Magnum, Premium, And XF105. To me, It feels uncomfortable hearing the same engine sound of a different truck. Definitely would bump up the realism even more IMO on a sound rework on these trucks. 

That's all that i can think of. We'll just have to see where this goes. 

I would like to see:

- More trucks (some classics would be splendid as well)

- Rework of older parts of the map and also old trailers such as: panel, car carrier, tanker and so on

- Additional World of Trucks achievements and maybe special rewards for those who did hundreds and hundreds of World of Trucks deliveries so far

- Bus DLC

As the others already said.. there is a lot more to come. In a certain way they can keep working on this forever.

ETS has great potential and it will remain a great game to play. Just look from where the game started and look at the current result. There is a lot to do ingame and I am sure the devs will keep improving it.

12 hours ago, Zulnex said:

I would like to see:

- More trucks (some classics would be splendid as well)

- Rework of older parts of the map and also old trailers such as: panel, car carrier, tanker and so on

- Additional World of Trucks achievements and maybe special rewards for those who did hundreds and hundreds of World of Trucks deliveries so far

- Bus DLC

I hope that's come.

Honestly, I would like to see reworks to the base map areas, much like in Germany, along with more cities/town in these older parts of the map, but also I’d like to see there works to expand to include the “going east” DLC map areas seeing as they are the first “DLC” areas added to ETS2.

Also I would like to see more DLC areas that expand into pretty much all directions much like ProMods does.

As for Trucks, I’d like to see more new gen and old gen trucks added in, along with tuning packs for Volvo, MAN and Renault, also include more variations of trucks, such as more LGV/fixed chassis trucks and longer wheelbase 6x4 variations.

in terms of trailers, more ownable trailers such as low beds and tanker trailers.

Theres a lot more SCS can add to ETS2,, it’s all about being patient and seeing what comes out.

1. In terms of maps, I guess there are some obvious things. Portugal, Spain, Balkans, Malta, remaining parts of Scandinavia, remaining parts of UK, remaining parts of Russia and remaining parts of Turkey.
2. Remake of Germany should continue and remake of UK should start.
3. More truck brands and models
4. That is the most important one imo. Player actions such as getting out of the truck and being able to check tyre pressure, change tyres, refuel, have a coffe break, etc.

I would like to see some Russian trucks. I know that there are mods out there but I do not like them. Mostly because it seems that Either the real Russians or the modders have forgotten about the noise. I doubt that a modern Kamaz in 2019 is making the same noise as trucks from "1950" ( the last said with a smile).

I would love to see that SCS is creating some more of Russia.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived