Game crashed - FATAL ERROR (Windows November 1909 Update)

[VIVA] Jayme

Question

Hi.

Today I was forced a Windows 10 update which has led to TruckersMP / Euro Truck Simulator 2 to crash an absurd amount, randomly whilst driving along.

Since the update, I have tried to drive from a number of places, all of which have resulted in a crash within 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes.

I have sent my crash.log file to the developers when I was prompted with the following message: "An application fatal error! Do you want to send crash.log file to developers?" although I felt like opening a ticket here to speed up the process.

My last_crash.log file from within %userprofile%\Documents\ETS2MP can be found here: https://pastebin.com/raw/TYVBR8sC.

If there's anything else you require to help diagnose the issue, please let me know and I'll upload and post it here.

Thank you in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jayme

Edited by [VIVA] Jayme
Re-formatting.

9 answers to this question

Hi.

So... since my previous forum post (which hasn't yet been reviewed by a Moderator as of 18:51 GMT).. I decided to go ahead with a clean install of Windows 10.

I had originally downloaded the MediaCreationTool1903.exe from Microsoft's website, however, on installing it had checked for updates and installed 1909, which I was having problems with.

On checking, the OS Build appeared to be an earlier version compared to the latest build I was forced by Windows the other day. Below you'll find the information on the build.

• Edition                Windows 10 Pro
  • Version               1909
  • Installed on        19/11/2019
  • OS Build              18363.418

I went ahead and reinstalled Steam, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and all of the necessities I use day-to-day and hoped for the best as I launched the game and begun driving.

I was able to complete a short haul job without any crashes. I drove from London → Cambridge and Kotka → St Petersburg without any problems whatsoever.

Afterwards I went ahead and installed the latest updates from Windows and repeated the process.. and as to no surprise, crashed.

The update in which caused the crashes for me was 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4524570).

• OS Build              18363.476

As this was an update I installed, I was able to go into "View Update History" and uninstall it from my system, going back to OS Build 18363.418.

If you happen to come across similar issues, read below as I explain how to uninstall an installed update via Windows Update Settings.

Step 1: Press the Windows Key and Search for Windows Update Settings (Open Spoiler)

Spoiler

image.png.bc3b443f594c219a9e0a4561d89a0ce3.png

Step 2: Once the Window has opened, select View update history (Open Spoiler)

Spoiler

image.png.4aed6df47a058402352e5183b87b6407.png 

Step 3: Click the first option, Uninstall updates (Open Spoiler)

Spoiler

image.png.b8c1012456109e6699676c8d84d31845.png

Step 4: Search and/or Select the following Update from those listed. Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4524570). (Open Spoiler)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f45590a879d0d4cf5bf3a9a1c6022dc8.png

Step 5: Restart your system once prompted. You should be all good afterwards. Do not Check for updates, else it'll likely reinstall the update.

I appreciate all of the help received, and I hope my step-by-step guide can help somebody out dealing with the same, if not similar issues.

Best Regards,

Jayme

Edited by [VIVA] Jayme
Fixed up one of the images.
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, [VIVA] Jayme said:

unfortunately they haven't solved the problems

Hello @[VIVA] Jayme , this update probably affected the additional plugins that are installed in the game, namely

> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll

Try moving the files to another folder and trying to start the game without Tobii support.

If this fixes the problem, you will need to write SCS and report it, as this is most likely their problem.

Since you have confirmed this,

8 hours ago, [VIVA] Jayme said:

Unfortunately, yes. I have tried running the game from Steam in Single Player, as well as OFFLINE mode from the TruckersMP launcher, both of which result in crashes after a few moments of driving.

Then this is most likely the problem.

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

Hey!

From what we see, seem like you have a good PC.

This happens if you want to play in SinglePlayer?

That happen in other games (if possible demandant)?

Have you tried playing with Dx11? Although it is not in a final version, maybe you can play easily.

Try to play with a new profile.

The first thing you should check. if it is not your Eye Tracking problem, if possible, uninstall or weaken this feature, as well as the plugins (telemetry).

Verify that you have the latest updates, both from Windows Update, and from your graphics driver.
Try reinstalling Directx 9 (features versions less than 11) as well .Net Freamework (4.8).

Try cleaning your PC of temporary files, registries and junk files.

You can also verify that your hardware is not failing, both Ram memories and the video card. There is a lot of informatión on internet to how do it, but if you want I can give you a hand.

Although it may a bit tedious.

Also like a last option, if a "patch version" does not appear, you can try to undo the question update about you think has been the problem.

(I would show how do it, but I use another language in my Windows, so, could be a bit confusing)

Regards ^_^

Hi.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, @Teyos and @RecterX!

Unfortunately after further testing, my game proceeds to crash. Below I'll breakdown all of the things I've already tried, and if things come to worse, I guess I'll try a clean install of Windows 10.

15 hours ago, Teyos said:

Hello,

Did you try this ? It worked for for me few month ago and I can see in the comment it worked for other peoples, I hope it will work for you too !

Have a good day and drive safe :)

Teyos

I have followed the instructions listed in ResTed's post and unfortunately they haven't solved the problems I'm having with Euro Truck Simulator 2, despite a number of users reporting it a success.

13 hours ago, RecterX said:

Hey!

From what we see, seem like you have a good PC.

Have you tried playing with Dx11? Although it is not in a final version, maybe you can play easily.

The first thing you should check. if it is not your Eye Tracking problem, if possible, uninstall or weaken this feature, as well as the plugins (telemetry).

Verify that you have the latest updates, both from Windows Update, and from your graphics driver.
Try reinstalling Directx 9 (features versions less than 11) as well .Net Freamework (4.8).

You can also verify that your hardware is not failing, both Ram memories and the video card. There is a lot of informatión on internet to how do it, but if you want I can give you a hand.

Although it may a bit tedious.

Regards ^_^

I have a fairly decent PC, and I haven't come across any issues with the game in the 200+ hours I've played. However, since the recent November 2019 update of Windows I'm running into issues, which sucks.

If you're curious as to what my specifications are, I have listed them below.

• CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.00 GHz
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Unfortunately, yes. I have tried running the game from Steam in Single Player, as well as OFFLINE mode from the TruckersMP launcher, both of which result in crashes after a few moments of driving.

I have tried Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) since the latest Windows 10 update and my game hasn't had any noticeable issues whatsoever. If anything my FPS seems to have improved.

After your suggestion I had tried the following: DirectX9 (64bit) and DirectX11 (64bit - Experimental) both of which result in crashes to the Desktop. Although there's no "FATAL ERROR" pop-up in Single Player.

I've tried both my existing profile and a fresh profile with and without ProMods enabled, of which both result in the same issues.

I don't have Eye Tracking. The telemetry plugin is for VIVA Trucking's Tracker. When I continued out further testing in Single Player, I had this piece of software closed entirely so the cause isn't linked to this.

I was forced the latest version of Windows, which is OS Build 18363.476 - Version 1909.. and since then I've had these issues. My GeForce Drivers are up-to-date also, version installed is 441.20.

I have a number of games and software installed which have both DirectX and all versions of .NET Framework installed. Everything was running smoothly up until the latest Windows 10 update.

I've cleaned up my system files using Disk Clean-up. This only freed up 26.0 MB.

As mentioned above, my PC is stable, these issues have only came around since the latest Windows 10 update that was released on Tuesday. You can read more on the update on Microsoft's website. Link.

As I waited for my response to be reviewed by a Moderator of the forums, I had reinstalled Euro Truck Simulator 2 and the problems still persist. (Edited).

If anybody else can suggest anything, that'll be greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is a fresh install of Windows 10, as this will only install the latest build being 18363.476 - Version 1909.

Thank you again for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Jayme

Edited by [VIVA] Jayme
Added additional information before review.

5 hours ago, Savage. said:

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you where looking for with the above answer?

Please let us know that way we can keep the forum nice and organised to move it to the correct place.

Kind Regards,

Savage

TruckersMP Support

I have indeed found the answer / solution to my problem, thank you. For those who run into similar issues, I have marked the solution as the "best answer".

You may proceed with moving the forum post to the correct place as the problem is now solved.

Best Regards,

Jayme

• Like 1

Hello there! :)

We are glad to hear, that you were able to solve your Problem.

A huge Thanks to everyone, who tried to help here!

If you require more help in the future, please feel free to create another Topic or a Support Ticket.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Solved

spacer.png