The end of save edit...(?)

So today I noticed this post by Max from SCS Software over on their official forum:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=280827#p280827

This was posted very recent I think, as I was able to donwload the program a few weeks ago. (Yeah, I am aware that the time stamp on Max's post says 20 august 2014, but he probably edited his original post recently. Normally this is visable when a post is edited afterwards in some way, but i guess that rule doesn't apply to the Yellows (SCS Staff) on the forum.)

As he stated, they gonna limit (?drop?) support for their inhouse build save game decrypter, which probably means you will not be able to acces your save game files and do all sorts of handy stuff, like save edited trailers, save edited truck accessoires, etc etc.... Even money edit and xp edit won't be possible anymore..

Why? Well, Max stated in said post also that save game files are filled with huge amounts of data, basicly almost everything you do in the game like buying garages, buying and pimping trucks and trailers, every accesory you put on your trucks and trailers,  hiring drivers and assigning them,... as well personal data from your profile, discovered towns and citys,... is stored in that one SII file. Alot of that data is "connected" to eachother in a way if you alter one thing, you could break your whole save file, making it useless and causing crashes, bugs,... - Which for SCS proves hard to detect sometimes when you for example file in a bug report on their forum if I understand Max's post correctly.

At the time posting this, save games can still be decrypted using the decrypter (that is, if you still have the decrypter on your pc since the program is wiped of the internet and can't be found anywhere..)

Does this mean we can still use the decrypter in future updates of the game, or do you think SCS will bring out an update that locks (encrypts) the save files again and making the decrypter unusable?

And if SCS decides to encrypt thier files again, I don't think there will be a way for a hobby/pro programmer (like some of the TMP Staff) to design a decrypter, since you'll need a custom algorithm to crack SCS's code. And that would prove a difficult task I think even for your most seasoned programmer/hacker. The encrypted files are not excactly just a bunch of binary 0's and 1's.

Anyways, I don't want to jump conclusions to early, so we will have to wait and see..

Good morning @DubbelDraaiDeur

1. I checked. This post has not been changed recently. The content is the same as :

• 5 years ago:
    Spoiler

ekzl7f0.png

• 2 years ago:
    Spoiler

Sp4WMd1.png

• current post content:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         well, from this moment we are forced to limit support we are able to provide to anyone. now every game can be also broken by edited save that we cannot generally detect.                                                              save file was encrypted because of huge amount of interconnected data in the save that has to be consistent.

2. Actually is informations about this file on topic forum scs: "[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]"

3  I just think you could ask your questions here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103&start=290 After that, you will should to receive answer from SCS staff.

Have a nice day & Happy Trucking?

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

On 11/14/2019 at 9:12 AM, Forerunner said:

You can make a mod for a truck dealer (or trailer dealer now) which adds a hybrid truck or modified trailer.

Well, guess I'll have to start learning about that :D any tips or tutoriouls you know off? I did all my trailer modifications via save edit..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived