Navigating in Duisburg

danielagostinho
Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent or correct information. Please bear this in mind if following this guide.

I've started playing ETS2MP about a week ago. I've noticed that Calais, Duisburg and the route Calais Duisburg is really high populated. The main diference between Calais and Duisburg is that at Duisburg you have mostly one lane for each way: If someone stops, everybody stops creating a big stop'n'go traffic jam. Meanwhile, I've been trying diferent routes than what the GPS gives me in order to reach my destination quickly (We don't want to annoy our customers), so I figure out some of the best routes to get in the city depending on where do you want to go.

The main rule about these routes is "If you don't need to go to services, don't go in front of it"

The second rule is "Pass in front of the garage only if there's a clear path in front of it"

With some more additional rules, I design some diagrams based on it

In the diagrams bellow are represented the routes you might consider when entering Duisburg

The green ones represents the routes of most success

The yellow ones represents the routes to follow if the green ones are more congested

the red ones represents the "Avoid at all costs" routes

Outdated Content Warning! - Some changes in the city of Duisburg by the truckersMP team such as changing the service station location and implementation of a Non-Colision Zone made this guide somewhat outdated and may not carry such a reliable information as it used to when it was first made.

The diagrams represent entering in the city, but it might also work while exitingKolnpng.thumb.png.e6bff1b9577acac481a0ff7854ed34a4.pngOsnabruck.thumb.png.909defcc1557f0b4015b0b9518c5cbc9.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there @Daniel_Agostinho

Thanks for making this guide!

At the moment, this guide is outdated as it describes old Duisburg; before the changes made by the Add-On Team. Therefore, your instructions may be false and do not represent the current structure of Duisburg.

Please would you be able to update your guide so that it refers to new Duisburg, otherwise I may have to edit or archive your guide.

- Phon

- TruckersMP Community Manager

Hi @Phon!

I'm aware of the outdated state of this guide as there have been changes to the location of service. I was hoping I could start testing this week , the different routes and see what is best for each destination . Meanwhile I went to duisburg to see where are the major congestion points and noticed that a Non-Colision zone was applied to the entire city, making it harder to get any information and even after that would be completely useless for any user trying to get to the city.

Since there have been changes to Calais that makes the roads from 4 lanes both ways into 2 lanes both ways, I might in the near future make a similar guide to this city,but in the mean time, no planned update to this particular guide.

Thanks for your reply! Great to see you have plans to update this guide, there's no rush - we're simply checking whether there are plans to update at all. As there are, I'm happy to leave this guide.

May I recommend adding a little note at the top of your guide where you state that the content may be outdated, but is being actively worked on? This way, people can have a heads-up that the guide may contain older content.

• 3 weeks later...