Me, my dad and one other person have a question. Are the rule clear to players, Moderators and admins?

Yes or no?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are the rule clear to players, moderators and admins?

2. 2. Do you think that Moderators and/or Admins under 18 yo should be running the server if they aren't incapable of following the rules their self?

3. 3. Do you think the Forerunners need to address the situation and should inpower respect to everyone?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/19 at 09:56 AM

Hey there, 

I've heard from from many users that some of the rules in-game have been over reacted and when the situation was explained to my dad he felt the rule was far, but not used as it intended purpose. 

The question to the thread was to find out if the rule when playing ATS and ets2, are clear to players and admins.

§2 - Game only rules

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment.

There is a big difference between emergency braking and someone brake checking you.

Emergency braking is, well braking hard when there is something on the road to avoid an imminent collision and it is not against the rules.

On the other hand, brake checking is purposely hitting the brakes when you feel someone is following too close or to annoy them, that's clearly against the rules.

But without a video of the event, there is no way to clearly determine which one you are talking about.

I'm not sure I'm following you, did something happened to you or your dad? Are you trying to say that the rule about emergency braking is not clear enough for players and admins?

Strangely enough, there is no specific rules about that. It comes down to this:

§2 - Game only rules

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment.

9 minutes ago, Sysgen said:

I'm not sure I'm following you, did something happened to you or your dad? Are you trying to say that the rule about emergency braking is not clear enough for players and admins?

Strangely enough, there is no specific rules about that. It comes down to this:

§2 - Game only rules

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment.

I'm saying the rules aren't clear to players and admin. Sorry for confusing you. About my dad, he doesn't play games in general. This happened to someone else. Again, sorry for confusing you. ? (Good vibes)

The rules are perfectly clear to me, and it boils down to one simple thing; don't drive like an idiot. Honestly, most of the rules are very, very simple, the only ones that MIGHT be more difficult to understand are the ones surrounding modding.

11 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

The rules are perfectly clear to me, and it boils down to one simple thing; don't drive like an idiot. Honestly, most of the rules are very, very simple, the only ones that MIGHT be more difficult to understand are the ones surrounding modding.

And this is where the a certain majority on TruckersMP users have no clue about the game or don't really know what their doing, I agree. We have trolls in the game that are making ets2 not fun. I have seen one server and I couldn't even believe what I was seeing. One being the ets2 pro server and It just an cluster punk. I just started to understand the road laws and haven't been banned. With the situation that happened, users that did the emergency brake was doing this safely, which has a driving licence, and made sure they performed the remover safely. Yet, this was made as brake checking (he wasn't infront of anyone) or drag racing (basically racing on the streets), which never happened and had a two day ban. This is where Sysgen that the understanding of the rule aren't clear, and referred to players and admin. Yet the question is clear for those who understand the road law. So the question is if it clear to everyone and not a single person.

12 hours ago, Sysgen said:

there's plenty of other rules that aren't clear.

12 hours ago, Sysgen said:

Are you trying to say that the rule about emergency braking is not clear enough for players and admins?

2 hours ago, ZEUZZ said:

And this is where the a certain majority on TruckersMP users have no clue about the game or don't really know what their doing, I agree. We have trolls in the game that are making ets2 not fun. I have seen one server and I couldn't even believe what I was seeing. One being the ets2 pro server and It just an cluster punk. I just started to understand the road laws and haven't been banned. With the situation that happened, users that did the emergency brake was doing this safely, which has a driving licence, and made sure they performed the remover safely. Yet, this was made as brake checking (he wasn't infront of anyone) or drag racing (basically racing on the streets), which never happened and had a two day ban. This is where Sysgen that the understanding of the rule aren't clear, and referred to players and admin. Yet the question is clear for those who understand the road law. So the question is if it clear to everyone and not a single person.

actually I know where you are going with that rule it clearly states all road rules must be obeyed @ lights,stop signs, crossing etc which is true but I seen so many people not even stopping at lights or stop signs if there is more then one person at them  I got told this ( if your at set of light and only you is there is ok to run the red, BUT if one truck or player is near you or approaching these lights all rules must be obeyed ) but I have seen so many so many admins at phoenix when players run 1-2 stop signs just out side of service centre no action has been taken but if you do you might get banned for ramming or wreckless driving because ( people don't relize every red light or stop sign they run though if they hit any truck or trailer they can be banned for wreckless driving or attempt to ram) why I stop at every red light and record every piece of game play when im on MP I had so many people abuse me while I stopped on red light just waiting for that one day some-one rams me for it because they be on video :) 

My golden rule that I often share with other players is simply this: when approaching a stop sign or stop light, obey the traffic laws if there is traffic at the intersection or approaching the intersection. This way if the other player is not following traffic laws, at least you are and will be covered/protected under the TruckersMP rules if an accident/event happens. I will often run stop signs and stop lights if there is no traffic. I am constantly watching my 'players near you box', my GPS for blips, and have a live map running on my second screen or laptop so I know if traffic is coming before I even see them on the 'players near you box'.

3 hours ago, -WWA- said:

My golden rule that I often share with other players is simply this: when approaching a stop sign or stop light, obey the traffic laws if there is traffic at the intersection or approaching the intersection. This way if the other player is not following traffic laws, at least you are and will be covered/protected under the TruckersMP rules if an accident/event happens. I will often run stop signs and stop lights if there is no traffic. I am constantly watching my 'players near you box', my GPS for blips, and have a live map running on my second screen or laptop so I know if traffic is coming before I even see them on the 'players near you box'.

I also looked at this rule on many occasions, and notice some thing. With the following: §2 - Game only rules "Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment."

Does this mean that section 2, of the TruckerMP rules and guildlines applys to moderators, admins and players?

If so, that means the moderators, admins and players are equl to all the rules in-game and for TruckersMP Team can't use the power they been given to ban if they feel like making that the situations was something more then it is. Basically let say, If you went into another driver from behind by accident and in chat the person said sorry to the other drive and verything was settled there and then. Yet, the moderator or admin would make a ban and say "the driver infront brake checked the driver behind you been banned for 2 days". Yet, the appeal would be put in place and the email of appeal is nice to read and is asking for help. The moderator or admin say "You must be more respectful towards admins" the appealer email was respectful towards admins. The power would be used incorrectly and would be look into professionaly, Just because the moderator or admin didn't know the rule. Am I right to believe so that would be the case?

While rules are fairly simple I feel they are enforced much to heavily. I have been banned without even knowing it once most of my bans are driving the wrong way and its not like I'm reckless. When exploring large exchanges and such sometimes easiest is to go backwards i only do it if there is a wide shoulder if i see someone coming on tab i pull over all the way on the shoulder. Many players care more about getting people banned then driving which is where I think this game takes itself a bit too serious. While meanwhile trollers slamming into you and brake checking you never see something happen to them. Moral of the story drive by the book there are no warning in this game its straight ban period and with this game this is the only multiplayer you got so if you hate it well sucks to be you since you ave nothing else. SCS needs to fix this I would love to see some steam servers so we were not all ruled by 1 team on 1 server database. I also would like traffic but overall while rules can be clear sometimes they are enforced wrongly on people. I had a friend get banned because he was having bad desyncing issues and some how hit a fence and went flying. I have had my fair share of troubles in this game with the rules. When a friend gets stuck on a fence you simply can not turn around and ram him since that is then a ban on reckless driving wrong way driving and ramming even though it simply was me just trying to help move a friend off a fence. Also my first ban was legendary no details can be added though.

The user has been allowed to reply for sometime with no replay mean I WAS RIGHT. This also mean that the forerunner needs to address this and a age 18+ only admins and moderators are a MUST to ensure everyone is respected, If we look at EA They have a special team that looks at every report before it decided to kick or ban and for how long. This includs Moderators, Admins TO Players at all times. under 18 yo should NOT be running a server if their uncapable of following the rules and respecting those in-game. To say that this is not respectable to the TruckersMP would not be correct as I have respected on all replys by former team members and Game Moderator and LIKED their comments on ALL times. Also I have piled Evidence that prove my finding so I can't not be banned for finding the truth.

Copied and pasted

Thank you for the reply that help me with my findings, yet there one issue with that post. there was a 14 yo that introduce a ban to a player.

This is the proof of one of the findings. with respects for you I can understand that your no longer a team member to truckersmp but this came from a user that . Can't be anymore clear then that. So this must mean the the person applying is lieing for the requirements. Also take a look at the top of the picture, I Quote "If an admin or mod ever try to use the words (YOU MUST RESPECT SCS STAFF ALL TIME)" word to word. Look at the rule section 5.2, I Quote "Please note that the creators of the TruckersMP mod are not linked to SCS in any way shape, or form."  The last section to the rule does add more questions. The word exempted what does that intell? Does it mean to exempted from the rules or exempted from the rules if there unwell? "if deemed necessary for their duties." could you confirm what this full mean?

findings copied and pasted

The fully understand that some user would vote yes, knowing the question is a trick question "Do you think that Moderators and/or Admins under 18 yo should be running the server if they aren't incapable of following the rules their self?". I expected some users to pick yes to troll the polls. I had full intenstions to catch them out. The question as always going to be No if the person with the right mind picked. The question is a tactic get the trolls to voting yes.

Findings copied and pasted

Ok, so you prefer to believe some dude that you don't know, who was banned 10 times, he was never part of the TMP team and can't figure out that TMP is not linked to SCS, than me, a mature adult, who was part of the team for more than two years, never been banned, always followed the rules and knew pretty much everyone in the team. Ya, some proof, LOL

The situation that happened with me and sysgen and were finding out that the situation was a misunderstanding at the time. Sysgen isnt crazy with the situation im speaking with sysgen about what happen. To sysgen i do apologize for my misunderstanding about the situation had no intentions of coursing you any trouble by me. The thread got out of hand but i assure at the time before were in good intentions to help and I didn't want to make the situation more then it was.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has been inactive for more than 14 days. In order to keep the forums organized, it's being locked and moved to the Archive. @ZEUZZ, as you're the OP, feel free to send me a private message in case you want to re-open it.

//Locked and moved to the Archive.

Thanks everyone for your participation.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

Archived