Elaboration of rule §2.5 (reckless driving) regarding ProMods servers

Jeroen

• Business Analyst

Suggestion Name: 

Elaboration of rule §2.5 (reckless driving) regarding ProMods servers.

Suggestion Description:

In ProMods there are numerous 'secret roads', i.e. roads that are not shown on the map. According to rule §2.5 (reckless driving) it is prohibited to drive outside of the map boundaries, including spots that are inaccessible by normal driving. In the case of the ProMods servers this rule is open to multiple interpretations because most secret roads are in fact accessible by normal driving but are not shown on the map. I have not experienced it myself yet, but I have heard several people complaining about getting kicked on such roads, so there is at least some misunderstanding.

My suggestion would be to allow driving on the secret roads that are accessible by normal driving (i.e. not blocked off and connected to a mapped road) and prohibit anything else (such as driving through grass fields and over water). 

Example:

from

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights and road signage, speeding, racing other users (except for the Arizona race track), ignoring other players and rules. Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. Using the ghost mode feature to go around traffic jams. Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision.

to

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights and road signage, speeding, racing other users (except for the Arizona race track), ignoring other players and rules. Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. On the ProMods servers it is allowed to drive on roads that are not shown on the map, provided they are accessible by normal driving (i.e. not blocked off and connected to a mapped road). Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. Using the ghost mode feature to go around traffic jams. Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision.

Why should it be added?:

To clarify whether one can drive on 'secret roads' in ProMods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • True Story 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...