Average age of ETS driver

andy Suter

average age of ETS2 player  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Im Curious what the average age spread is on the forum/game. I think it would be quite a mature audience but i think we may be surprised. If you are willing please enter your age band below. Ive kept the poll private so people cant see who voted. And as an added question, tick if you have a real life driving licence also.

• 10-17
    • 18-30
    • 31-50
    • 51+
    • Yes i have a driving license
    • No I dont have a driving license

^If you think 26 is old then by your standards I’m an old aged pensioner. I have 11 years on you (37) and I don’t consider myself to be old. ?

That’s a totally fair point and one I was conscious of when creating the poll. Ive tried to keep it as anonymous as possible and just for clarity, even as the OP I can only see how many have voted in each category, not who voted for what, so I guess the same as everyone else.

Interesting results so far though, most players (on the forum!) are within the 18-30 age bracket with a clear majority, and some way behind is the next band up, 31-50.  The over 50’s and under 18’s are very much  minority groups.

As expected, most users have a driving licences but I am surprised at how many don’t. I wouldn’t have expected a RL non driver to be interested in a driving simulator game but im clearly wrong as I guess you don’t need to be a solider to play Call of duty.

I also expected the majority group to the over 30’s as I had In my head that trucks and HGVs are something that would be more appealing to an older person than a 20 something. Again, I way off on that one

Maybe the poll also helps TMP with an indication of their player base.

I think there are more people under 18 on the servers than  just 4%. I think this is due to the fact that there are a lot of children who don't speak english properly, and most of the toppics are English. So they don't visit this forum very often. Also when I was 13/14, I didn't quite felt the need to visit any fora. But now I'm  a little older(18 years as we are speaking), I'm starting to like to spending some time a this forum. Especially talking with other 'truck drivers' since none of my friends likes these kind of simulation games. 

I'm never too late, nor am I early, I arrive precisely when I mean to

I'm 28 with a car and PSV (bus) driving license. I play ETS2 usually when I need to unwind, and when I can't afford to do my other hobby which is recreational...

...driving. Fuel costs a fair bit these days.

11 hours ago, Dogbert said:

66 and retired PSV Class 1 driver (double deckers).

I didn't know PSV was divided into classes, unless it's an outdated system. As soon as I passed my PSV test in 2017, I was allowed to drive both single and double deck buses; shows on my licence as Cat D and D1.

From my view point, not everyone can play ETS2 very well. At least, players have to know some basic ways of driving and some basic European traffic rules in order to avoid bothering other players : )
I'm twenty and I have  the driving licence as well, I think I can do well in game XDDD

Quite a few of my friends are not 18 years old and drive, as I try from time to time.It doesn't depend on age, it depends on the skills of the one sitting behind the wheel!I hope some people will understand what is happening every day on the roads and get a little quiet.I hope they figure out what the fast speed is and don't think that an important person is waiting for them!I hope to reduce road accidents and get some people sober or drug-free. :) 

Archived