110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

8 hours ago, Lukassrs said:

Why 120? 110 kmh is quite sufficient for a truck simulation, isn't it?

I personally would rather lower the speed limit than increase it.

As mentioned before, there is an arcade server where you can play if you want to drive faster.

Arcade is always empty plus its boring to play without collision.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i think that the limit is fine, this prevents people from driving stupidly which also helps people enjoy the game more rather than being crashed into all the time. I'm not saying that this stops it but it defiantly reduces it 

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Kevin Nielle said:

If you are planning to simulate a Truck driver, you should obey some speed rules as well. 110km/h is a decent limit for players who seek as much roleplay/simulation as possible. 

If you want to drive fast with your Skoda, you should try other games :)

Actually 110km is not even a sci-fi scenario with 20/30/40/50t+. We didn't drive with 110 when we had tachodiscs and we could throw one and change it middle of the route or use pre-written but unnamed (for those reasons). It is not possible for truck to steer properly or to stop in short time and with a short braking length in case of an emergency brake or situation. The maximum i drove in my life with tachodiscs was 93-94 MAX and that downhill so i wont burn my breaks (ofc in that case, i mean that affter immediately follows uphill where you can regulate you speed in a natural way without to eat you retarder valves or your brakes. Its pity that nowadays the scanias dont have the old exhaust brake. That was really helpful...

So why in the game as it is a clear (by name and functionality) truck simulation. Why the limit should be 110 or 120 or even 100???

Lets try to get it closer to the reality with more realistic rules or according to the eu official rules for the road transportation with vehicles over 3.5t.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:36 AM, dacia1310 said:

You know you are funny. So you claim that many accidents are caused bcs the fast & the curious players cannot overpass? Then THEY SHOULD STAY BEHIND AND FOLLOW, as all the good players, drivers...osv.

You are really funny. If you wanna crash trucks dude go play 18wos ptm or one of that game series. 

Thanks that you made my night better with that post. ???

14 hours ago, ReierV8 said:

You know you are funny. So you claim that many accidents are caused bcs the fast & the curious players cannot overpass? Then THEY SHOULD STAY BEHIND AND FOLLOW, as all the good players, drivers...osv.

You are really funny. If you wanna craah trucks dude go play 18wos ptm or one of that game series. 

Thanks that you made my night better with that post. ???

what did i say ? please remind me because i don't see anything that i said ..

its empty on that  space...

1 hour ago, dacia1310 said:

what did i say ? please remind me because i don't see anything that i said ..

its empty on that  space...

Yeah, the quote thing didnt work at all this time. Pffff.... 

Anyway, let me remind you the comedy you offered to the community here:

---

i don't hate the limiter, but i think they didn't think it straitly 100% (the managers)even with this limitation a lot of accidents happen because they cannot overtake u properly especially on highways  when someone is driving slowly, he can overtake u ez, but when u find someone who wants to be in front of all others and he cannot stop hes "stupidity", because he wants to pass everyone even that he has a equal speed as u do because sometimes i cannot explain why even that u have 110km/h he passes u slowly...... and he ends up upside down. 

To my knowledge, the road between Duisburg and Calais is in good condition and therefore does not need to be fixed. 

The reduction of the speed limit however is not a mean to counter troll acitivities or poor driving skills but to decrease the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

---

To your knowledge my friend, you have no clue, what you talk about, neither knowledge, nor sense of conditions( im not insulting, neither degrading, nor anything else. Just talking straight and trying to explain. Not bad when someone is wrong or doesnt know or understand few things bcs of the specific lack of the proper info). If you want ro overpass wait until you reach a downhill or stay behind as i was saying. If you think that calais-duisburg area in sim 1 is ok and theres no reason for correction then again you are wrong. The place is a pure lag. 200+ players constantly idling, parked wherever they want, doing whatever they want, crashing on you and they report you too. So, you are damaged and reported with a well edited video. Btw, is lagging so hard even the strongest machines with the best monitors are struggling there. 

To my point now, from MY working and driving experience (16 years on the EU roads) i ended up to a conclusion which actually i use here too as it keeps me safe and im always able to reach my destination. The slower, the better. The slower you go, the better you can handle a vehicle with total vekt 40t/50t, the slower you go, the better you can steer and control your vehicle, the slower you go the less tickets you will get and the less points from your license you will lose (that last in reality, but also you avoid to get fined here, in-game). Also you are avoiding the most important flaw here: the accident, a death, destruction, mass destruction and all the horrids you can possibly imagine. 

Thats why i said that it was very funny. That game gave to many people the chance to feel how is the whole thing, how it feel to sit behind a steering wheel(without that to allow you to feel the volume of the vehicle, the cargo weight, floods, the cargo volume, strong winds, and the road traction) but still its a good simulator, the best so far and it does what it promises you. So, by that i will finish saying that you have a good chance to get closer to the reality and to the life of a real truck driver by driving the right way, respecting the rules, respecting the road users around you and by trying to create from null something(calculating fuel costs, driver's expenses, truck services, damages and etc) that really exists in reality. 

Hopefully i covered your empty spaces. Btw2, if you want increased speeds go play dirt. Its very good but you will need a very good driving setup (fanatec is pretty much good i would say for that kind of driving). 

Kind greetings

ReierV8 

Troms Cargo AS

On 1/28/2020 at 2:22 PM, ReierV8 said:

Yeah, the quote thing didnt work at all this time. Pffff.... 

Anyway, let me remind you the comedy you offered to the community here:

---

i don't hate the limiter, but i think they didn't think it straitly 100% (the managers)even with this limitation a lot of accidents happen because they cannot overtake u properly especially on highways  when someone is driving slowly, he can overtake u ez, but when u find someone who wants to be in front of all others and he cannot stop hes "stupidity", because he wants to pass everyone even that he has a equal speed as u do because sometimes i cannot explain why even that u have 110km/h he passes u slowly...... and he ends up upside down. 

To my knowledge, the road between Duisburg and Calais is in good condition and therefore does not need to be fixed. 

The reduction of the speed limit however is not a mean to counter troll acitivities or poor driving skills but to decrease the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

---

To your knowledge my friend, you have no clue, what you talk about, neither knowledge, nor sense of conditions( im not insulting, neither degrading, nor anything else. Just talking straight and trying to explain. Not bad when someone is wrong or doesnt know or understand few things bcs of the specific lack of the proper info). If you want ro overpass wait until you reach a downhill or stay behind as i was saying. If you think that calais-duisburg area in sim 1 is ok and theres no reason for correction then again you are wrong. The place is a pure lag. 200+ players constantly idling, parked wherever they want, doing whatever they want, crashing on you and they report you too. So, you are damaged and reported with a well edited video. Btw, is lagging so hard even the strongest machines with the best monitors are struggling there. 

To my point now, from MY working and driving experience (16 years on the EU roads) i ended up to a conclusion which actually i use here too as it keeps me safe and im always able to reach my destination. The slower, the better. The slower you go, the better you can handle a vehicle with total vekt 40t/50t, the slower you go, the better you can steer and control your vehicle, the slower you go the less tickets you will get and the less points from your license you will lose (that last in reality, but also you avoid to get fined here, in-game). Also you are avoiding the most important flaw here: the accident, a death, destruction, mass destruction and all the horrids you can possibly imagine. 

Thats why i said that it was very funny. That game gave to many people the chance to feel how is the whole thing, how it feel to sit behind a steering wheel(without that to allow you to feel the volume of the vehicle, the cargo weight, floods, the cargo volume, strong winds, and the road traction) but still its a good simulator, the best so far and it does what it promises you. So, by that i will finish saying that you have a good chance to get closer to the reality and to the life of a real truck driver by driving the right way, respecting the rules, respecting the road users around you and by trying to create from null something(calculating fuel costs, driver's expenses, truck services, damages and etc) that really exists in reality. 

Hopefully i covered your empty spaces. Btw2, if you want increased speeds go play dirt. Its very good but you will need a very good driving setup (fanatec is pretty much good i would say for that kind of driving). 

Kind greetings

ReierV8 

Troms Cargo AS

My friend, i was speaking in general i didn't speak on my name... i have my driver's licence over 14 years a go u don't have to give me notes... and i`m not stupid u should not insult anyone even try ... because maybe if u say that u can be considered the bad guy.

secondly when u drive slow like u said u drive, maybe in your back are 50 cars that are very angry of your drive and maybe accidents may happen because of your "driving"

this is a game ok simulator as u said but its just a game and its not even close to be a reality ... because i drive trucks in real life and i can tell u its not even a half of reality .. u cannot feel anything u are driving relaxed every time, but u don't feel the real faitugue simulation like in real life... and then this quote

"To my knowledge, the road between Duisburg and Calais is in good condition and therefore does not need to be fixed. 

The reduction of the speed limit however is not a mean to counter troll acitivities or poor driving skills but to decrease the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed. "

its the comment of another player that had his opinion ... like u have yours, like i have mine.

i just said that because of this limitation more accidents happens frequently .. and i don't care if u understand what i say or not its my opinion... i don't think its funny what i say...

when you will convince me that this is a real life game maybe i will take your advice in the future, but till then u should not say that i don't have a clue or lack of what i`m talking a bout i didn't tell u nothing about your opinion...or to insult u.

with this i close my quote.

Thank you.

On 7/11/2019 at 15:05, MAESTRO ZIIKOS said:

¿Cuál es el significado de esta alteración? No hay diversión en el juego después de que esto suceda, muchachos, debemos hacer que escuchen este absurdo inconveniente, así que apóyenme contra ellos para obtener mejores resultados, ¡LOS LÍMITES TIENEN QUE IR! Entonces, ¿qué estás pensando al respecto?

Hello!

The limiters have been activated to be able to drive more safely between trucks and it is something that has avoided many accidents and problems between drivers. Like many people agree with you, I must say that the limiter has done a lot of good to this server, and if you don't like it you can always choose to play alone.

I hope it helps you!

21 hours ago, dacia1310 said:

My friend, i was speaking in general i didn't speak on my name... i have my driver's licence over 14 years a go u don't have to give me notes... and i`m not stupid u should not insult anyone even try ... because maybe if u say that u can be considered the bad guy.

secondly when u drive slow like u said u drive, maybe in your back are 50 cars that are very angry of your drive and maybe accidents may happen because of your "driving"

this is a game ok simulator as u said but its just a game and its not even close to be a reality ... because i drive trucks in real life and i can tell u its not even a half of reality .. u cannot feel anything u are driving relaxed every time, but u don't feel the real faitugue simulation like in real life... and then this quote

"To my knowledge, the road between Duisburg and Calais is in good condition and therefore does not need to be fixed. 

The reduction of the speed limit however is not a mean to counter troll acitivities or poor driving skills but to decrease the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed. "

its the comment of another player that had his opinion ... like u have yours, like i have mine.

i just said that because of this limitation more accidents happens frequently .. and i don't care if u understand what i say or not its my opinion... i don't think its funny what i say...

when you will convince me that this is a real life game maybe i will take your advice in the future, but till then u should not say that i don't have a clue or lack of what i`m talking a bout i didn't tell u nothing about your opinion...or to insult u.

with this i close my quote.

Thank you.

Again you dont tell me nothing. From trucking and laws very few people in my life could stand my points. Now if you drive 14 years, the way you drive, if you ever used magnets, pins, double cards and etc...i dont care. Until i see you on the road beside me i cannot express my opinion about your kind but about the limits here i can as i see more and more players who demand stable 90. If im thr bad guy here or not, you can ask many guys in-game who know me but also in real life with real names, telephone numbers, addresses and etc. Now to our topic, the limit MUST be 90. If you see calais and duisburg in sim1 ok, then your driving perception is a pure null for me and for many others who have the same complaints, same problems. If you like to chill in those areas with friends and just idling you must know that you all bother other players with low graphics power and low power machines, you overload the server, you ara the cause of the nonstop lagging there and so on... 

Ps: about real trucking, i dont want to hear again personalized opinions. Im fed up from all those super road stars everyday. Btw: i didnt insult you directly but mate it was really funny what you wrote about calais and those affected areas by idlers, also that the curreny speed is ok bcs other players cannot overpass and etc. That was absolutely funny. It's hilarious and you have to accept it bcs that was tragic you wrote. I dont say that you dont know a thing but about the game it was just funny for me at least. Dont take everything personally. After all we talk about a game. Most of the players are just for fun (crashes, flying vehicles, super spinning vehicles and etc), some of the players are trying to get closer to the reality the more they can, the more possible...bcs that's how they enjoy the "game".

Thanks for the laughter (about the specific things i already mentioned above). It was my pleasure to reply back mate. 

Kind greetings 

ReierV8 

Troms Cargo AS

Hola, la limitación de 110 km / h es bastante buena ya que en los viejos accidentes de velocidad <EU2> era una historia diaria, ya sea por querer llegar rápido o por tratar de hacer que un juego de simulación sea una de las carreras tipo NFSU2. Pero es cierto lo que dicen mucho sobre esa medida determinada, después de que él no ha hecho los cargos y disfruta de las leyes como debería, un igual quiere "divertirse" e ir un poco más rápido pero también poder "colisionar con otros." ... pero según mi opinión debería haber un servidor especial para eso ... uno en el que si uno quisiera ir a  50 km / h o 150 km / h, puede, además de tener colisiones pero atender posibles reparaciones o prohibiciones que esto conlleva.

Pero ahora una pregunta para todos los que leen mi publicación es ...... porque aunque hay un servidor tipo "arcade" sin limitador ... la mayoría de los jugadores prefieren ir a un simulador con limitaciones de velocidad pero con colisiones activadas ?? ?

atentamente.

13 hours ago, Balakitos said:

But now a question to everyone who reads my post is ...... because although there is an "arcade" type server without limiter .... most players prefer to go to a simulator with speed limitations but with collisions activated ???

Well spotted - that is the striking paradoxon.
Some players ask for a server without speed limiter, but when they are suggested to use the arcade server they refuse because of the missing possibility of collisions.

15 hours ago, Balakitos said:

But now a question to everyone who reads my post is ...... because although there is an "arcade" type server without limiter .... most players prefer to go to a simulator with speed limitations but with collisions activated ???

Maybe because:

1 - They want speed but they want, even more, the chance to crash others.

2 - The Simulation 1 server is almost twice as big as the Arcade one. It's the same that happened before, most people would use the EU#2 server even if they were not speeders, simply because it was where most other people could be found.

That's what my friend was going to do, despite the fact that there is arcade, if you see the TMP servers it is Sim1 and to a lesser extent Sim2 the ones that take the most players due to ..

1. having more presence of players gives a more realistic sense of simulation.
  2. with the activated collisions there is another "sensation" but it is also a kind of plus to handle the defensive-offensive, or greater precision in the senses to have to see all sides
  3. besides there is a greater control of the routes and in addition there is the most used route of all TMP ... the calais-duisburg route ... and if we add in addition to the existence of the famous "funny moments" ... many players In the majority noobs want to go out in those videos but not as quine records ... but who executes the impure actions.

kind regards

On 12/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, BANG_ItZ_DaViD said:

If you were trucking in real life, i dont think you would be blasting it down the highway at 120km/h. Its Simulation 1, The name says it all

I did drive for real 40 years on road never had a speeding ticket  trucks are limited to 56 mph  in  uk  ,  its up to the driver if he,s daft enough  to speed  , not been on for a while  due to bad  health 

Hello, the idea of lowering the 110 limiter is not good, because if we go last year before the limits were lowered, many accidents occurred for this reason and derived actions such as bad overtaking, racing between trucks and loss of control of these . In addition to the limit of 110km / hr is more reachable by "slow" trucks so faster models will not improperly overtake them by just going "slow" since they will be in terms of maximum speed "equal", in addition to the fact that Actual limits are 90-80-50 km / hr in certain areas of the game. We must also remember that this is a simulation game and not GTA or NFS and there are dedicated services for "running", such as "arcade", but without the possibility of collisions since that is the main reason why the limit was reduced .

Kind regards

Archived