110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

truckersmp is not real world nor NFS. It just partialy prepares urselves with real world situations. for guys who say this isnt nfs and real world has speed limition, does the speed limition controls ur truck? Of course not.

every driver has to know what the other driver is going to do THERE IS A MAP THAT SHOWES PLAYERS. 

Ok lets say this speed is fine for trucking but what about car drivers who are driving in German Autobahns. there is almost no speed limition for cars at all. 

On 12/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, CarCat said:

Also, because ProMods doesn't have Arcade, maybe you could use the simulator as a simulator. Just a thought.

I am Skoda. Say something bad about skodas and you'll regret.

The "Simulation" stuff that isn't a simulation is the reason why I am waiting for other multiplayer mods. Enough of TruckersMP.

Driving 200 km/h with the skoda, and trying to not flip over. This is TruckersMP. Not "Simulation" Servers that are filled with trolls. That isn't TruckersMP. The new staff is ruining the old TruckersMP, the way it was meant to be.

well, maybe it is not the simulation we like, BUT there is totally no need to drive more than 110. 

the time it was allowed is a horrible history. yeah it was fun sometimes and i drove my 150+ down in italy. ONLY WHEN NOONE WAS NEAR ME. 
but on the other side, it is so expensive to drive at that speed and really not realistic. 

i would say they could set speedlimit to 100 or 97, thats UK speed :D 

i would be totally fine with it. i play this game to drive and have fun. not race

As a large number of people have mentioned, TruckersMP is designed to be and supposed to be a Simulation environment. It is for people who enjoy the game for the simulator it is to be able to drive together.

110km/h is already faster than trucks go in Europe, and there is absolutely no need to increase it further because it’s “no fun”. If you find fun only comes from driving fast, maybe Forza is for you, not TMP. 

On 12/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, jimmy mack said:

you miss my meaning  on bypasses and motorways the speed limit is 56   ETS   but when you hit a city limit  it drops to 37 or 40 ? yes I agree you need limts on the roads going though towns but not  on bypasses that go round them ?? in real life theres not a blanket speed on motorways or bypasses 

You mean a situation like this?: somethimes near citys while you still driving on the motorway, you get a message that you entered a city and thus the city speed limit kicks in, forcing your truck from 110 to 60. And while you drive further away from said city, you get a message you are leaving the city and you can drive 110.

Insn't that because TMP city speed limit is based on the city borders SCS implement in the map?

Example:

Think about it this way, draw an imaginary cirkel around any city on the map, those are city borders implemented by SCS (when you hit such border, you discovered said city) Now anything within that imaginary cirkel technicaly is city envoirment, including some stretches of highway.

Tmp follows these border for their 60km/h speed limit, thus making some highways around a city suddenly a 60 zone.

It's a simple example to back up the statement, so in reality it might be a bit different in game.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, [Lima-CEO] Phon said:

As a large number of people have mentioned, TruckersMP is designed to be and supposed to be a Simulation environment. It is for people who enjoy the game for the simulator it is to be able to drive together.

110km/h is already faster than trucks go in Europe, and there is absolutely no need to increase it further because it’s “no fun”. If you find fun only comes from driving fast, maybe Forza is for you, not TMP. 

Sure, it is faster than trucks go in Europe, but you have to realise there is no constant traffic in TMP like there is in single player or IRL.

That being said, I am actually totally fine with the 110km/h for trucks. What I'd like to see is the speedlimit of scout/skoda/superb increased, just slightly, to something like 120km/h so you can actually overtake trucks :p. If you want a realistic truck simulator, you can't have cars not being able to overtake trucks.

1 hour ago, Korrektor said:

Sure, it is faster than trucks go in Europe, but you have to realise there is no constant traffic in TMP like there is in single player or IRL.

That being said, I am actually totally fine with the 110km/h for trucks. What I'd like to see is the speedlimit of scout/skoda/superb increased, just slightly, to something like 120km/h so you can actually overtake trucks :p. If you want a realistic truck simulator, you can't have cars not being able to overtake trucks.

Absolutely agree. Regardless of vehicle, I'll generally do about 103-105 with non-heavy cargo since that allows me plenty of braking distance (and 85 with heavy cargo because its such a chore just to get that far). With the winter mod I top out at 80-85 with my truck regardless of cargo and 90 with the Skoda and then just leave as much extra distance as possible.

I've also adopted the mentality of avoiding overtaking as much as humanly possible because I hate being that guy that just forces their way through and overtakes like a complete toolbag.

15 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Absolutely agree. Regardless of vehicle, I'll generally do about 103-105 with non-heavy cargo since that allows me plenty of braking distance (and 85 with heavy cargo because its such a chore just to get that far). With the winter mod I top out at 80-85 with my truck regardless of cargo and 90 with the Skoda and then just leave as much extra distance as possible.

I've also adopted the mentality of avoiding overtaking as much as humanly possible because I hate being that guy that just forces their way through and overtakes like a complete toolbag.

Well then don't overtake like a toolbag ?.

Jokes aside, I don't overtake with my truck that much either, unless it's the gift bois or heavy cargo. What really just boggles me is not being able to overtake a truck with my skoda on a 6 lane motorway in Germany for example.

Anyway it's just a thought, or a wish. I can think of some negatives of increasing the skoda speedlimit too. It generally depends on the community whether the players can and want to play within reason and with some sort of respect to others or not.

On 11/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, Erik0301 said:

@FernandoCR [ESP] The point was that people who drive normally will drive normally everywhere and people who want to drive like idiots will drive that way,  whether if they're in city with 60km/h or on highway with 110km/h, (also they will drive on sim1 because there are a lot of people) the only good thing of the speed limit is that tmp has fewer reports, but if tmp stuff wasn't lazy, this won't be necessary. I suppose you would say that this is good for us too, because there won't be idiots to ruin our deliveries and trucks? well, if you drive somewhere away from the c-d there are not really people who will search for only 5-6 persons to damage them, idiots are always on the c-d, whether if there's speed limit or no so if you wish to go there well.. it's on your own risk, but this has nothing to do with the speed limit. 

That's funny considering I try to avoid C-D like the plague and a good chunk of my 400 reports are from Sweden, France, and Eastern Europe.  You can claim the TMP staff is lazy but really you just want to speed and crash into others.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:38 PM, MadCowTransport said:

Nobody wants to play on an arcade server with no collisions enabled. It doesn't matter if you never hit anyone, hopefully nobody INTENDS TO... but just knowing that its ghost mode everywhere makes the whole thing feel fake. If they had just copied sim mode, except without speed limits.... arcade mode would probably be more populated. 

Boo Hoo, you can't speed and crash into players, wahhhh.  It's hilarous listening to how many players claim that it's not about the collisions but the speed, yet they all refuse to use the arcade server because they can't crash into people.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, kmankx2 said:

Why not have a collision server without speed limits separate from the 'realism' servers then? Then the people who want to RP all the time can go on those servers and the people who actually enjoy going fast and having the threat of crashing. 

I dont understand why you are forcing part of the community to just stop playing rather than give us our own server? 

I mean the real reason is because you know it is popular and most people would use it, stopping it because of that is simply not fair. Yes some of the more experienced members who run this community like RP all the time but so many players do not.

I've said this before but I'm ok with TMP getting rid of the speed limit if they increase the punishment times.  If you people want to speed and crash, go for it, but you should have a month long ban (minimum) even if it's your first accident.  But then so many of you kids would be whining and bitching that you were speeding and crashed and are now banned from the game and "TMP admins are the worst", and blah blah blah.

Hello everyone,

I had an idea in the past but nobody listened to me, I suggested that TMP should create a simulation server for people who are playing the real simulation, and there apply all the current rules, and create an aracade server (with collisions) where there is no limit speed and where they will apply only the rules for hacking and insulting. We should recognize that it is not the majority which is playing simulation, am I not right? Then people who like playing like in Forza Horizon 4, could all go on this server. Then all the people who play the real simulation (the base of TMP) could have their server without encountering troubles. ?‍♂️

Archived