110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

@Joao Rodrigues

Exactly, 

The point of the journey IS the journey.

Blasting along at 110km/h on a busy road where you are having to jump onto the brakes because you have come bounding up  someone whp for some is seen as pam uber simulatoriche nazi who is doing the speed limit, wait for a gap between and charging off in an overtake to get into a small overtaking gap can't be enjoyble 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how some people think that going 150-180 Km/h makes them earn so much time when doing a job. But then, from what I used to see in EU#2, they had to load autosaves so many times that in fact they barely earned some minutes over someone who drove slower but never had to load autosaves. I've seen people overtake my truck like rockets when I was doing 80 Km/h. And crash a bit ahead on the road. And some minutes later, they were overtaking again. And again. Funny also how they would be able to do this same thing now in the arcade server, with the added advantage that at least they wouldn't destroy others when they crashed. But they don't use the arcade servers, they just keep complaining about being "forced" to drive slow and demanding that the Simulation server's speed limits be raised or removed.

Then there's the people who say that they can drive safely at 180 Km/h but they won't use the arcade server because it's no-collisions. What's the need for collisions-enabled arcade server if they are so certain that they can drive at ultra-high-speeds without crashing others? I mean, they would never need to drive through other trucks, they'd simply use their driving skills to avoid them. Not saying that there aren't any people who can drive safely at high speed. The problem is that when high speeds are allowed in a server, they are allowed for everyone, the safe ones, the reckless ones, the ones without skills or poor controlling options (keyboard, mostly) and the trolls. That's why a Simulation server without speed limits makes no sense. There would be (again) too many people going full speed without the skills (or without caring) to keep others safe.

. The problem is that when high speeds are allowed in a server, they are allowed for everyone, the safe ones, the reckless ones, the ones without skills or poor controlling options (keyboard, mostly) and the trolls. That's why a Simulation server without speed limits makes no sense. There would be (again) too many people going full speed without the skills (or without caring) to keep others safe.

And to play ETS and  ATS you need to be smooth and keys don't give you that 

20 hours ago, gronygroovy said:

Nope, I like it and would even have a more realistic speed limit if I had the chance!  Only thing we NEED to get rid of now is the Cars that deliberately pull in front of you and then deliberately troll-brake and when you hit them u lose the entire job! PLEASE ban the stupid cars! 

Personally I'm not a fan of the skoda for  gemerald driving but they do have their uses with heavy haul teams, so long as they don't break rules, I have used them in a couple of streams, starting in a caravan park, commuting to work, swaping to truck.  

Keeping to 56mph in ETS and 65 in ATS certainly got a few drivers eyes when  it's the skoda being overtaken rather than overtaking, but that's just my driving style.  

As for the limit, my view is simple, all because you can do x, doesn't mean you should.  

Shame about the crash I was in near the end, probably my fault. Lol

I absolutely disagree this as one of the polite drivers on ETS 2 at 2 clear points:

• ETS 2 is still a Simulation game
  • More speed = More accidents + Some bans at the end -> More reckless drivers = Less polite drivers

I think 110 km/h is really correct and fair and this is just for everyone good and less dangerous to get damaged. Also for those ones, who can't really drive polite and normal, because they are getting less bans. There is also a Arcade Server and the Singleplayer for those ones, who wants to drive "faster" with the trucks then 110 km/h and if they don't like it, ETS 2 is nothing for them, maybe more Need for Speed or other racing games, where you can drive reckless.

@Mister_Manson Welcome to the forums buddy,

the trouble is with the limiter, most players see driving games in the same vein as Assetto Corsa or I-Racing.  Here, ETS and its sister game ATS are indeed racing although not against each other but against customer deadlines just like the real world, however like the real world too, players are penalised for damaged cargo.  As such the game was set up, complete with 90km/h limiter (untickable) to replicate this very fact and the physics are indeed of those of a truck, hence why the Skoda goes over so easily, its centre of gravity is a few feet above the car so it is actually quite top heavy. 

the limit used to be 150km/h and players would try to do that EVERYWHERE, this means that players who drive somewhat "sim style" often ended up getting skittled by the 150 club, and then blamed for the accident because we were going too slow (whilst running on the 90km/h limiter).  This problem will continue until TMP player base changes for a more mature base. 

if TMP were to drop it to 90km/h i wouldnt be bothered in the slightest as I run with both in game limiters turned on, so its 90km/h in ETS, 65mph in ATS, ive been honked at, and reported for blocking for simply sitting at a red light, and you will probably find the players who want the limit removed are the same players who report people doing 80km/h for driving too slowly and getting in the way.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, CarCat said:

If anything it should be the other way around. Anybody who has played the mod for this long most likely does it for realism. Also, people would complain about it being unfair. I've never felt the need to go above the speed limit (highest anywhere in map is 100), and if you want to you can play in arcade.

Want to hear something unfair? Veterans, that slowly get slower speed limits. That is unfair. Also, ProMods doesn't have Arcade.

I don't know why is it not unfair need over 150 k/m. But now it is too slow 110 km I feel like free other Arcade any speed you want making any own.

It is not nice on great road in European.

I completely disagree.

It's a "Simulation" server, it's meant to be as realistic as possible. 

There is an arcade server with limited rules, which nobody takes for granted.

If you like racing a truck, play on the arcade server or check out FIA European Truck Racing Championship.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Hello, 

Due to the fact that this conversation has turned really toxic, combined with countless reports against this post this is an Official Warning to everyone here. 

Any posts that will be inappropriate, insult anyone or purposely provoke other users, will be immediately hidden and you'll receive appropriate punishment for your actions. 

Discussions are always welcome on our forum, however they must follow our set of guidelines. 

Kind regards, 

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

banner

On 12/8/2019 at 4:56 AM, poland.ball said:

Want to hear something unfair? Veterans, that slowly get slower speed limits. That is unfair. Also, ProMods doesn't have Arcade.

Want to hear something unfair? The fact that us Veterans and people who like to play the servers as they are meant to be played get punished for following the rules as if it is a Simulation on the Simulation server. Realistically, I can drive all over Europe on the highways without having to repair my truck from stupid accidents every 5 minutes. If it's a simulation, I should be able do that. I'm about done with people who will relentlessly speed uncontrollably and crash into others.

Also, because ProMods doesn't have Arcade, maybe you could use the simulator as a simulator. Just a thought.

*also, don't ban me for this. I never insulted anyone, I am stating facts and my opinion, I never named any names, and the things that sound "toxic" are me sarcastically wording things.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, shaaka said:

for me the speed at 110 km is correct and I got used to this speed
but the speed at 60kmh in the city is too low
example in istanbul there is a autoraute which is limited to 90kmh
but we can not go more than 60kmh ... it's ridiculous
I think the speed of 90kmh in the city would be more acceptable

Agreed. Maybe not quite 90 in the city, but definitely more than 60.

I drive on the road  speed limit. Sometimes 10% over on loger streches of highway where I can gain time if needed but never over 90 km/h.

I would intorduce speed bonus, for every hour of server time playing the game 1 km/h more on the speed limit ?.

1 hour ago, Tedy_Games said:

Why would they delete speed limit most of truckers are here to enjoy and not drive like in racing games.

You can always buy NFS or any other racing game and drive faster.

Forza has racing trucks as far as I’m aware,

maybe some of you guys should check that out if you’re wanting to steamroll highways or bang each other. 

All in all, ATS and ETS2 is a real life simulation, a simulator of what driving a truck is like. The only time I’ve seen a truck doing over 80mph weaving in and out of traffic is when his brakes failed. Other than that, it doesn’t belong in TruckersMP.

Responding to OP: 110 needs to reconsider? You're right. 90km/h would be much better suited for the Simulation servers than some absurd 110.

General response: I follow the limit. I don't care that someone else is going 110+. If they hit anyone, it's their fault. Not mine. Limits are limits, not minimums. If I want to go 110, I will go 110. If I want to go 50 in a 60, I will. There are no rules against it, just like there are no rules against going over it. If you are going the limit, you are technically already speeding.

All are free to pass me, however I will not help you break the rules(overtaking in high population), but I also won't prevent you from breaking the rules as they would make me break the rules(encouraging rule-breaking). But I will hug the shoulder and give you as much room as you need, but it's your decision to overtake and your punishment if it wasn't safe. I don't even play with player blips. Too much information.

My result: 110 is already too fast when the base trucks can't even handle 90 on most 2-lane curves. Be happy that you can go 110 or go play on Arcade. That's what it is for.

Archived