110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FernandoCR [ESP] The point was that people who drive normally will drive normally everywhere and people who want to drive like idiots will drive that way,  whether if they're in city with 60km/h or on highway with 110km/h, (also they will drive on sim1 because there are a lot of people) the only good thing of the speed limit is that tmp has fewer reports, but if tmp stuff wasn't lazy, this won't be necessary. I suppose you would say that this is good for us too, because there won't be idiots to ruin our deliveries and trucks? well, if you drive somewhere away from the c-d there are not really people who will search for only 5-6 persons to damage them, idiots are always on the c-d, whether if there's speed limit or no so if you wish to go there well.. it's on your own risk, but this has nothing to do with the speed limit. 

Nobody wants to play on an arcade server with no collisions enabled. It doesn't matter if you never hit anyone, hopefully nobody INTENDS TO... but just knowing that its ghost mode everywhere makes the whole thing feel fake. If they had just copied sim mode, except without speed limits.... arcade mode would probably be more populated. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

@Erik0301 I stopped going on the C-D road a very long time ago, when the "Idiots on the road" videos became popular and made so many more idiots go there. This was long BEFORE the "Road to simulation" changes. Meaning that I used to drive and keep driving all over the map. And I can say that since the 110 Km/h limit was set, the number of times that I've been rammed is less than 5% the times I was usually rammed when the limit was 150 Km/h. Believe it or not, but the speed limit has a lot to do with crashes. TMP has fewer reports, you say that yourself. Why do you thing that there are less reports? Because there are less "accidents". Quite easy to see that.

@MadCowTransport The way you put it, it would seem that those people don't just want to drive fast... They also want to be able to crash others. Because it shouldn't matter if there are collisions or not, if someone only wants to drive as fast as possible, that's what the arcade server is for. No one is forced to go like "ghost mode" all of the time driving through others, it would be as simple as "play as if there were collisions, even when they aren't". But people don't do this. Those players want the speed AND the collisions with others. Well, there's a game for that, it's called Wreckfest and it has multiplayer mode. Making the arcade server with collisions would have probably made it to be more populated. With all kinds of idiots, trolls on one side and the rest of players on the other, sending even more reports than before... I don't see how this could be called an improvement.

Why not have a collision server without speed limits separate from the 'realism' servers then? Then the people who want to RP all the time can go on those servers and the people who actually enjoy going fast and having the threat of crashing. 

I dont understand why you are forcing part of the community to just stop playing rather than give us our own server? 

I mean the real reason is because you know it is popular and most people would use it, stopping it because of that is simply not fair. Yes some of the more experienced members who run this community like RP all the time but so many players do not.

5 hours ago, kmankx2 said:

the people who actually enjoy going fast and having the threat of crashing

Those people are playing the wrong game. A truck simulator is not for going fast and crashing. NFS, GTA or even better, Wreckfest, that I mentioned before. Racing while crashing others. Added bonus: All players there will be looking for the same thing, unlike TMP, where most players don't want to be crashed by idiots out of control at too high speeds.

23 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Those people are playing the wrong game. A truck simulator is not for going fast and crashing. NFS, GTA or even better, Wreckfest, that I mentioned before. Racing while crashing others. Added bonus: All players there will be looking for the same thing, unlike TMP, where most players don't want to be crashed by idiots out of control at too high speeds.

I dont really think it's for you to say if its the wrong game or not? Its a game with realistic driving physics and roads which are fun to drive on. Like I enjoy just trucking but for me it makes it interesting and makes me want to keep playing when there is a risk of idiots and you are able to overtake etc.

With a speed limit, everyone can go the top speed without any risk so you never catch up, you rarely overtake and it means people are more spread out which means less traffic. A lot of people like the traffic. Like people like different aspects of the game, that is to be expected but I dont think a certain way of playing should be forced upon all players when there is a lot of people who dont want that.

1 hour ago, kmankx2 said:

I dont really think it's for you to say if its the wrong game or not? Its a game with realistic driving physics and roads which are fun to drive on. Like I enjoy just trucking but for me it makes it interesting and makes me want to keep playing when there is a risk of idiots and you are able to overtake etc.

With a speed limit, everyone can go the top speed without any risk so you never catch up, you rarely overtake and it means people are more spread out which means less traffic. A lot of people like the traffic. Like people like different aspects of the game, that is to be expected but I dont think a certain way of playing should be forced upon all players when there is a lot of people who dont want that.

I will point out what I posted earlier in this topic. it is a set limit and has consequences for going over the limit. as for your suggestion earlier about having a server with collisions but no speed limits check the suggestions topic I seem to remember that someone suggested that and it was declined, I may be wrong about that but you are free to look.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

i know what you are saying, they should remove the  68 mph speed limiter. they should instead implement a punishment system to simulate being stopped by the police. they can put in a 3 strike system, when you exceed the speed limit by 5%, the first 2 times you are auto kicked, the third time you receive a 24 hr lockout from the simulation servers. if you feel that this is to harsh, you could always be happy with the 68 mph highway speed limit.

As far as I'm concerned there is no problem with people being speed demons as long as they don't cause too many stupid wrecks with other players. I used to average 90 to 100MPH and I can't even count on one hand how many times I was the cause of an accident with another player. 

The vast majority of the time my accidents were, and still are caused by players who cut you off before they are clear in an overtake, or from players who seem to have their steering sensitive set way too high and are wobbling all over the road. And of course the car drivers who actually do treat the game like a racing game, even though the car is incredibly boring to drive compared to the trucks. 

Going faster than X amount of speed, as far as I've seen, was never a primary cause of player vs player crashes.... except in the event that both players were going too fast for the road they were on and trying to overtake one another, in which case I consider it no harm no foul. 

As for "realism," realism is that half the truckers I see driving in real life are exceeding 70MPH. Some are even exceeding 80MPH. That's realism. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

2 hours ago, kmankx2 said:

I dont think a certain way of playing should be forced upon all players when there is a lot of people who dont want that.

So it should be allowed those people to drive as fast as they want when there is a lot of other people who don't want that? Like I said, there are games where the goal is to drive fast. A truck simulator is not one of them. And even less in a multiplayer mod. You want the challenge? Try single player, with an increased traffic mod and driving at 160 Km/h. I don't think you'll be able to do it but if I'm wrong, at least you won't be harming other players.

26 minutes ago, MadCowTransport said:

As for "realism," realism is that half the truckers I see driving in real life are exceeding 70MPH. Some are even exceeding 80MPH. That's realism.

Where in Europe do you see truckers in real life exceeding 80 mph (129 Km/h)? Let's not forget that the 110 Km/h (68 mph) limit is only forced in ETS2. ATS has a different limit. More precisely... 80 mph.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, kmankx2 said:

Why not have a collision server without speed limits separate from the 'realism' servers then?

You seemed to have missed the announcement "Road to Simulation" in July and the discussion that followed on the next 38 pages.
Enjoy! ?

I dont understand why you are forcing part of the community to just stop playing rather than give us our own server?

Please explain in detail who you refer to as "us".
The TruckersMP team has kindly provided several different servers to satisfy the many different preferences of the majority of their community.
If you have an idea on how to improve the mod you are entitled to create a new suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum. But please use the search to see if similar topics have been already created BEFORE you create a suggestion.

I mean the real reason is because you know it is popular and most people would use it, stopping it because of that is simply not fair. Yes some of the more experienced members who run this community like RP all the time but so many players do not.

The reasons of the changes made are also given in the link provided above.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:15 AM, poland.ball said:

I feel the same, get back to the days where you could drive 200 km/h with the skoda and almost tipped over!

But the 150/80 km/h limiter was actually pretty neat. As I played and noticed the 110 speedlimiter I was like wtf.

I already suggested that veterans should be able to drive at higher speeds. Like Veteran II 150/80, Veteran III 200/80

If anything it should be the other way around. Anybody who has played the mod for this long most likely does it for realism. Also, people would complain about it being unfair. I've never felt the need to go above the speed limit (highest anywhere in map is 100), and if you want to you can play in arcade.

I agree with OP, there should be no speed limit. Every player should be responsible for his/her own actions. If they choose to go faster than the speed limit and they should crash, then they will suffer the consequences of their own actions. All that limiting the speed does is just slow people down, and essentially, attempts to hold the player back from "reckless driving", all based off of the whole "speed kills" mantra. When in actuality, it is not speed that causes the crashes because the majority of crashes really happen in and around the city, particularly in crowded areas. In my opinion, they should remove collisions from the simulation server because if it was as "realistic" as the devs try to make out, then there wouldn't be ANY crashes in the first place. Meanwhile, in the arcade server it would make sense to have the players be able to crash into one another because it is "arcade" and not "realistic".  People wouldn't be asking for higher speed limits if they would stop messing around with the servers.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, MegadethSteve666 said:

For me I'm kind of in the middle of both sides of this argument, On one hand having a capped limit of only 68MPH (a rather annoying number IMO for those who use MPH) is an advantage because it helps thin traffic out a bit instead of everyone seemingly liking to hug each others bumpers at high speed, also it does make it feel more realistic in a way, but on the flip side, the crash rate is the pretty much the same before and after the limiter was implemented, the same bad driving still occurs no matter what speed you're capped at, I mean, traffic can be crawling at 10MPH and someone will still run into someone else, whether by accident or on purpose, Also the limiter makes doing any sort of long distance motorway driving long and tedious, especially for those of us who drive with a wheel and shifter. 

The thing that annoys me is the people who cant come up with a sensible argument for or against said issue and so reverted to the age old statement, "if you don't like it play on x server", my answer is why should people do so? multiplayer is about multiple people, multiple people means multiple opinions, multiple playstyles, telling someone to go play on x server because they have a differing opinion to you is not a very nice thing to say, We all have a common goal in multiplayer and that's to be able to play with other people, have fun, make friends and enjoy the game for what it is.

Also, stating that anyone who wants to go fast wants to cause crashes or recklessly drive or treat the game like NFS, is a bit stereotypical, not EVERYONE wants to drive fast for the sake of these reasons, a lot of people enjoyed the higher limiter so that they can get around the map quicker and thus complete more loads etc. Its not fair to tar anyone who disagrees with the limiter to the brush along with trolls, and reckless numb skulls who find pleasure in causing carnage.

I've always said that the limiter isn't a tool to alleviate trolling and ramming, its more there to add to the "realism" a little, don't get me wrong, I find that the limiter is overall more of a plus than a minus, its just misconstrued why it was added and peoples attitudes towards anyone else's opinions on said matter is shockingly disrespectful.  

I have a G27 wheel with a shifter,i drive at 90KP/H all the time and i really enjoy every second of it.if i want to drive a truck like a maniac i will go straight to beamNg
Speeding is a real issue..what's you think it will cause more damange:a truck going 180KM/H or one going at 90?People here cant predict anything or got any skill to drive fast.i lost cout of how many players overtuned their trucks because they tried to go 200km/h at a corner or ran a red light/stop sign and cause a massive crash.
and yes the limiter is a tool to controll trolls and reckless people.

Oh the speed limit has to go??

Well for that, there is the arcade server.  Remember you are driving a simulator, the object to deliver cargo on time with no damage whilst maximising profit.  

This can be done easy by keeping to speed limits, all you need to do is to drive carefully without overtaking slower traffic at the first opportunity.  Personally I would not be bothered if they dropped the limit to.100km/h

I do not understand, why do people continue to confuse this game with Gran Turismo, is a simulator game, damn!
They did very well to put these limiters since most people thought to go at full speed and crash into someone or something because they can't brake in time.
And they also limited the trolls, so I don't see any reason to travel at a crazy speed, where in reality you wouldn't last even 5 nanoseconds.
But then you get annoyed by the limiters, there is the Arcade server, go as fast as you want and risk nothing
But if you want to take away the limits from Simulation 1 and keep the collisions, then I think you're in bad faith.

18 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

no need for a speed limit. 

if the realistic-Autistics want to keep theyre 80kmh  they are free to do so

but there are others who want to get the job done .... and not waste time in boredome on low speed. 

and its NOT a simulation.... its a Turko-Chinese madhouse .... with flying trucks ...  and they should update it to 1.36 allready ...  

If you are bored by driving a vehicle at a reasonable and safe speed I suggest to you to drive on the arcade server or, if that does not suit you neither, find another game genre.

The majority of the TruckersMP community wants to get the job done. It all depends on how you define the job.
For some the job is to haul cargo from A to B considering game rules and real life road traffic laws to get the most realistic experience of it.
For "others" the job seem to be to ruin other players game play by behaving reckless and ignorant.

I count myself naturally to the former, as for me the journey is the reward.
Your disrespectful comparison to autistics however is proof enough that you belong to the "others".

Drive safely! (If you can.)

Archived