110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

Only thing I would change is allow Scouts to drive at around 115/120 kph so you could overtake trucks without issues. Other than that 110kph for trucks is more than enough. I was a '150' driver myself at the times of EU2 but since the Simulation change I changed to driving 90/110kph and I have to admit that it is a more enjoyable experience by driving 110 and not speeding around. And if you're so desperate too drive more than 110kph, you always can use the 'Arcade servers' and drive as much as you want there.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a reasonable setting.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

This has been suggested so many times that it became a meme. I understand that in the past you could race your delivery to your destination. The only advantage you got was.. being faster. But at what cost?

110 seems a great deal and is reasonable. When you drive on CD right now.. you atleast feel a little safer. On other places... why would you need to go faster anyway?

It is a suggestion and dicussion doomed to fail.

Hello guys, 

you need to be think about this question real hard.

ETS-2 is an Simulator Game, there are 110km/h 20 km/h to much, so you should be happe to drive the 110km/h. In my Opinion we should keep the simulator Games as Simulator Game and not as an Race game, if you want to drive fast buy some other games, Need for speed ore anything else, there is no problem to get speed. If you still want to drive fast therer is the arcade Server there you have no Speedlimit , no collison so the perfekt areal for driving with no speed limits. 

I think the most players only want the speed limit, as i can see the servers with speed limit are full but the arcade server is still down with the usercount. So we should take a look over the player counter, but i think there coul gave us the team an better overview about it. 

the most Invoice systems like Sped-V, Trucksbook ore something else have the speed limiter too, much player drive with the system and so TMP will help the players with the speed limit otherwise you need to wait some long times before you can start your next work. 

Driving without speed limits could be making fun but we have seen in past that much accidents will happend, some routes you cant drive because you have only drivers who are ramming... so let the speed limit where the speed limit is. 

Yours sincerely 

[LG-D] SchwarzerHumor

Guten Abend,

Man sollte sich die Fragestellung einmal genau anschauen. 

ETS-2 ist ein Simulatoren Spiel, somit angelegt an die Realität , selbst da wäre das Speed-Limit noch um 20 km/h zu schnell. Sollte man ein  Rennspiel spielen wollen dann sollte man Sich Need For Speed oder ähnliches zulegen. Desweiteren gibt es ja noch die Möglichkeit des Arcade Servers , dort ist kein Speedlimit sowie die Kollision wurde komplett deaktiviert, eventuell eine Alternative ?

Wie man bereits in der Vergangenheit sehen konnte, waren die Server mit Speed-Limit immer gut besucht, je doch der Arcade Server ohne Speed limit ehr mau besucht, so sollte man sich an den User Zahlen orientieren, und schon hinfällt die Abstimmung *grins*

Desweiteren funktionieren die meisten Abrechnungsoftwaren ebenfalls mitSspeedlimiter, also ist doch TMP für jeden Nutzer hilfsbereit wenn der Speedlimiter bereits integriert ist und man dementsprechend nicht darauf achten muss. 

Klar kann es Spaß machen ohne Speedlimit zu fahren, aber schaut doch mal ein wenig zurück was man für geramme und rumgefliege dadurch hatte ... 

lasst das Speedlimit wo es ist :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

[LG-D] SchwarzerHumort

I think you should trying to understand what is Euro Truck Simulator 2 FIRST.

Here is the describe from SCS Software,

Travel across Europe as king of the road, a trucker who delivers important cargo across impressive distances!

Are there any truckers that delivers important cargo has to travel asking government change the speed limited to higher than 110kph?

I quite like the limiter, makes it much more easier.  I have no UI on when driving, so when changing lanes for example I have to physically look. Nowadays, I no longer need to be paranoid of someone going 40MPH+ over the 50MPH cruise control appearing from nowhere to then blame it on me.

Inactive forum account
banner

as far as I am concerned, 110km/h is fine.  fast enough to overtake if you are driving one of the non HGV vehicles, but I think ALL the trucks should be hard wired to 90km/h but leave the cars (including the admin only cars and vans) able to do 110km/h.  (in real life trucks are limited to 90km/h anyway and thats where I run)

as for ATS, i dont mind the lack of a limiter there, trucks are LEGALLY permitted to do 80mph in some states, however again Im quite happily to mosie along at 50mph along the interstate, pushing almost 7mpg at 80,000lbs whilst the guy who has just barrelled past me at 60,000lbs is struggling to get 4mpg.  I know who will make more profit at the end of the week as my exhaust has not been throwing out dollar bills.

TL;DR

They should not delete the speedlimit, trolls will be more attracted and will play burnout dominator with their truck.

I dont think it (speedlimit) should be removed. This is a simulation game, not a racing game. Okay if you're doing 3000km drives, you're busy for 2h15. But that's your own decision. If you don't play ets/ats as a simulator, you shouldn't play in first place. I know arcade isn't fun. If I'm doing a +2500km drive I can curse too, but you know, it stays a Sim game. 

Troll would LOVE to crash at high speeds, and yeah not only high speeds. I recently had a troll on the highway on Promods 1 who's parked. When I drive towards him he's starting his motor and trans me for both trailer and truck 100% damage.

I get the point why you don't like arcade servers. I think they shouldn't make it non collision but not moderated.

Trolls will be trolls but you'll know there will be trolls on arcade at that point.

percent_0                                                          76561198040805919.pngAddFriend.png

Personally I believe the 68mph (110km/h) limit is great to have in the aim of reducing trolls, though causes problems when you're trying to do 70mph along UK motorways or 130km/h (81) along french motorways. The city limits of (60km/h / 37mph) is great to have, although isn't considered enough with the bigger cities in mind on Promods or those cities which have increased speed limits (40mph, Chelmsford UK and the 50km/h - 70km/h - 80km/h - 70km/h - 50km/h zone besides Calais, which can cause problems (coming from sea port) for example). But all in all I think with some minor tweaking, or even leaving how it is now, the speed limiter is a great thing to have. It reduces the number of collisions and increases safety by at least 10% (at a guess) if not more. I feel much safer now that these limits are in place and believe that they could do with a very minor tweak to adjust to said places along the Promods map especially.

If you don't like the limiter as it is, or in general it's quite simple really. Just don't play simulation servers, they're there to serve a purpose, to reinforce the purpose of simulation. People clearly cannot handle higher speeds and that's why TruckersMP had to introduce this limiter.

I would prefer the 150 kmh speedlimit to be added back, but keep the speed limited to 110 on c-d road. I think it wouldn't be a big problem to lift the speed limit in non-congested areas. It's busy areas that need more focus.

Hello! The thing with the speed limit is to help with vehicle-collisions. Before the servers were reworked Simulation 1 had a 90 KM/h speed limit and it had decent players in it. Simulation 2 had no speed limit and had cars where simulation 1 didn't have them. Some people were driving fast and causing collisions and blocking roads from the collisions and arguing in chat. The speed limits were added and also reworked to have it as realistic as possible. If the devs want to make the mod be really realistic they can add 90 KM/h speed limit which is the highest trucks need to go on highways let alone national roads. So please don't say 110 is slow because people like it like that and some even drive 90 KM/h even tho they can go up to 110. I can tell you are new to the game simply from you saying 110 is slow, which is not that is a super speed for a truck hauling 10+ tons of goods. If you want to drive that fast as some people said join servers that don't have the limit or just play single player. The point of the game is not to make as much money as possible in the shortest time, it's to have fun with other people and just drive trucks chat and have fun. But most people don't get the point! 

On 11/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, shaaka said:

the crash is due to the stupidity of people not at speed

That's exactly what i think, tmp should stop being lazy and start dealing with reports instead of trying to get idiots/trolls bored of this game. Those who want to drive with 90km/h will drive like that no matter if the speed limit is 200km/h or 300km/h. 

@shaaka Crashes are due to people's stupidity? Maybe, but with 110 Km/h limit, there are a lot less crashes than there used to be with 150 Km/h. So speed is also a cause for crashes. Or maybe lots of stupid people left because of the lower limit. In any case, we should be happy about that.

@Erik0301 I'd say, those who want to drive with 200 or 300 Km/h can do it in the arcade server. So there's no need to change the simulation ones.

Archived