110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Manager
15 hours ago, tommynba said:

I agree, the server is so boring now. You don't even see anyone on the long hauls anymore, cause everyone drives at the same speed so it's impossible to catch up to anyone, and nobody overtakes you cause they can't go faster than you.

Also cars sometimes go over 200km irl, yeah it isnt safe but at least they can do it. Personally i think this is the worst change. It removes the diversity from the game.

I assume you overtake the people who drive 80/90 for realism. And even then the "nobody overtakes you" argument is nonsense as when all who drive 110 now drive 150 you're not overtaken either.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

18 hours ago, tommynba said:

It removes the diversity from the game.

What fun you pretend to talk?

That of a few who enjoy causing accidents, crashing to other players and bothering them? Or the feeling of "speed and adrenaline" for driving at high speeds?

I would think that for the most part of players, don't play for that reason.

I think there are a variety of other games that can satiate those needs, in which there is also a multiplayer option.

Or you have the Arcade server to drive in a free and more crazy form.
In my opinion, the game title says "simulator" and have the steam tag "simulation" for some reason.

And if it is true that maybe I would like cars to have maybe a little more speed limit, but I understand the reason why they don't.

19 hours ago, tommynba said:

Because nobody plays on the arcade server and there's no collision. Tbh arcade server is kinda pointless. I can go on singleplayer, disable traffic in console and i will have exactly the same experience with endless empty roads.

Why do you want collision? Do you like people to ram you? Do you like people ramming you instead? I don’t like people hitting me.

Remember, Euro Truck SIMULATOR 2 and American Truck SIMULATOR. 

Im sorry that you aren’t seeing anybody when you drive. ProMods has 1000’s of players on. So does Sim 1. You can always go to either of those servers, sit in traffic, and add to the problem of “nobody being on the road” since banging up and back the same road is the mentality.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Arcade Servers should get deleted pretty much

Nobody plays there because of no collision, and pretty much because everyone is at Sim1. I preferred the old system, Europe 2, no speedlimits, drive as fast as you can.

The idiots didn't decrease by the years, they more like increased.

^

In ProMods, most people drive in Kirkenes, and that road can be pretty much boring by time. Also, driving always in Iceland is also not something you might want to like.

38 minutes ago, tommynba said:

Without collision i might aswell play on singleplayer without traffic on empty roads. There's really no difference, which makes arcade server pointless like i stated before.

So you are saying you just need to collide with other players, for it to "make difference" ?

banner

Collisions or no collisions, you would still see the other players around. I try to avoid players even in NCZs in the simulation server, because I don't like driving through others, the same thing can be done in the arcade servers. It's just a matter of will, player's choice, they can decide to play as if the other players were collidable even when they aren't. With 2 added bonuses: More speed, which seems to be a big deal for many people, and no bans because in case of a mistake, they can't actually ram other players' vehicles.

Summary: True, you don't have to be careful about other players in the arcade server. But you still can... If you want.

For me I'm kind of in the middle of both sides of this argument, On one hand having a capped limit of only 68MPH (a rather annoying number IMO for those who use MPH) is an advantage because it helps thin traffic out a bit instead of everyone seemingly liking to hug each others bumpers at high speed, also it does make it feel more realistic in a way, but on the flip side, the crash rate is the pretty much the same before and after the limiter was implemented, the same bad driving still occurs no matter what speed you're capped at, I mean, traffic can be crawling at 10MPH and someone will still run into someone else, whether by accident or on purpose, Also the limiter makes doing any sort of long distance motorway driving long and tedious, especially for those of us who drive with a wheel and shifter. 

The thing that annoys me is the people who cant come up with a sensible argument for or against said issue and so reverted to the age old statement, "if you don't like it play on x server", my answer is why should people do so? multiplayer is about multiple people, multiple people means multiple opinions, multiple playstyles, telling someone to go play on x server because they have a differing opinion to you is not a very nice thing to say, We all have a common goal in multiplayer and that's to be able to play with other people, have fun, make friends and enjoy the game for what it is.

Also, stating that anyone who wants to go fast wants to cause crashes or recklessly drive or treat the game like NFS, is a bit stereotypical, not EVERYONE wants to drive fast for the sake of these reasons, a lot of people enjoyed the higher limiter so that they can get around the map quicker and thus complete more loads etc. Its not fair to tar anyone who disagrees with the limiter to the brush along with trolls, and reckless numb skulls who find pleasure in causing carnage.

I've always said that the limiter isn't a tool to alleviate trolling and ramming, its more there to add to the "realism" a little, don't get me wrong, I find that the limiter is overall more of a plus than a minus, its just misconstrued why it was added and peoples attitudes towards anyone else's opinions on said matter is shockingly disrespectful.  

On 11/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, MAESTRO ZIIKOS said:

Whats the meaning of this alteration? There is no fun in the game after this thing happens, guys we need to make them heard this absurd inconvenience, so support me against them for better ets, LIMITS HAS NEED TO GO! So what are you thinking about that?

I am puzzled about how a reduction of the maximum speed limit ruined the game for you.
Could you explain that any further?

From my experience, the reduction of the speed limit has reduced the number of accidents drastically and on the other hand increased realism, which is why I think it was a necessary step to improve the overall gameplay experience.

As always, you are of course welcome to make a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum so the TruckersMP team can decide if they consider your input for future changes of their modification.

I don't get why people want the limit to be raised. I think that 110km/h is perfectly fine. The speed limit is there to provide realism and a safe speed for everyone, Not there to make people mad about having such a "low" limit. If you want to go full NFS mode, Then go on a Arcade server. Yeah, There may not be a lot of people on there, But it's there for a reason. People go on Simulation servers for a reason, To drive, Not to drive crazy and ram everyone. 

The only time I’ve found the 110 limit annoying is when I wanted to overtake and ended up matching the other truck’s speed :D

That’s pretty much the only danger the new speed limit poses for me; I feel it was a much needed change to help minimise the chances of having accidents, especially on the sacred C-D road :)

I, for one, can’t remember causing any accidents since the new speed limit was implemented, but I can clearly remember causing a few before it existed :D

Archived