110 KMPH SEED LIMIT HAS TO RECONSIDER!

Whats the meaning of this alteration? There is no fun in the game after this thing happens, guys we need to make them heard this absurd inconvenience, so support me against them for better ets, LIMITS HAS NEED TO GO! So what are you thinking about that?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those above have made some great points here, to back them up further, without this speed limiter the crash rate would significantly increase, even still somehow people are still finding ways to hit people but yeah as others mentioned there is other servers you can play in, or single player where you can go as fast as your heart desires (no encouragement what so ever)

13 hours ago, MAESTRO ZIIKOS said:

Whats the meaning of this alteration? There is no fun in the game after this thing happens, guys we need to make them heard this absurd inconvenience, so support me against them for better ets, LIMITS HAS NEED TO GO! So what are you thinking about that?

i know what you are saying, they should remove the  68 mph speed limiter. they should instead implement a punishment system to simulate being stopped by the police. they can put in a 3 strike system, when you exceed the speed limit by 5%, the first 2 times you are auto kicked, the third time you receive a 24 hr lockout from the simulation servers. if you feel that this is to harsh, you could always be happy with the 68 mph highway speed limit.

I feel the same, get back to the days where you could drive 200 km/h with the skoda and almost tipped over!

But the 150/80 km/h limiter was actually pretty neat. As I played and noticed the 110 speedlimiter I was like wtf.

I already suggested that veterans should be able to drive at higher speeds. Like Veteran II 150/80, Veteran III 200/80

It seems to me that some people only see TMP as some kind of destruction derby game. They want to go as fast as possible AND be able to destroy others. If it's only about the speed, why don't they just use the arcade server? Answer: Because it's no-collisions. They can go fast, but they can only damage themselves when they lose control. And clearly, that's not what they want. I don't get why some people keep playing TMP and complaining about the speed limits. It's as if someone starts playing Need for Speed and complaining that people drive fast. Or playing PUBG and complaining that other players shoot at them. Quite foolish, don't you think?

In my opinion, a speed limit of 110 km/h is just fine. The aim of the simulations servers is to make is as realistic as possible, and driving 150 km/h with a truck does not fit a real life simulation. If you still feel the need to drive faster you a free to play on the arcade server. Therefore you won't get my support.

I'm never too late, nor am I early, I arrive precisely when I mean to

Well yes but actually no. What i hoped tmp to do is to put a limit on the cd road but they wanted to put it for the whole map. I take long trips and 110 well yeah for long straight journeys isnt enough. With 150 i was pleased because scodas could actually pass me rather than trucks racing with scodas in the 110 speed limit. Increasing the limit outweighs the disadvantages in my opinion but it won't happen. 

150 km/h is way too fast for a truck simulation game and that's why they reduced the speed limit. TMP used to have no speed limit before and you used to see cars going over 200 km/h which is dangerous because most people don't know how to drive properly at that speed. They reduce the speed limit for a good reason. You can drive way safer at 110 than 150 so there's less crashes. Although it would be nice to drive faster on some empty roads but I'm in favor of the speed changes.

I agree, the server is so boring now. You don't even see anyone on the long hauls anymore, cause everyone drives at the same speed so it's impossible to catch up to anyone, and nobody overtakes you cause they can't go faster than you.

Also cars sometimes go over 200km irl, yeah it isnt safe but at least they can do it. Personally i think this is the worst change. It removes the diversity from the game.

Even if you don't like it, it's a good change. Some people like to drive reckless, but now they don't have that big field to make game unpleasant for others because they have a speed limit. Additionally, it's easier to catch someone who use speedhack (those that were less visible when there was no limiter ?). So I think it's worth.

PLEASE tell me why. Why do you want a higher limit when we have an arcade server that allows you to drive as fast as you want?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Some are correct, the realism in the game has significantly dropped, because as mentioned earlier cars do indeed go well over 150miles per hour, even in real life they hit 70 MPH and so do lorries on motorways, however in game they only hit 55 MPH. Personally, I feel this change does need to be reconsidered because the amount of people that would want to do long hauls, having short time span's means they would not be able to do them if they have set routines of getting up at certain times as well as getting to work or working in a VTC. If VTC's have competitions, there won't be much 'competition' because everyone will more or less tie break as no one can exceptionally differentiate to everyone else due to the speeds in game.

Now, while I highly agree that yes there is too many immature players on the roads, both youtubers and kids as well as adults to some extent, (not naming names of course) but this shouldn't be a reason to lower the game play speeds for everyone, I can personally understand and others will probably back me up here, when I say that yes there needs to be some form of limitation to the server but maybe 90 is a bit unrealistic. Let's say for example, you're in the United Kingdom on a motorway and your going at 55mph in a lorry. You'll instantly be pulled over by the police and told you're going too slow. Not only would this waste your time, but it'll cause your load to be potentially late due to those few minutes you got stopped. 

Furthermore, when you then go to get the delivery back on track you wouldn't even make the time deadline because it's realistically programmed to make you get there on time by staying at the speed limit, infact it would make you later. Now, yes I do understand TMP is not reality but some people have got some good points here when they say that drivers are reckless. If that's the case, we need to maybe consider more team members? Or potentially consider instead of banning people, a way developers can make certain people get a lower limited speed. This way, they will be taught a lesson and yet at the same time others can actually go at their desired speeds or even the speed limit.

Before you add, yes there is an arcade server but look at the player count at this time it's 21.. If you look in simulation 1, it's around 400 on average none stop. 80% of these players happen to be in C-D area and why? Because it's entertaining driving along that road knowing there is people that will unrealistically try to mess your journey up. If I go to an arcade server, I'll most probably not see a truck for a good 500km or so and even when I do, they might not even want to chat, meet up or hang around or even speak my language. This is why I feel this limiter is a bit overly excessive. I do agree to some form of limitation, but maybe need to consider how much we're talking about limiting it, so atleast it's realistic in countries. If you really need to, maybe as devs you can adjust the limiter per areas. So lower it for C-D road, raise it for motorways, lower it when you have an event on in an area, raise it in areas like the UK so they can hit realistic speeds..

Thank you for your time people. I hope this benefits you, feel free to react as appropriately if you deem it suitable. 

35 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

PLEASE tell me why. Why do you want a higher limit when we have an arcade server that allows you to drive as fast as you want?

Because nobody plays on the arcade server and there's no collision. Tbh arcade server is kinda pointless. I can go on singleplayer, disable traffic in console and i will have exactly the same experience with endless empty roads.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, MAESTRO ZIIKOS said:

You should count yourself lucky it's 110 km/h. If the admins wanted to go full on simulation, you'd be forced to do 90 km/h as that's the legal maximum speed for trucks in the EU which is adhered to by a legal requirement for trucks to be fitted with a speed limiter. If you don't like doing the speed limits, either use one of the Arcade servers, or pack it up and play Forza or Need For Speed.

2 hours ago, SilentSquads said:

Personally, I feel this change does need to be reconsidered because the amount of people that would want to do long hauls, having short time span's means they would not be able to do them if they have set routines of getting up at certain times as well as getting to work or working in a VTC. If VTC's have competitions, there won't be much 'competition' because everyone will more or less tie break as no one can exceptionally differentiate to everyone else due to the speeds in game

That's why the arcade servers exist. Yes, they may be almost empty, it can get boring if you're driving all alone for hours, so... All those people who have short times to play and want to do long jobs, all those people who are in racing competitions among VTCs, why do they NOT use the arcade servers? If they did use them, they'd make them more popular and maybe more people would join them, if only for the chance to go as fast as they want. But no... They keep asking for the simulation servers to have higher speeds.

Another quite simple thing: If someone knows that they only have X amount of time to play, they should pick the jobs with a distance that can be done within that time. If I have only one hour, I wouldn't pick a 2000 Km route, but just a 1000 Km one at most.

BTW, there's no server with 90 Km/h (56 mph) speed limit. That limit only applies when you have it enabled in your options or when you're doing World of Trucks external contracts. The real speed limit in the simulation servers is 110 Km/h (68 mph).

Finally, I don't know how things work in the UK, but in Spain (and I guess that in other countries too) there are regulations about MINIMUM speeds. And they are like: On any road, the mininum speed allowed will be 50% of the maximum allowed one, except for highways, where the minimum speed is 60 Km/h (even for cars). Going under 60 Km/h on any highway, be it a truck or a car, is not allowed and if for any reasons the vehicle can't reach 60 Km/h, the driver has to abandon the highway on the first available exit. So here in Spain, there's no way that police will stop a truck for going slow because it was doing 80 Km/h on a 90 Km/h limited road.

Archived