[POLL] Do ,,Funny Moments" YouTubers break rules?

poland.ball

Do you think that Youtubers drive in a reckless way to cause a funny collision for video material?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Funny Moments Youtubers drive in a reckless way to cause a funny collision?

• Yes, you can clearly see them driving recklessly for videos.
    • No, only the admins and the other players are the idiots!

I think the title says it all, do you think that Funny Moments-YouTubers break the rules by driving reckless, overtaking or speeding to get video material?

I've been watching some videos of them in the past, from youtubers like Darwen or Tony, seeming like the most famous ones. I spotted a lot of people in the clips driving in a reckless way to cause a funny collision for video material.

Also - If you think the same way, go check out Merceli88, he stopped youtube but his content is good. He's also the one that founded the "Idiots on the road" hype.

These videos only show that there are a lot of trolls around us. They are the main factors of reckless driving. We need a safer and more disciplined driving environment.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

As mentioned above, these youtubers are just out there to get new content, if they get banned they'll just make new accounts, it's not like they can be stopped and in the while they're earning more subs for violating rules which we, as well as they, have to follow. It's quite unfair to be honest,and videos such as those should be monitored and banned where possible to prevent players at a young age or older age getting inspiration from the ideas they do in them, so they don't become a reality in ETS/ATS expecially on C-D road. 

Honestly it depends on which youtubers you watch. Almost all the “funny moments” youtubers I watch drive with respect for the rules, one or two might do some, shall we say, questionable manoeuvres at times, but in my opinion there’s no malicious intent behind said actions.

Thats the key that people forget, just because someone does something that isn’t strictly by the book, doesn’t mean they are a troll or, in this case, out to get more views etc, as long as there’s no malicious intent, I.e purposely forcing other drivers off the road, intentionally brake checking in populated areas etc etc.

unfortunately there are youtubers out there who do cause accidents for views etc but karma eventually catches up with them, it’s just unfortunate that most people latch on to this fact and seem to have the impression that most, if not all, “funny moments” youtubers troll and cause said moments, which is completely wrong impression to have in my opinion, just because of a few view hunters.

IMHO some youtubers (tony in particular) are part of the whole "problem" tmp has regarding trolls and recless behavior. People see clips like that on yt and think it's okay to drive recless in a sim game. And don't forget the 5 seconds of fame ppl get when they send over clips to yoitubers. Which leads to recless driving to get the footage.

Why am I picking on Tony in particular? He just can't behave in a sim enviorment, speeding, chasing others as close as he can, not braking when he sees accident infront, or brakes at last second stopping almost on the spot, overtaking recless,...

Another thing, if you scroll through the comments you see alot of Tony747 fanboys reacting like "Oh wow Tony! You're the best driver ever!"  Or "You should be an admin!"

Says it all, does it?

What youtubers should do is showing an example to their viewers on how to behave properly in a simulation mp envoirment, respecting rules and other players.

I know quite a few youtubers that actually behave like they should in mp, but they sadly don't have the amount of subs some of the idiot on the road youtubers have. Obviously.

The whole idiot on the road thing is just toxic af IMO, and just puts ETS2 and MP in a bad daylight overall, atrecting trolls and recless ppl. And it's really sad to see TMP (or singleplayer for that mather) being treated like this for the views, fame and money. Sad, just sad..

After reading this thread, I decided to take a look at some videos made by Tony 747 and it became pretty clear to me that he causes a lot of crashes due to his reckless driving. I watched two videos and this is what I found:

• Hit an admin head on mid-overtake
  • Rear-ended someone because he's driving too fast, and far, far too close
  • Got himself hit after attempting to (at speed) pass a truck carelessly moving into his lane
  • Brake checked someone because they were using their horn at him too much, which resulted in a collision
  • Rear-ends a car because he's too busy trying to avoid letting someone push in
  • Someone pulls out on him, and he makes no attempt to slow down before the collision

All that in just two videos; videos I should remind you he has the audacity to call "Idiots on the Road". Every one of the above collisions could have been avoided or the damage reduced had he been following the rules properly and driving sensibly.

Does that answer the question of this thread?

As a youtuber, I find Admin staff to be respectful, I don't seek funny moments purely for video content.

Only bad incident in had was being accidentally banned for 4 days, however a stream and appeal had the ban lifted in 3 hours, all because of people I suspect spamming horns so making it difficult for the admin to hear.  I don't blame the Admin for anything, and don't hold any grudges and have spoken on many times since. Admins are not the idiots people think they are, and only a small number of players I would class as idiots.

A stream from Iceland had a funny moment  guy in front hit a snow bank and tipped over and slid towards me, I stop without a sudden brake dive. The 2 convoy buddies behind me have to stop, one taps my back door. *Donk*  second guy hits him, he then goes FLYING!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived