Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Trucker

Your thoughts on if residential streets were added

Hi, so I've been running this idea through my head for a while now and I think it would be cool to have residential streets filled with homes and peds and maybe cars parked on drives.

I'm genuinely interested in who else think this is a good Idea?

Please leave a like if you like the idea and add any comments you think would be beneficial for this to be added :)

Regards

MT

• Like 2

That'd be up to something for either the Promods team or SCS to add, not TruckersMP. 

That being said however, I think that it'd at a great dynamic to the game, but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator 😛

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZakYeen said:

but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator 😛

This is true, but I've seen trucks in residential streets dropping off sofa's and furniture lol Also Euro Truck Simulator is a delivery simulator, we deliver cargo from one place to another.. lol

1 hour ago, Midnight Trucker said:

I've seen trucks in residential streets dropping off sofa's and furniture

In Ireland, where I live, the only kind of truck that you would see in residential areas, such as housing estates and such, would be BDF's. I've never personally seen a truck-trailer combo inside an estate or high residential area here, but that's not to say that that doesn't happen in other countries 😛

Also, what I meant by a delivery sim was something along the likes of Vans and stuff, UPS/DPD etc, I'm aware they have trucks too, but they have more of a van presence 😙

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZakYeen said:

In Ireland, where I live, the only kind of truck that you would see in residential areas, such as housing estates and such, would be BDF's. I've never personally seen a truck-trailer combo inside an estate or high residential area here, but that's not to say that that doesn't happen in other countries 😛

Also, what I meant by a delivery sim was something along the likes of Vans and stuff, UPS/DPD etc, I'm aware they have trucks too, but they have more of a van presence 😙

This is true.

See thats why I asked for people's thoughts on it.. I could also say it's not a caravan simulator too :P

Just watch the Kirkenes area in ProMods. That's what happens when narrow roads are set in MP. Lots of people going there with the biggest rig available. And many of them can't even handle single trailer, yet they'll always try to go pedal to the metal. It would be the same thing with residential areas.

• Like 1

Check out Aberdeen in ProMods. It might not provide you with the exact experience you're looking for, however there are a few residential areas there. I suppose the same could be said for most of the United Kingdom now. Hawes is another little gift that keeps on giving for this.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, Midnight Trucker said:

This is true, but I've seen trucks in residential streets dropping off sofa's and furniture lol Also Euro Truck Simulator is a delivery simulator, we deliver cargo from one place to another.. lol

Trucking isn't just about driving.

Plus we need more challenging deliveries 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, ZakYeen said:

That'd be up to something for either the Promods team or SCS to add, not TruckersMP. 

That being said however, I think that it'd at a great dynamic to the game, but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator 😛

To be fair, it’s actually quite common to see/have full size articulated trucks driving through “residential” areas, not everywhere in the world has a dirty great big huge motorway carving through the heart of town, sometimes large businesses need large vehicle and said vehicles will have to squeeze down narrow roads. Also ETS is a delivery simulator in a sense because you’re move items from one location to another which is a delivery.

As for residential roads and delivery points being in a thing in ETS? Technically in ProMods there are some... interesting company locations around towns that are more realistic in my opinion, but I don’t think SCS will add this sort of thing unless they release LGVs and tandem style trucks that are smaller and more nimble. 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, ZakYeen said:

This says it all!

But your idea however is great! 

^
You have no limits, but the problem here is
- the scale of 1:19, pretty much too small (in 1:10 or 1:15 it would be possible)
- performance explodes

Cities have a lot of detail and are dense. This is the thing that makes ETS2 explode in performance. You can only have such a stable performance with the usage of cut planes and having not a lot of detail. ProMods is already using a lot of detail and you notice some lags in some spots already.
Imagine 1:1 (such as FSG map, FSG already requires a lot of performance) cities. Peformance would just go OOF