Your thoughts on if residential streets were added

The_District_Dad

Hi, so I've been running this idea through my head for a while now and I think it would be cool to have residential streets filled with homes and peds and maybe cars parked on drives.

I'm genuinely interested in who else think this is a good Idea?

Please leave a like if you like the idea and add any comments you think would be beneficial for this to be added :)

Regards

MT

That'd be up to something for either the Promods team or SCS to add, not TruckersMP. 

That being said however, I think that it'd at a great dynamic to the game, but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator ?

32 minutes ago, ZakYeen said:

but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator ?

This is true, but I've seen trucks in residential streets dropping off sofa's and furniture lol Also Euro Truck Simulator is a delivery simulator, we deliver cargo from one place to another.. lol

1 hour ago, Midnight Trucker said:

I've seen trucks in residential streets dropping off sofa's and furniture

In Ireland, where I live, the only kind of truck that you would see in residential areas, such as housing estates and such, would be BDF's. I've never personally seen a truck-trailer combo inside an estate or high residential area here, but that's not to say that that doesn't happen in other countries ?

Also, what I meant by a delivery sim was something along the likes of Vans and stuff, UPS/DPD etc, I'm aware they have trucks too, but they have more of a van presence ?

13 hours ago, ZakYeen said:

In Ireland, where I live, the only kind of truck that you would see in residential areas, such as housing estates and such, would be BDF's. I've never personally seen a truck-trailer combo inside an estate or high residential area here, but that's not to say that that doesn't happen in other countries ?

Also, what I meant by a delivery sim was something along the likes of Vans and stuff, UPS/DPD etc, I'm aware they have trucks too, but they have more of a van presence ?

This is true.

See thats why I asked for people's thoughts on it.. I could also say it's not a caravan simulator too :P

On 11/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, ZakYeen said:

That'd be up to something for either the Promods team or SCS to add, not TruckersMP. 

That being said however, I think that it'd at a great dynamic to the game, but, then you gotta ask yourself, why would a truck be going down a narrow, residential area in the fist place, it's a Truck Simulator, not a Delivery Simulator ?

To be fair, it’s actually quite common to see/have full size articulated trucks driving through “residential” areas, not everywhere in the world has a dirty great big huge motorway carving through the heart of town, sometimes large businesses need large vehicle and said vehicles will have to squeeze down narrow roads. Also ETS is a delivery simulator in a sense because you’re move items from one location to another which is a delivery.

As for residential roads and delivery points being in a thing in ETS? Technically in ProMods there are some... interesting company locations around towns that are more realistic in my opinion, but I don’t think SCS will add this sort of thing unless they release LGVs and tandem style trucks that are smaller and more nimble. 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, ZakYeen said:

This says it all!

But your idea however is great! 

^
You have no limits, but the problem here is
- the scale of 1:19, pretty much too small (in 1:10 or 1:15 it would be possible)
- performance explodes

Cities have a lot of detail and are dense. This is the thing that makes ETS2 explode in performance. You can only have such a stable performance with the usage of cut planes and having not a lot of detail. ProMods is already using a lot of detail and you notice some lags in some spots already.
Imagine 1:1 (such as FSG map, FSG already requires a lot of performance) cities. Peformance would just go OOF

Archived